Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 22nd, 2020, 8:42 am

Furniture wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 12:12 am
I have no words...
https://mobile.twitter.com/MattBinder/s ... 0021610499
That looks like it was a rager. Hopefully someone was contact tracing that party. For a little bit of NY geography, Whitestone is a small area in Queens that is basically in between AOC's district and the area where Trump grew up.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » December 22nd, 2020, 10:58 am

OPK wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 7:29 am
Pretty sure I can’t post this OY:

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1 ... 75648?s=21
You should do it...
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 22nd, 2020, 11:08 am

OPK wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 7:29 am
Pretty sure I can’t post this OY:

https://twitter.com/rexchapman/status/1 ... 75648?s=21
She fucking blew up a Starbucks, dude! She blew up a Starbucks!
=)) =))
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm

I attest under oath and on this here Bible that I'm full of shit!
True to form, on Friday a pro-Trump lawyer named L. Lin Wood, who spearheaded attempts to overturn Georgia’s president election results, lodged a new suit on similar lines, signing off his complaint that it he made his claims under “plenty of perjury,” rather penalty of perjury.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/plenty-perju ... 14646.html

=)) =))
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 22nd, 2020, 2:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 1:51 pm
I attest under oath and on this here Bible that I'm full of shit!
True to form, on Friday a pro-Trump lawyer named L. Lin Wood, who spearheaded attempts to overturn Georgia’s president election results, lodged a new suit on similar lines, signing off his complaint that it he made his claims under “plenty of perjury,” rather penalty of perjury.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/plenty-perju ... 14646.html

=)) =))
That's the first truthful thing he's said!
dudog

Post by dudog » December 22nd, 2020, 11:54 pm

And here come the pardons.

What a bastard.

There better be a God.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 23rd, 2020, 12:14 am

dudog wrote:
December 22nd, 2020, 11:54 pm
And here come the pardons.

What a bastard.

There better be a God.
Looks like he isn’t eve going to justify them except to announce who is requesting the pardon.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-st ... cy-122220/
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 23rd, 2020, 7:31 am

A Facebook friend just posted that Trump has been the best president in our country’s history, and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t really studied history. I scrolled past it and didn’t respond, as much as I wanted to.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » December 23rd, 2020, 7:35 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 7:31 am
A Facebook friend just posted that Trump has been the best president in our country’s history, and anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t really studied history. I scrolled past it and didn’t respond, as much as I wanted to.
I found that you can “sleep” friends for 30 days if you hit the little dots on the top right of their post and select that option. You wan’t see their posts for a month. I’ve done that a lot since November, it’s helped my psyche without having to disown friends over politics.
OPK

Post by OPK » December 23rd, 2020, 7:36 am

OPK wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 7:35 am
ArkieDukie wrote:
I found that you can “sleep” friends for 30 days if you hit the little dots on the top right of their post and select that option. You won’t see their posts for a month. I’ve done that a lot since November, it’s helped my psyche without having to disown friends over politics.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 23rd, 2020, 9:06 am

OPK wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 7:36 am
OPK wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I found that you can “sleep” friends for 30 days if you hit the little dots on the top right of their post and select that option. You won’t see their posts for a month. I’ve done that a lot since November, it’s helped my psyche without having to disown friends over politics.
Dunno. I like the unfriend button myself and these former friends don’t say a word after you have done it. It’s wonderful.

I met a former neighbor I haven’t seen for a long time yesterday. Everything was fine with our quick chat until she said “somebody should preparing a big bill for China”. A quick nod of the head from me and I was out of there like a rat out of a drain pipe.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 23rd, 2020, 9:11 am

OPK wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I found that you can “sleep” friends for 30 days if you hit the little dots on the top right of their post and select that option. You wan’t see their posts for a month. I’ve done that a lot since November, it’s helped my psyche without having to disown friends over politics.
I've got a few folks that I've set to sleep longer than Rip Van Winkle.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 23rd, 2020, 9:19 am

OPK wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
You can set a preference so that you permanently stay friends with someone on FB but they don't show up in your news feed. So you can search them and still see their page, but you don't actively see what they are doing. I find that that works well for a lot of my friends. Between my cousins who are posting 20 jokes a day and my super Republican acquaintance from Duke who is constantly posting nastiness and lies about politics, it is the ideal solution. When I am a glutton for punishment, I type his name into the search bar and see what he is saying, just so I am keeping track of what the other half is doing, but it stresses me out so I don't need to be doing it on a regular basis.

