Ymm, Beer!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Ymm, Beer!

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 12:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
devildeac wrote:Just so folks don't forget...

BTTT :D
The weather is looking good for this afternoon, so I'll finally be able to brew my scotch ale. It should be present for drinking at the VT brunchgate.
One of my favorites from last year. :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 11th, 2009, 11:30 pm

JuJu Ginger-Left Hand Brewing Company, Colorado-A very pleasant light yellow-golden ale with several malts and a light amount of several hops that tips the scale at 4.2% ABV and 20 IBU. Heck, this beer might even be low enough on the bitterness scale that Ozzie would like it :)) =)) . The ginger is a tiny bit too much for my liking but is a fine session beer or would match nicely with lightly spiced foods during almost any season. That would Duke FB, BB or baseball for those of you out there foolish enough to think I was referring to summer, fall, winter and spring. :roll: :)) . A fine trader from CB&B from the 9/5 edition of Brunchgate.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 11th, 2009, 11:52 pm

devildeac wrote: Heck, this beer might even be low enough on the bitterness scale that Ozzie would like it :)) =)) .
I did have him try it at brunchgate and he said "I could drink this". To his credit, he does venture away from the BL...not often, but he does. :)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 12th, 2009, 12:01 am

devildeac wrote: Heck, this beer might even be low enough on the bitterness scale that Ozzie would like it :)) =)) .
I did have him try it at brunchgate and he said "I could drink this". To his credit, he does venture away from the BL...not often, but he does. :)
Agreed. He even tasted a beer float in February, liked it and had a 2nd serving and that was made with a stout. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2009, 8:00 am

WTH? Did anyone have any new/good beers this weekend? :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 14th, 2009, 8:22 am

devildeac wrote:WTH? Did anyone have any new/good beers this weekend? :roll:
Yes! I had the Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale, which this year is an IPA. I still have one saved so I can review it tonight. Without details, I can say I recommend it.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm

Miles: I have a mixed 6er for you. Do you want more or less?
CB&B: I have a 4 pack for you. It's not that I like Miles more either ;) :D . I just think the 4 I have would be new to you but I could EASILY make it a 6er, too, with another couple of new ales :D .
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » September 15th, 2009, 9:12 am

devildeac wrote:Miles: I have a mixed 6er for you. Do you want more or less?
CB&B: I have a 4 pack for you. It's not that I like Miles more either ;) :D . I just think the 4 I have would be new to you but I could EASILY make it a 6er, too, with another couple of new ales :D .
Wait. Do you really have to ask that question? :-j
Seriously, a mixed 6er sounds great.
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2009, 9:20 am

Miles wrote:
The 4 sounds great. I'm hoping to have the scotch ale bottle by NCCU, but it won't be ready to open until a week later.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2009, 9:21 am

Miles wrote:
Done. It's aging in my "cellar" as I type. :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2009, 9:23 am

Miles wrote:
The 4 sounds great. I'm hoping to have the scotch ale bottle by NCCU, but it won't be ready to open until a week later.
Done. Your 4 pack is sitting next to Miles' in the "cellar" as it ages. I'll wait 30 days on the Scotch Ale if so instructed. :(( but :D with anticipation.
DUKEBLUE252
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by DUKEBLUE252 » September 15th, 2009, 11:14 am

after 5 years i finally found my favorite seasonal! Jack's pumpkin spiced ale (michelob) i was talked into sampling it at a bar in jacksonville (after a little arm twisting) and recently found it again @HT. it only took 2 years of nagging the distributor to finally get it. DESCRIPTION : drinking pumpkin pie (im having one for breakfast!) :-bd
peace? PEACE??!! I hate the word, as i hate chapel hell, all tarholes, and roy.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2009, 11:37 am

DUKEBLUE252 wrote:
after 5 years i finally found my favorite seasonal! Jack's pumpkin spiced ale (michelob) i was talked into sampling it at a bar in jacksonville (after a little arm twisting) and recently found it again @HT. it only took 2 years of nagging the distributor to finally get it. DESCRIPTION : drinking pumpkin pie (im having one for breakfast!) :-bd
Try a couple other pumpkin ales, too, like Post Road or Punkin' Ale. :D But not necessarily for breakfast... :roll:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2009, 11:51 am

