Root for ME!!!! (To Beat Bones in Scrabble)

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: Root for ME!!!! (To Beat wilson in Scrabble)

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 3:48 pm

Lavabe wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Who is BOVid and why are you asking me?
CL made mention of getting a rack of vowels, to which someone suggested he would then be CL "BunchOfVowels," or BOV. I just merely added the suffix -id. "Bovid" also refers to ruminants, such as cattle, oxen, goats, sheep, and antelope, that have hollow, unbranching horns. Hence, the use of the cattle emoticon. 3:-O
How many points to you get for that? :D
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 3:51 pm

Lavabe, beating me in Scrabble does not warrent a scarf. You have to do something more unique than that.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 4:02 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Lavabe, beating me in Scrabble does not warrent a scarf. You have to do something more unique than that.
How about if I go to Madagascar, and discover a new species of lemur, and name it after you? ;)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 22nd, 2009, 4:30 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Lavabe, beating me in Scrabble does not warrent a scarf. You have to do something more unique than that.
How about if I go to Madagascar, and discover a new species of lemur, and name it after you? ;)
Done. The BD Lemur?
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 22nd, 2009, 5:53 pm

Bostondevil wrote:
Lavabe wrote:How about if I go to Madagascar, and discover a new species of lemur, and name it after you? ;)
Done. The BD Lemur?
Lemur bostondevilensis. Has a certain ring[tail] to it.
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » August 22nd, 2009, 6:27 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
Lavabe wrote:How about if I go to Madagascar, and discover a new species of lemur, and name it after you? ;)
Done. The BD Lemur?
=)) =)) =)) :-bd :-bd :-bd I like it!!!! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 22nd, 2009, 8:43 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
Done. The BD Lemur?
Should you be "crowned" for this?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 10:31 pm

May I play WARRENT in SCRABBLE?

Oh ... good news... SUBWAY has a SCRABBLE game promotion. *-:)
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 22nd, 2009, 10:40 pm

wilson wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:
Done. The BD Lemur?
Technically, I believe "devil" would be "satanus" in Latin taxonomy. Genus-wise, wilson is correct if he implies that the lemur is a ringtailed one, as the Genus of ringtailed lemurs IS Lemur. Most other "lemurs" use the genus "Eulemur."

Either way, after our last game, BD isn't doing a scarf for me anytime soon. :-q
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 24th, 2009, 6:56 pm

I got wilsoned yesterday. I was hanging in there for the first couple of rounds, then BOOM! A bingo for which the word just happened to go on a triple word score space. And make two other words in addition to the one played. :((
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 25th, 2009, 8:00 pm

Dear Lord, now my whole family has started playing scrabble on facebook! :D :lol:
Class of 2014
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 25th, 2009, 8:10 pm

I've been absolutely abusing Shammrog for about a week. I'm starting to feel bad about it. Now, if I could just transfer some of these letters to a game against Lav...he's really had my number for the last few. A tough out, that tall, primate-chasing friend of mine. Almost makes me want to recall the Waffle House schwag. ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 25th, 2009, 8:40 pm

wilson wrote:I've been absolutely abusing Shammrog for about a week. I'm starting to feel bad about it. Now, if I could just transfer some of these letters to a game against Lav...he's really had my number for the last few. A tough out, that tall, primate-chasing friend of mine. Almost makes me want to recall the Waffle House schwag. ;)
Seems as though Shamm has been losing a LOT lately then, as he has been losing at a fast clip with me during that same period. And yes, I feel bad about it too. He is also rapidly approaching Arkie rating level.
The one I would like to play is BOVid... oh wait!! I AM playing him. It's just that he hasn't moved in a long time. Guess he's slowed down with all the work he did for Cathy. He may also be getting over Mark Martin's failure to win at Bristol.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 25th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Don't worry too much about Shamm, he beat me.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 25th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Lavabe wrote:
wilson wrote:I've been absolutely abusing Shammrog for about a week. I'm starting to feel bad about it. Now, if I could just transfer some of these letters to a game against Lav...he's really had my number for the last few. A tough out, that tall, primate-chasing friend of mine. Almost makes me want to recall the Waffle House schwag. ;)
Seems as though Shamm has been losing a LOT lately then, as he has been losing at a fast clip with me during that same period. And yes, I feel bad about it too. He is also rapidly approaching Arkie rating level.
The one I would like to play is BOVid... oh wait!! I AM playing him. It's just that he hasn't moved in a long time. Guess he's slowed down with all the work he did for Cathy. He may also be getting over Mark Martin's failure to win at Bristol.
Today he installed a new faucet in the kitchen--with a sprayer hose so long that I could take a shower in the middle of the kitchen floor. And he also took off two cabinet doors so that my mom could investigate getting glass installed in them. Also, he rearranged boxes, went to the Dollar General for supplies and went to the Home Depot for more supplies. He's such a romantic guy. :ymblushing:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Lavabe wrote:
OUCH! b-(
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 26th, 2009, 3:33 am

Hey Arkie... No ouch intended. I apologize. Shamm is falling and you are rising, so the two of you should be near each other. I expect the two of you to be battling it out soon. And by the time that battle is settled, I expect to lose a lot to Wilson, thus lowering my score. He is going to exact a major revenge on me for this last game. Karma happens. I'll fall, and Shamm and you will be passing me.

Although I may know anatomy, Arkie has a better weapon... Chemistry. There are many more chemical bingoes out there than there are anatomy ones. The iTouch cpu taught me that.

Check out the Chat feature of Facebook Scrabble. Also, something really important... As the end game approaches, you can click the tilebag to find out how many letters are in the total set of tiles. You can count up what is on the board to determine what is in your opponent's rack. I lost a couple of Wilson and Shamm games because I didn't do that.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 26th, 2009, 3:40 am

Major question... I am still using Beta version of FB Scrabble. Is there now a newer version that I should be using? If so, what happens to all the personal stats? Where does one find it?
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » August 26th, 2009, 3:53 am

Thanks Cathy for The bones/bovid update. In that case, I won't nudge him (after a certain time limit, the program asks if you want to nudge your opponent).
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 26th, 2009, 7:44 am

Lavabe wrote:Hey Arkie... No ouch intended. I apologize. Shamm is falling and you are rising, so the two of you should be near each other. I expect the two of you to be battling it out soon. And by the time that battle is settled, I expect to lose a lot to Wilson, thus lowering my score. He is going to exact a major revenge on me for this last game. Karma happens. I'll fall, and Shamm and you will be passing me.

Although I may know anatomy, Arkie has a better weapon... Chemistry. There are many more chemical bingoes out there than there are anatomy ones. The iTouch cpu taught me that.

Check out the Chat feature of Facebook Scrabble. Also, something really important... As the end game approaches, you can click the tilebag to find out how many letters are in the total set of tiles. You can count up what is on the board to determine what is in your opponent's rack. I lost a couple of Wilson and Shamm games because I didn't do that.
No problem! Actually, my score is dropping. It was around 1200 after our first game. Now it's a smidge lower than that. And you just wilsoned me (bingo on a triple word score). Or maybe wilson Lavabed me? Who is the master of the triple word score bingo here? Or maybe I'm just too good at the assist.

I was trying to play a word in my game against wilson and accidentally swapped a letter and lost my turn. That's what I get for playing on the iPhone. The app was doing strange things last night. Maybe I need to sync my phone or something.
-- Albert Einstein