I have very few pro-Trump friends, but most of them live in fairly blue areas so have been keeping pretty quiet on Facebook since well before the election.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 23rd, 2020, 10:13 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 9:19 am
OPK wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
You can set a preference so that you permanently stay friends with someone on FB but they don't show up in your news feed. So you can search them and still see their page, but you don't actively see what they are doing. I find that that works well for a lot of my friends. Between my cousins who are posting 20 jokes a day and my super Republican acquaintance from Duke who is constantly posting nastiness and lies about politics, it is the ideal solution. When I am a glutton for punishment, I type his name into the search bar and see what he is saying, just so I am keeping track of what the other half is doing, but it stresses me out so I don't need to be doing it on a regular basis.

I have very few pro-Trump friends, but most of them live in fairly blue areas so have been keeping pretty quiet on Facebook since well before the election.
Don't forget people that post pictures of what they're eating every day. I too am big on the "un-follow" button.

Y'know, there are certain people in the world where everything they touch turns to shit. Unbelievable that one was elected leader of the greatest country on Earth. (BTW, we're only greatest because all the others have bigger problems of their own...but if Trumpism stays with us, that will not be the case for very long)
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » December 23rd, 2020, 10:18 am

In his speech yesterday whining about the stimulus package and how $600 isn't enough (despite never joining in the debate while congress discussed), Trump again took the time to talk about how the election was stolen from him. He even went so far as to surmise that the "next administration" might be him.
His antics are moving quickly from humorous into scary territory.
dudog

Post by dudog » December 23rd, 2020, 11:15 am

Voter turnout rate by state in 2020:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/118 ... ate-state/

What do I find interesting about this bar graph?

The top 10 states are all blue.

The bottom 10 are red (save Hawai'i and New Mexico).

Trump's support is very shallow. That goes for the gene pool also.
Furniture

Post by Furniture » December 23rd, 2020, 11:25 am

dudog wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 11:15 am

If I am a dem strategist I have to be thinking of how I can get more Dems out to vote in those bottom feeder states. Texas for one.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » December 23rd, 2020, 11:59 am

dudog wrote:
December 23rd, 2020, 11:15 am

The problem is that the Republican reaction to this is that they tend to win the states with the least turnout so therefore it is in their best interest to limit turnout. So the issue of encouraging people to vote (which should be a no brainer, non-partisan issue that everyone supports) becomes further politicized.

I am finding it interesting that very, very, gradually, the Republicans are getting to the point of "would Trump just shut up already about being cheated out of the election." I can't believe that anyone is finding his behavior to be the slightest bit surprising - it is exactly who is he and is incredibly predictable. Yet these people were all OK voting for this man who is clearly not mentally well. Not to set the bar too low, but I would vote for someone who seems to be mentally well but largely disagrees with me politically over a crazy person who agrees with me (granted, I think anyone who disagrees with me is crazy so this would never be an issue! :))
gumbomoop
PWing as a hobby
PWing as a hobby

Post by gumbomoop » December 23rd, 2020, 7:19 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
I will be surprised if a panel of prominent historians doesn’t publish in 2021 another of its occasional ratings of all the Presidents. I think Trump will be ranked dead last, and that the analysis will credit him with a couple of things, but conclude that despite any and all accomplishments, he’s easily the worst President. They will go into detail as to his incompetence and treachery across multiple fronts.

Now Trump nutters, those actually suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome, will claim, “That’s a bunch of liberal professors!” Thus ignoring actual conservative Presidents — of which Trump is not one — rated toward the top of the list by these commie profs.

Willful ignorance is dangerously stupid. More dangerous to the survival of our constitutional democratic republic than I imagined just a few years ago.