Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Any CrazieTalkers want to be CrazieWalkers?

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 10:33 am

Bostondevil wrote:Oh, and I'm looking for a Thanksgiving Day race to run myself up here in New England.
The only race I'm running on Thanksgiving is to see who gets the best recliner at my grandma's house.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 10:35 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:<snip>... where the Jews are trying to take down the walls of Jericho in the dessert.
Did they REALLY put that in a Veggie Tales?
Most Christian based religions realize that if it weren't for the Jews, we wouldn't have Chrisianity. The old testament is covered in most religions. One of the Faith Formation classes I taught we spent a good deal of time on the old testament, essentially learning that every time the Jews pulled away from G-d (did I do that correctly?) he would do something, i.e a covenant, that would bring them back to him. For Christians, the last (as in, there haven't been any others, not THE last) covenant was the sending of his son.
I teach 5th-grade Sunday School, and our curriculum is all Old Testament stuff. It's a historian's dream.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 27th, 2009, 10:46 am

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Most Christian based religions realize that if it weren't for the Jews, we wouldn't have Chrisianity. The old testament is covered in most religions. One of the Faith Formation classes I taught we spent a good deal of time on the old testament, essentially learning that every time the Jews pulled away from G-d (did I do that correctly?) he would do something, i.e a covenant, that would bring them back to him. For Christians, the last (as in, there haven't been any others, not THE last) covenant was the sending of his son.
I teach 5th-grade Sunday School, and our curriculum is all Old Testament stuff. It's a historian's dream.
Ooo, perhaps we can have a discussion when you're visiting.
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 10:48 am

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:I teach 5th-grade Sunday School, and our curriculum is all Old Testament stuff. It's a historian's dream.
I'd love to. Teaching that Sunday School class is one of the most enjoyable things I've done in a long time.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 27th, 2009, 10:56 am

I teach 4-5 year olds in Sunday School, it's all about the coloring.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 27th, 2009, 11:35 am

Bostondevil wrote:I teach 4-5 year olds in Sunday School, it's all about the coloring.
I sing in the choir and ring in the hand bell choir - it is like being with 4-5 year olds without the coloring. :D
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 27th, 2009, 1:36 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:Most Christian based religions realize that if it weren't for the Jews, we wouldn't have Chrisianity. The old testament is covered in most religions. One of the Faith Formation classes I taught we spent a good deal of time on the old testament, essentially learning that every time the Jews pulled away from G-d (did I do that correctly?) he would do something, i.e a covenant, that would bring them back to him. For Christians, the last (as in, there haven't been any others, not THE last) covenant was the sending of his son.
Umm... I was talking about the Jewish dessert thing. Did "Veggie Tales" really call it a "dessert," or was it a simple typo on bjornolf's part?
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 27th, 2009, 2:04 pm

Lavabe wrote:Umm... I was talking about the Jewish dessert thing. Did "Veggie Tales" really call it a "dessert," or was it a simple typo on bjornolf's part?
Well color me embarrassed. Did not pick up on bjornolf's spelling of desert.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 27th, 2009, 3:56 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Umm... I was talking about the Jewish dessert thing. Did "Veggie Tales" really call it a "dessert," or was it a simple typo on bjornolf's part?
Well color me embarrassed. Did not pick up on bjornolf's spelling of desert.
Y'all ran with it without looking at the "cheesecake" and "rogelach" references in the previous post. :D ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 27th, 2009, 8:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:I teach 4-5 year olds in Sunday School, it's all about the coloring.
I sing in the choir and ring in the hand bell choir - it is like being with 4-5 year olds without the coloring. :D
Me too, and you are so right! =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
knights68
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by knights68 » August 28th, 2009, 7:05 am

windsor wrote:In conjunction with ditching the cigarettes Windsor (yes I refer to myself in the third person sometimes) is going to walk/run (mostly walk...well probably totally walk) the 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving.

Wondering if any of the other CrazieTalkers want to join up for a virtual walking group - Tilly is in I bet.

