Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2009, 11:14 am

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote::-o Han Solo has been frozen in carbonite! I hope he's OK.
Of course he is, he knows Leia loves him. :ymhug:
I thought it was she that knew that he loved her? Now I'm confused. I haven't seen ESB in a while. Did she tell him that right before he got frozed or something?

May the force be with you.
Or the dark side at least.
%%-
In ESB, she said he loves him before he goes on ice, he responds he knows. (He ad libbed that line by the way). In ROTJ, when she frees him from his freeze, he says he loves her, and she says she knows.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukeUsul
PWing School Assistant Professor
PWing School Assistant Professor

Post by DukeUsul » August 12th, 2009, 11:25 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote: In ESB, she said he loves him before he goes on ice, he responds he knows. (He ad libbed that line by the way). In ROTJ, when she frees him from his freeze, he says he loves her, and she says she knows.
Actually doesn't the payback line occur when they're outside the bunker and she takes a pistol out to shoot the Imperials who sneak up on them?
-- DukeUsul
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » August 12th, 2009, 11:29 am

DukeUsul wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: In ESB, she said he loves him before he goes on ice, he responds he knows. (He ad libbed that line by the way). In ROTJ, when she frees him from his freeze, he says he loves her, and she says she knows.
Actually doesn't the payback line occur when they're outside the bunker and she takes a pistol out to shoot the Imperials who sneak up on them?
DukeUsul is right. When I saw it in the theater way back when, all the females in the audience cheered at that line.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 12th, 2009, 1:13 pm

bjornolf wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote::-o Han Solo has been frozen in carbonite! I hope he's OK.
Of course he is, he knows Leia loves him. :ymhug:
I thought it was she that knew that he loved her? Now I'm confused. I haven't seen ESB in a while. Did she tell him that right before he got frozed or something?

May the force be with you.
Or the dark side at least.
%%-
Yes...right before Han is frozen in carbonite, Leia tells him, "I love you," to which he responds, "I know."
Then, during the Battle of Endor in 'Return of the Jedi,' they find themselves cornered against the imperial bunker by stormtroopers. Han, with his back to the troops, sees Leia flash him the hidden blaster she has, which prompts an "I love you" from him. Leia then wryly responds, "I know."
:-B :-B :-B :-B :-B
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 12th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Oops...it seems I responded in haste.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 12th, 2009, 1:23 pm

DukeUsul wrote:
Ahh yes, you are right!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » August 12th, 2009, 3:02 pm

BD's new running goals (to be accomplished whenever but I'd like to do all of them by April 19th, 2010):

1) A sub 8-minute mile

2) A sub 30 minute 5K

3) A 1:10:00 or less 10K

Last night ran a 5K in 32 minutes, so, we're getting there.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 3:42 pm

Bostondevil wrote:BD's new running goals (to be accomplished whenever but I'd like to do all of them by April 19th, 2010):

1) A sub 8-minute mile

2) A sub 30 minute 5K

3) A 1:10:00 or less 10K

Last night ran a 5K in 32 minutes, so, we're getting there.
BD, BD, she's our gal, she can do it cuz we're her pals.

Goooooooooooooo, Bostondevil!
cheerleader-smile.gif
cheerleader-smile.gif (5.37 KiB) Viewed 262 times
I worship the Blue Devil!
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 12th, 2009, 3:51 pm

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... hp?t=16722
I see I'm not the only one kinda' shocked by this topic, over yonder.
Are they gettin' loose?
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 12th, 2009, 3:59 pm

captmojo wrote:http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... hp?t=16722
Are they gettin' loose?
A mod posted it initially, so I suppose by the standards over yonder, it's okay.

Had a non-mod posted it, I'm certain that it would have gone "poof" quite quickly. I saw 2 words in it that wouldn't have passed the filters on DBR, but because they're contained in a graphic, they survived.

And, as an aside, we once had an employee who told us that she was out sick. Her boyfriend was a Facebook friend of another of our employees who was covering for said sick employee. The overworked employee noticed that "sick" employee's boyfriend posted on his Facebook status that he and his (allegedly sick) girlfriend were enjoying an afternoon of house hunting. Overworked employee brought that Facebook status report to the attention of management. You can guess what ensued. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 4:08 pm

CathyCA wrote:
captmojo wrote:http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/for ... hp?t=16722
Are they gettin' loose?
A mod posted it initially, so I suppose by the standards over yonder, it's okay.

Had a non-mod posted it, I'm certain that it would have gone "poof" quite quickly. I saw 2 words in it that wouldn't have passed the filters on DBR, but because they're contained in a graphic, they survived.

