Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Post by dukediv2012 » September 27th, 2009, 10:26 am

Last nights win was great for Duke, but now onto VT.

LETS GO DUKE! BEAT TECH!
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Post by Rolvix » September 27th, 2009, 2:35 pm

I can't wait! Hopefully I will be able to attend. I'm expecting a good game!!! :D
The Wackos need to be out in full force. :-bd
Class of 2014
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » September 27th, 2009, 3:15 pm

Crap, I have to be in class all day.
-- DukeUsul
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 28th, 2009, 7:40 am

dukediv2012 wrote:Last nights win was great for Duke, but now onto VT.

LETS GO DUKE! BEAT TECH!
Any scouting reports or injury updates?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 28th, 2009, 10:35 am

Coach Cutcliffe commented yesterday that you don't ever think you're ready to play Virginia Tech, but prospects look better than they did earlier in the season. Desmond Scott ran for 100 yards Saturday, the first Duke runner to do that in a single game since 2005. Thad's getting more and better reps. Could be an exciting game!
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » September 28th, 2009, 7:58 pm

devildeac wrote:
dukediv2012 wrote:Last nights win was great for Duke, but now onto VT.

LETS GO DUKE! BEAT TECH!
Any scouting reports or injury updates?
I will try to give you a report closer to Saturday. Probably a PM though.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 28th, 2009, 8:06 pm

VT released a minor injury report yesterday...full of minor injuries.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 28th, 2009, 8:33 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:VT released a minor injury report yesterday...full of minor injuries.
Did any of the injuries involve mules?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 29th, 2009, 12:17 am

Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:VT released a minor injury report yesterday...full of minor injuries.
"Oyitch!"
Name the movie and I'll give you $20. Seriously.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2009, 7:36 am

I love Duke as much as anybody. Heck, I played Duke football, and after my injury, I still attended every home game during my three remaining years. However, having a wife who's a VT alum, I've also followed and pulled for the Hokies for the last 12 years (never when they play Duke, of course! They were in the Big East when I started dating her, so it wasn't really an issue back then). I've got to be honest here. Watching the two teams play, I don't see any way that Duke wins this game, unless the biochem department finds a way to infect their entire team with swine flu. I'll be pulling for them, of course, but unless EVERY single ball bounces their way, this is going to be a rout. The Hokies are the best team that Duke will have played so far, including Kansas. Duke has the best team speed they've had in YEARS, but it still doesn't compare to the Hokies' speed. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 29th, 2009, 7:40 am

bjornolf wrote:I love Duke as much as anybody. Heck, I played Duke football, and after my injury, I still attended every home game during my three remaining years. However, having a wife who's a VT alum, I've also followed and pulled for the Hokies for the last 12 years (never when they play Duke, of course! They were in the Big East when I started dating her, so it wasn't really an issue back then). I've got to be honest here. Watching the two teams play, I don't see any way that Duke wins this game, unless the biochem department finds a way to infect their entire team with swine flu. I'll be pulling for them, of course, but unless EVERY single ball bounces their way, this is going to be a rout. The Hokies are the best team that Duke will have played so far, including Kansas. Duke has the best team speed they've had in YEARS, but it still doesn't compare to the Hokies' speed. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

%%-
Logically, I don't think there's much (if anything) to disagree with in your post but what's the difference between this year and last year when we were 1 "shorter" QB away from a W in Blacksburg?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 29th, 2009, 8:15 am

wilson wrote:
Devil in the Blue Dress wrote:
"Oyitch!"
Name the movie and I'll give you $20. Seriously.
"GUS" ---I googled that, so I cheated.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 29th, 2009, 10:57 am

devildeac wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I love Duke as much as anybody. Heck, I played Duke football, and after my injury, I still attended every home game during my three remaining years. However, having a wife who's a VT alum, I've also followed and pulled for the Hokies for the last 12 years (never when they play Duke, of course! They were in the Big East when I started dating her, so it wasn't really an issue back then). I've got to be honest here. Watching the two teams play, I don't see any way that Duke wins this game, unless the biochem department finds a way to infect their entire team with swine flu. I'll be pulling for them, of course, but unless EVERY single ball bounces their way, this is going to be a rout. The Hokies are the best team that Duke will have played so far, including Kansas. Duke has the best team speed they've had in YEARS, but it still doesn't compare to the Hokies' speed. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

%%-
Logically, I don't think there's much (if anything) to disagree with in your post but what's the difference between this year and last year when we were 1 "shorter" QB away from a W in Blacksburg?
Tyrod Taylor is the full time starting QB and has a TON more experience. That kid is slowly but surely turning into a player. He's almost as athletic as Vick was, but he's shaping up to be a better passer. Plus, Russ Grimm's son is now a starter and captain on the defense. That kid hits like a sledge hammer, and he's actually smart. They lost a LOT of players on defense, but I think their new guys are starting to gel. I would have given us a shot the first weekend of the season, but now, after three games under their belt, they're gonna be tough for anybody. Did you see the way they handled the supposedly resurgent Hurricanes? They gave them a beat down like NOBODY'S business.

Only chance is that they overlook the devils, but Beamer's too smart for that. He's a pretty wily old fox. Also, they have Boston College after Duke. BC is kind of down this year, I think. If they'd been strong, there would be more chance of a possible overlook situation, but with BC down, I don't see it happening.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 29th, 2009, 11:15 am

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-
Tyrod Taylor is the full time starting QB and has a TON more experience. That kid is slowly but surely turning into a player. He's almost as athletic as Vick was, but he's shaping up to be a better passer. Plus, Russ Grimm's son is now a starter and captain on the defense. That kid hits like a sledge hammer, and he's actually smart. They lost a LOT of players on defense, but I think their new guys are starting to gel. I would have given us a shot the first weekend of the season, but now, after three games under their belt, they're gonna be tough for anybody. Did you see the way they handled the supposedly resurgent Hurricanes? They gave them a beat down like NOBODY'S business.

Only chance is that they overlook the devils, but Beamer's too smart for that. He's a pretty wily old fox. Also, they have Boston College after Duke. BC is kind of down this year, I think. If they'd been strong, there would be more chance of a possible overlook situation, but with BC down, I don't see it happening.

%%-
BC wasn't down this past Saturday!
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » September 29th, 2009, 11:55 am

Fall Break includes this coming weekend, so student attendance is likely to be down.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 29th, 2009, 12:12 pm

bjornolf wrote:
devildeac wrote:

%%-

%%-
Good stuff. Thanks. Yea, the Miami beatdown did get my attention. :(
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » September 30th, 2009, 2:39 pm

Des Scott worked out today, but was definitely not running full speed... we shall see what happens tomorrow.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 30th, 2009, 3:09 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:Des Scott worked out today, but was definitely not running full speed... we shall see what happens tomorrow.
What happened to him?
dukediv2012
PW in training
PW in training

Post by dukediv2012 » September 30th, 2009, 3:14 pm

Sorry... Des tweaked his hamstring yesterday during practice. He participated in practice, but he was no contact. We shall see...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 30th, 2009, 3:36 pm

dukediv2012 wrote:Sorry... Des tweaked his hamstring yesterday during practice. He participated in practice, but he was no contact. We shall see...
Thanks much for the updates. I'm assuming Kurunwune is healthy, he looked great last Saturday as well.