LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 10:56 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Who likes KFC grilled chicken?
Why would I go to Kentucky FRIED Chicken for grilled chicken?

Good point!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 10:57 am

windsor wrote:Ozzie - it looks like you and me will have to do the heavy lifting on this (and it would help if you didn't pad the post count over younder on LTE1.0 :D )

Hey - I'm here too! Heck, I was the one complaining that the anticipated post storm was taking a while to develop.

Well, I've finished entering grades and am ready to go.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 10:58 am

windsor wrote:Ozzie - it looks like you and me will have to do the heavy lifting on this (and it would help if you didn't pad the post count over younder on LTE1.0 :D )
True, but you can never have too much Mickey Mantle! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 10:59 am

How many posts are we away from exceeding 1.0? I refuse to surf over there so I can't check for myself. Can we beat that thread by the weekend? How close can we get to it today? Shit, if someone were to give me a bottle of rye I could probably get us halfway there all by myself!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:00 am

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: That's like putting butter on fries. I have a fraternity brother who does that. When we used to go to now defunct :( "The Rathskeller", he'd order a "Double Gambler, extra greasy!"
Moment of silecne for the Rathskeller..... @};-
My favorite table was the one under the sidewalk glass blocks. I can still taste the apple pie covered in cheese..served on a beat up tin plate.
Apple pie with cheese!! First time I ever had that combiantion was there...nothing like it.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:01 am

windsor wrote:
Apple pie with cheese!! First time I ever had that combiantion was there...nothing like it.

Sounds gross. I far prefer apple pie with chocolate ice cream. And absolutely nothing can beat blueberry pie with chocolate ice cream - with the possible exception of lemon meringue pie!
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:01 am

colchar wrote:How many posts are we away from exceeding 1.0? I refuse to surf over there so I can't check for myself. Can we beat that thread by the weekend? How close can we get to it today? Shit, if someone were to give me a bottle of rye I could probably get us halfway there all by myself!

938 with this post, assuming no more get added over younder. We can do this...in a walk.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:02 am

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:

Sounds gross. I far prefer apple pie with chocolate ice cream. And absolutely nothing can beat blueberry pie with chocolate ice cream - with the possible exception of lemon meringue pie!
It is not gross...trust me on that. I do love hot apple pie with choclate ice cream though...I guess I must teach my daughter to make blueberry pie. (she can make apple by the way)
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:02 am

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote: That's like putting butter on fries. I have a fraternity brother who does that. When we used to go to now defunct :( "The Rathskeller", he'd order a "Double Gambler, extra greasy!"
Moment of silecne for the Rathskeller..... @};-

My favorite table was the one under the sidewalk glass blocks. I can still taste the apple pie covered in cheese..served on a beat up tin plate.
Never had that there. Heck, I never had room left for desert... =))

windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:03 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Never had that there. Heck, I never had room left for desert... =))
You need to order the pie FIRST silly!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:05 am

windsor wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Never had that there. Heck, I never had room left for desert... =))
Oh! It's an appetizer and not a desert. Now I understand! B-)

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:06 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
True, but you can never have too much Mickey Mantle! :D
Apparently DinK hasn't gotten the memo. And she's rooting for the wrong team too :(

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:07 am

windsor wrote: I guess I must teach my daughter to make blueberry pie. (she can make apple by the way)
Awesome! Then again, I am a very good cook myself and actually love to cook so I am more than happy to assume that role.

ETA: I also bake - from scratch - so she won't have to worry about that either.
Last edited by colchar on October 26th, 2009, 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:08 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:

Rookie mistake...
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 26th, 2009, 11:12 am

colchar wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
windsor wrote:Never had that there. Heck, I never had room left for desert... =))

Rookie mistake...
Um, no. When I was a teenager, the club we belonged to had a weekly mid-week "grand buffet". I'd start with 2 or 3 slices of prime rib, have desert, another slice of prime rib (it was REALLY REALLY good!) and then have some salad or side dishes if I felt like it, just to "cleanse the pallet". :D When it comes to attacking a buffet to maximize MY satisfaction, I'm a pro. :D B-)

colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:14 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:How many posts are we away from exceeding 1.0? I refuse to surf over there so I can't check for myself. Can we beat that thread by the weekend? How close can we get to it today? Shit, if someone were to give me a bottle of rye I could probably get us halfway there all by myself!

938 with this post, assuming no more get added over younder. We can do this...in a walk.

Hmmm, anyone in the mood to take a run at the record set during the great Post Storm of 09/09/09?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:15 am

windsor wrote:
colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:

It is not gross...trust me on that.

O.K. I'll take your word on that. After all, if you can't trust your mother-in-law who can you trust?
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 26th, 2009, 11:18 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
colchar wrote:

Rookie mistake...
Um, no. When I was a teenager, the club we belonged to had a weekly mid-week "grand buffet". I'd start with 2 or 3 slices of prime rib, have desert, another slice of prime rib (it was REALLY REALLY good!) and then have some salad or side dishes if I felt like it, just to "cleanse the pallet". :D When it comes to attacking a buffet to maximize MY satisfaction, I'm a pro. :D B-)

There is nothing better than a buffet breakfast or brunch when you are hungover - just make sure you load up on the coffee, water, and O.J. (juice, not Simpson).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:19 am

colchar wrote:
windsor wrote:

Hmmm, anyone in the mood to take a run at the record set during the great Post Storm of 09/09/09?
I stand ready to do my bit.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 26th, 2009, 11:24 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Um, no. When I was a teenager, the club we belonged to had a weekly mid-week "grand buffet". I'd start with 2 or 3 slices of prime rib, have desert, another slice of prime rib (it was REALLY REALLY good!) and then have some salad or side dishes if I felt like it, just to "cleanse the pallet". :D When it comes to attacking a buffet to maximize MY satisfaction, I'm a pro. :D B-)
At Chinese Buffets I always skip anything that resembles rice or noodles - leaving plenty of room for the good stuff.

Breakfast buffets - start with a plate of BACON. I love BACON. If they have decent biscuits and gravy I'll have those...work my over to eggs...top off with pancakes or waffles and fruit.