And, as an aside, we once had an employee who told us that she was out sick. Her boyfriend was a Facebook friend of another of our employees who was covering for said sick employee. The overworked employee noticed that "sick" employee's boyfriend posted on his Facebook status that he and his (allegedly sick) girlfriend were enjoying an afternoon of house hunting. Overworked employee brought that Facebook status report to the attention of management. You can guess what ensued. . .
Guess the "overworked" employee wasn't too overworked if they were checking out Facebook.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 4:48 pm

TillyGalore wrote: Guess the "overworked" employee wasn't too overworked if they were checking out Facebook.
Seriously, that's brutal. Turning in a fellow employee, even one that's playing hookie, is just a tattle tale move. I mean, I guess it doesn't bother me to much, but that's the kind of behavior that gets you black balled by your peers.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 5:00 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I figured you'd appreciate my comment. ;) ;) ;)
I did. I thought it was hilarious. Actually, I was laughing about your comment to me from before in this very thread about you saying that I had so many more posts than you despite the fact that I joined five days after you. (I think I had like 400 more posts than you at that point.)

I was poking around on DBR wondering where I ranked over there just for giggles. My join date was 03.07.2007 and I have 1371 posts currently (making me Mike Dunleavy). I'm ranked somewhere in the low 40s. My last post was this morning. You joined twelve days after me, 03.19.2007, and have 2589 posts and yet you haven't even posted since early April. So, in approximately five fewer months of posting, you have OVER 1200 more posts than I. As you once said to me,

Image meet Image ;)

BTW, Tilly, did my post over on your Scurbs thread help at all? I hope so.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Hey, DinK, didn't you say your niece was on that new Colin Cowherd show on ESPN2? He just threw her under the bus, showing a clip of her playing "air drums" getting ready for the show. She really got into it too. She was rocking out! \m/ I thought it was cute, myself, but she was rather embarrassed.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 5:25 pm

bjornolf wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I figured you'd appreciate my comment. ;) ;) ;)
I did. I thought it was hilarious. Actually, I was laughing about your comment to me from before in this very thread about you saying that I had so many more posts than you despite the fact that I joined five days after you. (I think I had like 400 more posts than you at that point.)

I was poking around on DBR wondering where I ranked over there just for giggles. My join date was 03.07.2007 and I have 1371 posts currently (making me Mike Dunleavy). I'm ranked somewhere in the low 40s. My last post was this morning. You joined twelve days after me, 03.19.2007, and have 2589 posts and yet you haven't even posted since early April. So, in approximately five fewer months of posting, you have OVER 1200 more posts than I. As you once said to me,

Image meet Image ;)

BTW, Tilly, did my post over on your Scurbs thread help at all? I hope so.

%%-
Bite me!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 5:31 pm

TillyGalore wrote: Bite me!
:D Gladly. Really though, I'm just playin' wi' ya.

But on a more serious note, I spent half an hour researching Scrubs on that other thread for you. Did it have what you needed?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 5:32 pm

bjornolf wrote:

But on a more serious note, I spent half an hour researching Scrubs on that other thread for you. Did it have what you needed?

%%-

Wow, half an hour? Major, huge thank yous!!!!

Umm, can I start asking you to research things that I don't have time to research? ;) ;)
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 12th, 2009, 5:37 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
Umm, can I start asking you to research things that I don't have time to research? ;) ;)

If you're gonna pay for the research services, I can be hired.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 12th, 2009, 5:41 pm

TillyGalore wrote:
bjornolf wrote:

%%-

Wow, half an hour? Major, huge thank yous!!!!

Umm, yea, if it interests me. Why do you think I spend so much time finding smilies for people? I think those little guys are just hysterical. I spend a LOT of time researching things for my posts for this website. My list of Tom Cruise movies and John Hughes movies, for example. I wasn't just able to come up with those on my own. I could have come up with a couple, but not all those. I went and found them. My list of Bill Paxton roles over on DBR? 90% researched. I would guess I spend about two hours a day just researching topics for this website and DBR to try to get my posts as "factual" as possible. I don't just re-read them three or four times before posting them. I go out and find articles to link and lists to site to make sure I get quotes as close as possible, lyrics from songs correct, names of songs and bands correct, all that stuff. I have a HORRIBLE memory for that stuff, but I'm a freakin' Google king. My entire career at the USPTO was basically an internet research post, so I'm pretty good with it. My wife, who's been at the USPTO for ten years now, can eat me alive at it, but I do okay. And I don't just trust Wikipedia, either. They're okay for a lot of stuff and some initial info, but they're only about 80% accurate, so I use that as a jumping off point to look for other sources.

So, anyway, yea, if you're looking for something that interests me or you ask REAL nice, I'll do my best. ;)

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 12th, 2009, 5:49 pm

I vote we create an emoticon thread and sticky the thread. And, I nominate bjornolf to find emoticons people mention that aren't available here, and post them in that thread. (be careful what you ask for ;) )