LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 11:47 am

ArkieDukie wrote: but I'm recovering from a really nasty chest cold

You and me both. At least I thought it was a nasty head and chest cold. Turns out it was a sinus infection and bronchitis. The medication hasn't kicked in yet but I really hope it does over the weekend as I have a job interview first thing Monday morning and I really don't want to be sick during it as the bronchitis makes it difficult to talk for too long without choking and coughing.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2009, 11:55 am

colchar wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: I did take voice as an adult - so I tried to get the parents to pay to make up for my deprived childhood.

How'd that work out for you?

No money forthcoming. But did get attendance at the recital :-o :nervous: - which no one mentioned to me before I signed up.
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 24th, 2009, 12:08 pm

colchar wrote:

You and me both. At least I thought it was a nasty head and chest cold. Turns out it was a sinus infection and bronchitis. The medication hasn't kicked in yet but I really hope it does over the weekend as I have a job interview first thing Monday morning and I really don't want to be sick during it as the bronchitis makes it difficult to talk for too long without choking and coughing.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Vibes for a speedy recovery, and also for the job interview! I was on antibiotics last week. They kicked in after the 2nd dose. I think I might've had walking pneumonia; I'm still coughing and hacking. Hot lemonade with honey really helps. Singing for 1.5 hrs (choir practice), on the other hand, does not. Maybe you could take a cough suppressant before your job interview?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2009, 12:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
colchar wrote:The sound of crickets is deafening again today. I need some company here people, I'm desperately trying to avoid grading mid-terms! What are y'all doing? Oh. Wait...
Personally, I'm trying to get motivated to go to the grocery store. I have a great recipe for black beans and yellow rice that I haven't made in several years, and I've been craving it all week. The ingredients are on my list. Would also love togo take pictures of the fall colors, but I'm recovering from a really nasty chest cold
I need to go to the grocery store also. Need to make cookies for church in the am, pasta salad for a pot luck tonight, and dessert for dinner tomorrow.

I'm glad you are in the recovery stage. Keep getting better :wizard: :wizard: heading your way.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2009, 12:12 pm

colchar wrote:

Healing vibes heading north! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 12:18 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
colchar wrote:

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: Vibes for a speedy recovery, and also for the job interview! I was on antibiotics last week. They kicked in after the 2nd dose. I think I might've had walking pneumonia; I'm still coughing and hacking. Hot lemonade with honey really helps. Singing for 1.5 hrs (choir practice), on the other hand, does not. Maybe you could take a cough suppressant before your job interview?

I will definitely be taking a cough suppressant beforehand! I've only been taking my antibiotics since Thursday so they haven't really had the chance to kick in yet. As I said, hopefully they will kick in over the weekend.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 24th, 2009, 12:19 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
colchar wrote:The sound of crickets is deafening again today. I need some company here people, I'm desperately trying to avoid grading mid-terms! What are y'all doing? Oh. Wait...
Personally, I'm trying to get motivated to go to the grocery store. I have a great recipe for black beans and yellow rice that I haven't made in several years, and I've been craving it all week. The ingredients are on my list. Would also love togo take pictures of the fall colors, but I'm recovering from a really nasty chest cold
I need to go to the grocery store also. Need to make cookies for church in the am, pasta salad for a pot luck tonight, and dessert for dinner tomorrow.

I'm glad you are in the recovery stage. Keep getting better :wizard: :wizard: heading your way.
Have you ever tried the Betty Crocker cookie mixes? They're great. I especially like the oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. Add an egg and butter, mix, bake. Couldn't be easier - unless you bought frozen dough or just bought the cookies already made. Neither tastes quite as good as freshly baked cookies, though.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:26 pm

colchar: We don't get Versus, so we get ZERO NHL action. I mean NONE. ESPN (the TSN south of the parallel) reports scores and wacky goals, so basically over here, ESPN takes a WHO CARES approach. SHOOT... English Premier League gets more coverage than NHL. Gary Buttman has done a successful job bringing NHL into the 20th place in popular sports in the US.