'We're walking...yes indeed we're walkin'.....'
I am interested..... more info por faver?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 28th, 2009, 7:43 am

Lavabe wrote: Umm... I was talking about the Jewish dessert thing. Did "Veggie Tales" really call it a "dessert," or was it a simple typo on bjornolf's part?
Typo, typo, typo. Talk about embarrassed. :ymblushing:

Speaking of embarrassed, if you're among hispanics and you're embarrassed, never say "estoy embarrassado" unless you are with child. In spanish, that means "I'm pregnant". This can be PARTICULARLY embarrassing for guys. What you want is "Tengo verguenza", which literally translates "I have shame". That concludes your tip for the day. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 28th, 2009, 7:58 am

knights68 wrote:
windsor wrote:In conjunction with ditching the cigarettes Windsor (yes I refer to myself in the third person sometimes) is going to walk/run (mostly walk...well probably totally walk) the 5k Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving.

Wondering if any of the other CrazieTalkers want to join up for a virtual walking group - Tilly is in I bet.

'We're walking...yes indeed we're walkin'.....'
I am interested..... more info por faver?
Georgia the Wonderdog and I are interested as well. :o3
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 7:46 am

Tilly, DinK and Lavabe (and any also interested in CrazieWalkin' not to be confused with Silly Walking)

I got side tracked by a poo storm at work...Wizard and I have been walking almost every night (he's sporting his spiffy new backback so he can carry our stuff and he loves it)

I don't know if any of you have a goal (I want to walk the 5K Turkey Trot) but I was thinking vritual walks and moral support....Lavabe I know you walk the Awesome Aussie. Tilly have you been strollin'???

What do you guys think will work best in the cyberworld (since I can't show up on your collective doorsteps and walk with you)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 9:13 am

windsor wrote:Tilly, DinK and Lavabe (and any also interested in CrazieWalkin' not to be confused with Silly Walking)

I got side tracked by a poo storm at work...Wizard and I have been walking almost every night (he's sporting his spiffy new backback so he can carry our stuff and he loves it)

I don't know if any of you have a goal (I want to walk the 5K Turkey Trot) but I was thinking vritual walks and moral support....Lavabe I know you walk the Awesome Aussie. Tilly have you been strollin'???

What do you guys think will work best in the cyberworld (since I can't show up on your collective doorsteps and walk with you)
Yay you. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad me. No I haven't. Time to get my big ole arse in gear. Will try tonight when I get home.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 2nd, 2009, 9:33 am

I have been bad, also. I am putting Saturday as my start day. Will report back.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 9:37 am

TillyGalore wrote:
windsor wrote:Tilly, DinK and Lavabe (and any also interested in CrazieWalkin' not to be confused with Silly Walking)

Yay you. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad me. No I haven't. Time to get my big ole arse in gear. Will try tonight when I get home.
It is HARD to get started...took spending $50 on a new backpack for the dog! I hate wasting money.....so since I bought the thing I'll have to use it....when that 'wears' off I'll get new walking shoes...and I'll have to use them...oh the mind games =)) L-)
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » September 2nd, 2009, 9:56 am

I usually walk 1.5 miles and 2 miles each day with Georgia (i.e., two walks a day). By the end of the walks, she is one tired dog, having chased every water sprinkler along the way. After the first block or two, she gets into her rhythm.

Unfortunately, ILJ's knee issues prevent her from doing much walking. We expect that she's due for knee replacement surgery sometime in this next year.

Cheers,
Lavabe
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » September 2nd, 2009, 3:31 pm

Lavabe wrote:

I usually walk 1.5 miles and 2 miles each day with Georgia (i.e., two walks a day). By the end of the walks, she is one tired dog, having chased every water sprinkler along the way. After the first block or two, she gets into her rhythm.

Unfortunately, ILJ's knee issues prevent her from doing much walking. We expect that she's due for knee replacement surgery sometime in this next year.

Cheers,
Lavabe
It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » September 2nd, 2009, 3:46 pm

windsor wrote:
Lavabe wrote:

Cheers,
Lavabe

It takes Wizard a block or so to realize we are walking not going for a walk (??) going for a walk = doing his business, walking means get your Tervie Tail in heel positon and stay there....no sniff, no watering flora or fauna...he's funny when he get the 'oh, we're walking his head comes up, ears come up and he gets this 'I'm walkin' with Mommy prance in his step' Silly Terv.
This is why I kind of sort of wish I had a dog. My cats hate leases.