Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: The Political Junkie Thread

Post by Furniture » June 30th, 2022, 11:57 pm

The plot thickens..
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/3 ... s-00043638

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow,” read a slide that the Jan. 6 committee broadcast at the end of Hutchinson’s hearing, which Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) characterized as pressure on a key witness. “He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

Meadows is the person whose name was redacted in that slide. Contents of that final deposition were described to POLITICO, which could not independently corroborate the identity of the intermediary or that Meadows directed any message be delivered to Hutchinson before her second deposition.
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » July 1st, 2022, 8:51 am

Furniture wrote:
June 30th, 2022, 11:57 pm
The plot thickens..
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/3 ... s-00043638

“[A person] let me know you have your deposition tomorrow,” read a slide that the Jan. 6 committee broadcast at the end of Hutchinson’s hearing, which Vice Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) characterized as pressure on a key witness. “He wants me to let you know that he’s thinking about you. He knows you’re loyal, and you’re going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition.”

Meadows is the person whose name was redacted in that slide. Contents of that final deposition were described to POLITICO, which could not independently corroborate the identity of the intermediary or that Meadows directed any message be delivered to Hutchinson before her second deposition.
It is typical Trump/mafia BS. Find an idiot. Make them think you like them and that if they help you out you will do special things for them. Have them do something sketchy for you. The whole thing blows up. Act like you don't know the person and had no involvement in the sketchy activity. Throw them under the bus and ruin their life.

It is painfully obvious what is going on here. I am not a lawyer but I'm assuming that directly tying this to Meadows/Trump will not be easy.

Trump is an expert at going right to the edge without going over. It is almost a game for him. As dumb as he is in some ways, he is a master of language and saying things where it is 100% clear what he means but he can claim plausible deniability. And people keep lining up to help him with his shenanigans, thinking they are smarter than the previous people.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » July 1st, 2022, 8:52 am

There is audio after all ...Don’t get too excited though. It’s just a joke.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dww/status/1 ... 1474143235

You have to scroll down for the following tweet to get the audio...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 1st, 2022, 1:49 pm

Sanity prevails in South Carolina. For now.
After completing a courtroom-style hearing Thursday night, the South Carolina Republican Party's executive committee voted to overturn Joe Dill's protest of the District 17 Greenville County Council primary election result.

Joey Russo, the winner of that primary, will face environmental scientist Sheryl Guarniero, a Democrat, in the November general election.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sc-republica ... 33800.html

Dill, the sore loser who tried (successfully, albeit briefly) to get the results overturned, is still bitching and saying it's an illegal sham.
Sucks to be you, loser.

L-)
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
dudog

Post by dudog » July 1st, 2022, 7:47 pm

Something tells me these Secret Service guys disputing Hutchinson will never testify under oath.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnb7Kz

Amazing how one person (I won't call him a man) can de-legitimize so many previously respected institutions. The Supreme Court, the Secret Service...

Granted, he's had a lot of help from within those institutions.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » July 1st, 2022, 8:42 pm

dudog wrote:
July 1st, 2022, 7:47 pm
Something tells me these Secret Service guys disputing Hutchinson will never testify under oath.

Amazing how one person (I won't call him a man) can de-legitimize so many previously respected institutions. The Supreme Court, the Secret Service...

As powerful as that anecdote was, in hindsight, she really shouldn't have mentioned it. She was not there (which she made very clear, but now Republicans are claiming she lied), so she is not 100% sure of the circumstances. Odds are the story is true. But if they can poke a small hole in that one, then the brainwashed masses will assume everything she said was a lie. As I've said repeatedly, they don't have the ability to do the same thing for their fearless leader, ignoring his countless lies.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 1st, 2022, 9:55 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
July 1st, 2022, 8:42 pm
dudog wrote:

As powerful as that anecdote was, in hindsight, she really shouldn't have mentioned it. She was not there (which she made very clear, but now Republicans are claiming she lied), so she is not 100% sure of the circumstances. Odds are the story is true. But if they can poke a small hole in that one, then the brainwashed masses will assume everything she said was a lie. As I've said repeatedly, they don't have the ability to do the same thing for their fearless leader, ignoring his countless lies.
The problem with the testimony is not her recounting the story, it's of him saying that he never told her the story in the first place. Like I said, IF he testifies under oath as much, even though he's been branded by some as "a known liar", the rest of her testimony becomes overly suspect.
Of course all of this is in front of Congress, which while lying to those folks is a no-no, the penalty carries a lot more weight if the DOJ asks you to testify and you lie to them, too.
Obviously one is telling the truth, and one is lying, and I personally think that Hutchinson is the honest one.
dudog

Post by dudog » July 1st, 2022, 11:13 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
July 1st, 2022, 8:42 pm
dudog wrote:

I disagree. I think the committee is setting traps. They knew these cowards would go after the little lady (so fragile and naive), and I'm 99% sure they have other sworn witnesses either to the event or were told of it contemporaneously. Then if they're stupid enough to lie under oath, now that's leverage. It's why I think they'll harrumph to fox news but never testify.

Remember, Trump got Meadows to say his own book was a lie. Until it's under oath these guys will say anything. They've seen their boss get away with it for years.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 2nd, 2022, 11:12 am

It's inevitable, of course.
Republicans are bracing for Donald Trump to announce an unusually early bid for the White House, a move designed in part to shield the former president from a stream of damaging revelations emerging from investigations into his attempts to cling to power after losing the 2020 election.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-eyes-e ... 36416.html

~X(
Furniture

Post by Furniture » July 3rd, 2022, 9:36 am

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reido ... d_ms_tw_ma

You have to admit that it’s easy to see this happening.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Missouri’s junior Republican senator, Josh Hawley, hopes Republicans use right-wing laws — like abortion bans — to terrorize political opponents and accumulate more power.