DUKEBLUE252 wrote:
Michelob is my favorite big brewer for attempting to at least try craft style beers. I always look for their seasonal sampler pack at Christmas time.
Good to see we have another beer person in here, I wish we had a better selection to choose from in eastern NC. Harris Teeter and Food Lion have fair selections, but for the best we need a Total Wine store, and the closest is in Raleigh. Grrrr. The Homebrew Haus in New Bern has a small selection, but what he has is all very good. That's the store I buy my brewing supplies from.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2009, 3:31 pm

DUKEBLUE252 wrote:
Michelob is my favorite big brewer for attempting to at least try craft style beers. I always look for their seasonal sampler pack at Christmas time.
Good to see we have another beer person in here, I wish we had a better selection to choose from in eastern NC. Harris Teeter and Food Lion have fair selections, but for the best we need a Total Wine store, and the closest is in Raleigh. Grrrr. The Homebrew Haus in New Bern has a small selection, but what he has is all very good. That's the store I buy my brewing supplies from.
Solution: more road trips and a large trunk for hauling beers back to the coast when you come to Brunchgates. ;) :D
Miles

Post by Miles » September 15th, 2009, 3:35 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Michelob is my favorite big brewer for attempting to at least try craft style beers. I always look for their seasonal sampler pack at Christmas time.
Solution: more road trips and a large trunk for hauling beers back to the coast when you come to Brunchgates. ;) :D
I'll back you up on that dd. And CBaB, while I do enjoy the spirit of trading beers, if you'd just like me to pick some up for you let me know. It won't be a problem to bring beer to a Brunchgate since I won't have a car load of luggage and other crap.

Hmmm, I wonder how much beer I could transport at once?
:-?
sMiles
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 15th, 2009, 3:51 pm

Miles wrote:
devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: Michelob is my favorite big brewer for attempting to at least try craft style beers. I always look for their seasonal sampler pack at Christmas time.
I'll back you up on that dd. And CBaB, while I do enjoy the spirit of trading beers, if you'd just like me to pick some up for you let me know. It won't be a problem to bring beer to a Brunchgate since I won't have a car load of luggage and other crap.

Hmmm, I wonder how much beer I could transport at once?
:-?
At least 3 extra cases if you leave your sweetie at home, but I wouldn't really suggest that... :oops: :roll:
My honest guess would be 6-8 cases in your trunk and 6-8 cases in your rear seat, depending on the size of your vehicle... :roll:
Better check with CB&B before you bring all that stuff to a Brunchgate :roll: ;) . He's a big guy but he's not THAT thirsty...
I go for a 6er or two at the time for trading/sipping and reviewing purposes and I've got a couple good places in
Raleigh to purchase the goodies.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 15th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Miles wrote: I'll back you up on that dd. And CBaB, while I do enjoy the spirit of trading beers, if you'd just like me to pick some up for you let me know. It won't be a problem to bring beer to a Brunchgate since I won't have a car load of luggage and other crap.
Thanks, but I always include an outing to total wine during my trips. Last game I made a stop coming, and hit it again before I left town on Sunday! Since I didn't have the home brew, I needed to pick up some extra traders, it's always a great way for us to try something new.
Miles

Post by Miles » September 15th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Miles wrote: I'll back you up on that dd. And CBaB, while I do enjoy the spirit of trading beers, if you'd just like me to pick some up for you let me know. It won't be a problem to bring beer to a Brunchgate since I won't have a car load of luggage and other crap.
Thanks, but I always include an outing to total wine during my trips. Last game I made a stop coming, and hit it again before I left town on Sunday! Since I didn't have the home brew, I needed to pick up some extra traders, it's always a great way for us to try something new.
My pleasure. And if you ever change your mind, you know how to get in touch with me. Kelly's place is within walking distance of Total Wine, and our favorite, Brawley's.
sMiles
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » September 15th, 2009, 11:04 pm

DUKEBLUE252 wrote:
Is there a Lowe's Foods near you? The one in Greenville had a very respectable beer selection when I was there.