It'll be more visible when they do the outdoor game, and just before the Olympics start up.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » October 24th, 2009, 12:26 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote: quote="colchar" The sound of crickets is deafening again today. I need some company here people, I'm desperately trying to avoid grading mid-terms! What are y'all doing? Oh. Wait... /quote

Have you ever tried the Betty Crocker cookie mixes? They're great. I especially like the oatmeal-chocolate chip cookies. Add an egg and butter, mix, bake. Couldn't be easier - unless you bought frozen dough or just bought the cookies already made. Neither tastes quite as good as freshly baked cookies, though.
I'm either going with the Duke Chocolate Chip recipe or Clipper Chipper Cookies - milk chocolate, Tia Maria, Frangelica, walnuts, pecans, macadamia nuts. I may use the cookies for dessert tomorrow also with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Just placed my order for 3 dozen bagels at Ronnie's in Hillsdale, NJ. Will pick them up tomorrow, then transport them to Kentucky.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:29 pm

Apple Season in northern New Jersey: Just stocked up on apples. YMM...
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:30 pm

WAY TOO many people like the Yankees here.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:31 pm

WHERE is Ymo?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:colchar: We don't get Versus, so we get ZERO NHL action. I mean NONE. ESPN (the TSN south of the parallel) reports scores and wacky goals, so basically over here, ESPN takes a WHO CARES approach. SHOOT... English Premier League gets more coverage than NHL. Gary Buttman has done a successful job bringing NHL into the 20th place in popular sports in the US.

It'll be more visible when they do the outdoor game, and just before the Olympics start up.

Do NOT get me started on Gary 'Dickhead' Buttman or y'all will be subjected to a rant the likes of which you've rarely seen. I hate that asshole with the heat of a thousand suns (as do almost all Canadian hockey fans).

As for the outdoor game, I personally hate it as I see it as nothing more than yet another stupid Buttman gimmick that merely cheapens the game.

Too bad you folks don't get the CBC down there. I'm no fan of our national broadcaster but they do hockey better than anyone else in the world with the possible exception of other Canadian networks like TSN, Sportsnet, etc. Hockey Night In Canada is a national institution here.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:33 pm

Does NASCAR have an XM radio channel?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 12:34 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

I'm either going with the Duke Chocolate Chip recipe

You should post that in the recipe thread (or is it already there? I haven't checked that thread in a while).
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 12:34 pm

Lavabe wrote:Does NASCAR have an XM radio channel?

IIRC, yes.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:37 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:colchar: We don't get Versus, so we get ZERO NHL action. I mean NONE. ESPN (the TSN south of the parallel) reports scores and wacky goals, so basically over here, ESPN takes a WHO CARES approach. SHOOT... English Premier League gets more coverage than NHL. Gary Buttman has done a successful job bringing NHL into the 20th place in popular sports in the US.

Do NOT get me started on Gary 'Dickhead' Buttman or y'all will be subjected to a rant the likes of which you've rarely seen. I hate that asshole with the heat of a thousand suns (as do almost all Canadian hockey fans).

As for the outdoor game, I personally hate it as I see it as nothing more than yet another stupid Buttman gimmick that merely cheapens the game.

Too bad you folks don't get the CBC down there. I'm no fan of our national broadcaster but they do hockey better than anyone else in the world with the possible exception of other Canadian networks like TSN, Sportsnet, etc. Hockey Night In Canada is a national institution here.
We get no Grapes, we get no Hockey Night, we get nuttin!

It's getting harder to identify sports with less fan base than NHL down here. I think skiing (Nordic and biathalon) may have smaller fan bases and tv exposure. Other than that, however, I can't think of too many.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » October 24th, 2009, 12:41 pm

colchar wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Does NASCAR have an XM radio channel?

IIRC, yes.
SWEET!! I have an 11 hour drive tomorrow, and the rental has XM. WOO HOO!! I get to listen to the Martinsville race for 6 hours.

Now, if I could just make my picks. I guess I'll go with Gordon. I just don't know about any others.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » October 24th, 2009, 12:43 pm

Lavabe wrote: Do NOT get me started on Gary 'Dickhead' Buttman or y'all will be subjected to a rant the likes of which you've rarely seen. I hate that asshole with the heat of a thousand suns (as do almost all Canadian hockey fans).

We get no Grapes, we get no Hockey Night, we get nuttin!

It's getting harder to identify sports with less fan base than NHL down here. I think skiing (Nordic and biathalon) may have smaller fan bases and tv exposure. Other than that, however, I can't think of too many.[/quote]

Bettman the Butthead is obsessed with expanding the market in the southern U.S. Nice to see he is doing such a great job of that. Fucking moron.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------