Nonetheless, he said Republicans will be a shoo-in for future elections once — you know — Democrats are scared into liberal enclaves, where they’ll be disempowered by an Electoral College that has historically given conservative states outsize power.

“I would look for Republicans, as a result of this in time, to extend their strength in the Electoral College,” he said. “And that’s very good news for those of us who want to see Republican presidents elected, that want to see a Supreme Court that remains conservative.”
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » July 3rd, 2022, 11:20 am

Furniture wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 9:36 am
“I would look for Republicans, as a result of this in time, to extend their strength in the Electoral College,” he said. “And that’s very good news for those of us who want to see Republican presidents elected, that want to see a Supreme Court that remains conservative.”
Pushing the limits of the Senate, Electoral College, and gerrymandering in the name of accumulating power is a very risky business in the long term. This is still a country where people believe they have a voice and that one vote should be the same as any other vote. When that's not true for long enough, a civil war may well foment. Even Democrats can be pushed too far.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » July 4th, 2022, 12:57 pm

https://twitter.com/alexjholder/status/ ... liGpatCp9A

Try not to vomit when watching...

The President and the glass of water.....

In December 2020, days after the attorney general Bill Barr had said there was no widespread election fraud, Mr Holder ( Alex Holder who was making a behind-the-scenes film about the Trumps) sat down with Mr Trump in the White House. Mr Trump then spent one minute and 20 seconds moving a glass of water around, deciding whether to have it in the camera shot.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » July 4th, 2022, 12:58 pm

Phredd3 wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 11:20 am
Furniture wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 9:36 am
Pushing the limits of the Senate, Electoral College, and gerrymandering in the name of accumulating power is a very risky business in the long term. This is still a country where people believe they have a voice and that one vote should be the same as any other vote. When that's not true for long enough, a civil war may well foment. Even Democrats can be pushed too far.
I hope that you are right. Sort of one step back two steps forward...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2022, 1:57 pm

Furniture wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 12:57 pm
https://twitter.com/alexjholder/status/ ... liGpatCp9A

Try not to vomit when watching...

The President and the glass of water.....

In December 2020, days after the attorney general Bill Barr had said there was no widespread election fraud, Mr Holder ( Alex Holder who was making a behind-the-scenes film about the Trumps) sat down with Mr Trump in the White House. Mr Trump then spent one minute and 20 seconds moving a glass of water around, deciding whether to have it in the camera shot.
That's hilarious.
That documentary is gonna make ton$.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2022, 2:18 pm

Illinois Rep. Adam Kinzinger, the other Republican serving on the January 6 committee besides Cheney, told CNN's Dana Bash on Sunday that Cassidy's testimony had "been inspiring for a lot of people," and that more witnesses have come forward since her explosive revelations last week, adding, "There will be way more information -- and stay tuned," without elaborating further.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/politics ... index.html

:-? :-?
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » July 4th, 2022, 2:40 pm

A mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade. JFC.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 4th, 2022, 4:05 pm

OPK wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 2:40 pm
A mass shooting at a Fourth of July parade. JFC.
:( X(
OPK

Post by OPK » July 4th, 2022, 4:40 pm

Jesus.

https://twitter.com/siientrunning/statu ... sfiikLovxw

This is seriously fucked yup.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » July 4th, 2022, 5:22 pm

OPK wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 4:40 pm
Jesus.

Not that it matters, but for those unfamiliar with Chicago, this is a wealthy suburb - it is where Michael Jordan lived and where Cameron's house in Ferris Bueller was. I really hope they find this clown and make them suffer.

I really don't see why these gun people cannot give up these guns that can spray bullets like this. There is no good reason why anyone needs one of those types of guns. The gun people claim they compromised on the recent legislation but they didn't really. Giving up these types of weapons is an easy give for them, but they just won't do it. These people act all tough and say they need it for defense but if someone attacked them they would be soiling themselves and huddled in a ball crying (which is probably what I would be doing) before they could be the tough guys they think they are and get their weapon out. This is not what the people who wrote the constitution wanted.

This has been a crappy 4th of July regardless after the major steps backwards our nation has taken in the past few weeks. And this just made it worse. I got a great picture this afternoon of my 8 year old son with the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in the background and all I could think was "is this the shithole country I am going to leave for my child?"
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » July 4th, 2022, 7:29 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 5:22 pm
OPK wrote:
July 4th, 2022, 4:40 pm
Jesus.

Not that it matters, but for those unfamiliar with Chicago, this is a wealthy suburb - it is where Michael Jordan lived and where Cameron's house in Ferris Bueller was. I really hope they find this clown and make them suffer.

I really don't see why these gun people cannot give up these guns that can spray bullets like this. There is no good reason why anyone needs one of those types of guns. The gun people claim they compromised on the recent legislation but they didn't really. Giving up these types of weapons is an easy give for them, but they just won't do it. These people act all tough and say they need it for defense but if someone attacked them they would be soiling themselves and huddled in a ball crying (which is probably what I would be doing) before they could be the tough guys they think they are and get their weapon out. This is not what the people who wrote the constitution wanted.

This has been a crappy 4th of July regardless after the major steps backwards our nation has taken in the past few weeks. And this just made it worse. I got a great picture this afternoon of my 8 year old son with the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in the background and all I could think was "is this the shithole country I am going to leave for my child?"
Following on my own post, just found out that a very good friend who lives nowhere near Chicago was visiting family and was at the parade with his elementary school-aged child and other members of his family. Fortunately they are fine but I'm sure the kid (and adults) are totally freaked out. So now it got even more personal.