FDA is an a-hole

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

FDA is an a-hole

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 27th, 2009, 12:02 am

As if y'all didn't know. Read the two football threads on DBR - the one I started on last Saturday's scrimmage, and Jim Sumner's 8-25 Scrimmage thread.

I wonder if I'll get an infraction for calling him out in post #24 in Jim's thread?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: FDA is an a-hole

Post by Turk » August 27th, 2009, 2:05 am

If you get an infraction, three or four other people over yonder should get them as well. You're not the only one that pointed out FDA's self-promotion and slanted view. My take? It's an effing scrimmage and it's wrong to parse the stats as if it were a bowl game. Baseball fans sometimes do the same thing in spring training - they pay attention to the stats, especially if they aren't watching the game with their own eyeballs.

FDA also has a serious man-crush on Paulus. I wouldn't hit a Syracuse board if you paid me.

Oz, you're still the paradigm of optimism in my book!! 9F 9F 9F
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 27th, 2009, 2:21 am

What you said wasn't that bad. Have things gotten so shitty over there that a post as mild as that can result in an infraction?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 27th, 2009, 7:29 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:As if y'all didn't know. Read the two football threads on DBR - the one I started on last Saturday's scrimmage, and Jim Sumner's 8-25 Scrimmage thread.

I wonder if I'll get an infraction for calling him out in post #24 in Jim's thread?
He has hijacked that thread beyond belief...and started in with Jim's thread on the last scrimmage. Some of the responses against him are way funny.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
weezie

Post by weezie » August 27th, 2009, 7:34 am

No Oz, it wasn't bad at all. I would be surprised if there was any blowback.

I'll bet that a thread about who thinks who is a "rear end hole" over on DBR would likely end up as a strong contender for the next LTE.
And yeah, ok, I'd probably be in the list, too! :o
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 27th, 2009, 8:26 am

I'm wondering what he played and when. All he says is former duke athlete. I'd love to know, cause he ssems to use it as an excuse to just sit on everybody else. I've noticed that he has a pretty high opinion of himself, and has dismissed a lot of other people's opinions out of hand in several threads, including a couple about the NFL (mine included). Now, I am FAR from an expert, but I did play four years of football at Duke (okay, so only one was varsity, but still), so I would guess that I'm as qualified to have an opinion about football as he is.

The best part is if you go on DBR and look in his public profile, it says "Duke Former Athlete has not made any friends." Truer words have never been typed.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 27th, 2009, 9:06 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:As if y'all didn't know. Read the two football threads on DBR - the one I started on last Saturday's scrimmage, and Jim Sumner's 8-25 Scrimmage thread.

In other news, the sun rose today...
-- DukeUsul
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 27th, 2009, 9:07 am

bjornolf wrote:I'm wondering what he played and when. All he says is former duke athlete. I'd love to know, cause he ssems to use it as an excuse to just sit on everybody else. I've noticed that he has a pretty high opinion of himself, and has dismissed a lot of other people's opinions out of hand in several threads, including a couple about the NFL (mine included). Now, I am FAR from an expert, but I did play four years of football at Duke (okay, so only one was varsity, but still), so I would guess that I'm as qualified to have an opinion about football as he is.

The best part is if you go on DBR and look in his public profile, it says "Duke Former Athlete has not made any friends." Truer words have never been typed.

%%-
I doubt very much that he ran track.

Oz: I'd like to think your post wouldn't warrant an infraction, but I gave up figuring that out a long time ago... since around April 1. ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 27th, 2009, 9:50 am

Lavabe wrote:
bjornolf wrote:I'm wondering what he played and when. All he says is former duke athlete. I'd love to know, cause he ssems to use it as an excuse to just sit on everybody else. I've noticed that he has a pretty high opinion of himself, and has dismissed a lot of other people's opinions out of hand in several threads, including a couple about the NFL (mine included). Now, I am FAR from an expert, but I did play four years of football at Duke (okay, so only one was varsity, but still), so I would guess that I'm as qualified to have an opinion about football as he is.

%%-
I doubt very much that he ran track.

Oz: I'd like to think your post wouldn't warrant an infraction, but I gave up figuring that out a long time ago... since around April 1. ;)
Didn't Duke have a badmitton team when he was there?
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 27th, 2009, 10:20 am

His obsession with height as a major characteristic qualifying one to play quarterback in college is so absurd that it's grown comical. It really just makes no sense. He clearly did not play football, and I think it's safe to say he didn't play basketball...I bet it was baseball or cross country or something.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 27th, 2009, 10:21 am

wilson wrote:His obsession with height as a major characteristic qualifying one to play quarterback in college is so absurd that it's grown comical. It really just makes no sense. He clearly did not play football, and I think it's safe to say he didn't play basketball...I bet it was baseball or cross country or something.
I thought he/she was a swimmer? I could be wrong.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 27th, 2009, 10:40 am

wilson wrote:His obsession with height as a major characteristic qualifying one to play quarterback in college is so absurd that it's grown comical.
Very true. Height becomes very important at the NFL level because it's hard to see through the pocket and over the linebackers if you're short. However, there are MANY successful QBs at the college level who are on the shorter side... Michael Vick, Doug Flutie (of course, that was a while back) and Chase Daniels come to mind immediately. From an article about short QBs at Rivals.com (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... CID=831608), here are some Division I QBs who started last year who are never going to play forward on the hardwood:

Name....................School............Height
Chase Daniel...........Missouri............6-0
Dwight Dasher........Middle Tenn.........5-10
Julian Edelman........Kent State..........6-0
Tyler Graunke............Hawaii...........6-0
Matt Grothe..........South Florida........6-0
Cody Hawkins..........Colorado...........5-11
K. Kaheaku-Enhada......Navy.............5-11
Kinsmon Lancaster......ULM..............5-11
Paul McCall...............FIU................6-0
Patrick Pinkney..........ECU...............6-0
Todd Reesing..........Kansas.............5-11
Shea Smith............Air Force...........5-11

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 27th, 2009, 11:39 am

TillyGalore wrote:
wilson wrote:His obsession with height as a major characteristic qualifying one to play quarterback in college is so absurd that it's grown comical. It really just makes no sense. He clearly did not play football, and I think it's safe to say he didn't play basketball...I bet it was baseball or cross country or something.
I thought he/she was a swimmer? I could be wrong.
That sounds right. Although badmitton is still a good alternative.. ;)
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 27th, 2009, 11:43 pm

Oh.

When I saw the title of this post, I had wondered why you were so bent out of shape with the Food and Drug Administration.

Never mind.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 28th, 2009, 2:23 am

I've thought this sentiment for several years now - ever since the LAX incident.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 28th, 2009, 6:34 am

DukeUsul wrote:

In other news, the sun rose today...
I was thinking more along the lines of the sky is blue, but you beat me to the punch. Great minds think alike! =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 28th, 2009, 9:28 am

CathyCA wrote:Oh.

When I saw the title of this post, I had wondered why you were so bent out of shape with the Food and Drug Administration.

Never mind.
Mind you the FDA does need to remove their head from their collective ass.
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 28th, 2009, 10:18 am

Guess no one will be inviting FDA to crazietalk.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 28th, 2009, 10:49 am

TillyGalore wrote:Guess no one will be inviting FDA to crazietalk.
Sure we can! Better delete this thread if we do though. :ymsmug:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 28th, 2009, 11:34 am

TillyGalore wrote:Guess no one will be inviting FDA to crazietalk.
If someone wants to join CTN, how much does he or she have to bench press? 8-|
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.