coincidence or a sign?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: coincidence or a sign?

Post by devildeac » August 6th, 2009, 11:14 pm

AND buy her a good beer. A REALLY good beer... ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Miles wrote:
knights68 wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Don't call and use the experience to write a play about missed connections.
If it were truly important to either of you, you two would have kept in touch moreso than a random mass texting notifying all that somebody changed their number. Coincidence more than a sign in my mind.
Over ten years ago I met Kelly. She was a client of mine when I was a consultant. We went out after work once, had a few pints at my favorite pub, I introduced her to Guinness with a Vodka Gimlet on the side. We had a great time together and even though she had a boyfriend I still had a major crush on her. Months later, I move to Greenville, SC to start a company and she and douchebag move to Greenville. We lose touch with each other. We don't communicate for nearly ten years.

Fast forward.

Late last winter I find her on Facebook, among many other friends still in Charlotte that I look forward to seeing again after so much time apart. We exchange a few messages, make tentative plans for Christmas that eventually through. Early this year, while I'm still in California, she has back surgery and whilst laid up resting, she gets to emailing me again. We reconnect, big time. I fly home to a month before I move back, we have dinner and hit it off bit time. The last month in California all I can think about is getting back to her; to share the same space with her, see the things she sees, hear the things she hears.

Kelly has been the biggest surprise in my life. It took ten years, but here we are. In my opinion, it's not about importance, it's about timing. And I got damn lucky.
Miles, what a great story!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 6th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Oh, and I side with the unanimous opinion that you should call her if you haven't already.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 7th, 2009, 12:20 am

Miles wrote: Over ten years ago I met Kelly. She was a client of mine when I was a consultant. We went out after work once, had a few pints at my favorite pub, I introduced her to Guinness with a Vodka Gimlet on the side. We had a great time together and even though she had a boyfriend I still had a major crush on her. Months later, I move to Greenville, SC to start a company and she and douchebag move to Greenville. We lose touch with each other. We don't communicate for nearly ten years.

Fast forward.

Late last winter I find her on Facebook, among many other friends still in Charlotte that I look forward to seeing again after so much time apart. We exchange a few messages, make tentative plans for Christmas that eventually through. Early this year, while I'm still in California, she has back surgery and whilst laid up resting, she gets to emailing me again. We reconnect, big time. I fly home to a month before I move back, we have dinner and hit it off bit time. The last month in California all I can think about is getting back to her; to share the same space with her, see the things she sees, hear the things she hears.

Kelly has been the biggest surprise in my life. It took ten years, but here we are. In my opinion, it's not about importance, it's about timing. And I got damn lucky.
AAAwwwwwWWWWW!!!! :ymhug: :ymhug:

What a great story, Miles! I can see how that would add major impetus to speeding back to NC!

Soooo, RMD - how was the conversation? ;) :-c
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 12:23 am

DevilAlumna wrote: What a great story, Miles! I can see how that would add major impetus to speeding back to NC!
Incidentally, when are you coming to Atlanta to hang out for a (long) weekend?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 7th, 2009, 12:43 am

Have you called her yet?

Inquiring minds want to know. . .
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 12:44 am

CathyCA wrote:Have you called her yet?

Heh, rmd will rue the day he solicited this kind of advice around here. You folks do not give up. :ymhug:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 7th, 2009, 6:40 am

wilson wrote:

Heh, rmd will rue the day he solicited this kind of advice around here. You folks do not give up. :ymhug:
Soon they will be demanding pictures of her in a bikini
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 7th, 2009, 6:47 am

wilson wrote:

Or, we'll call his mother to get his cell phone number and call him for updates. ;) ;)
I worship the Blue Devil!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 7:34 am

windsor wrote: Soon they will be demanding pictures of her in a bikini
TillyGalore wrote: Or, we'll call his mother to get his cell phone number and call him for updates. ;) ;)
:)) :)) :))
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 7th, 2009, 7:35 am

wilson wrote:
TillyGalore wrote: Or, we'll call his mother to get his cell phone number and call him for updates. ;) ;)
You think she's joking?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » August 7th, 2009, 8:15 am

bjornolf wrote:
wilson wrote:
You think she's joking?

%%-
I know, from experience, that she's not joking. That's why I'm laughing so hard.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 8:54 am

Miles wrote: Over ten years ago I met Kelly. She was a client of mine when I was a consultant. We went out after work once, had a few pints at my favorite pub, I introduced her to Guinness with a Vodka Gimlet on the side. We had a great time together and even though she had a boyfriend I still had a major crush on her. Months later, I move to Greenville, SC to start a company and she and douchebag move to Greenville. We lose touch with each other. We don't communicate for nearly ten years.

Fast forward.

Umm, forgive me, but is she still with the above-mentioned db? Just asking.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 7th, 2009, 9:37 am

windsor wrote:
wilson wrote:

Soon they will be demanding pictures of her in a bikini
Hey! Now there's an idea! =)) =)) =)) =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2009, 12:19 pm

Lavabe wrote:Umm, forgive me, but is she still with the above-mentioned db? Just asking.
Nope. She's with me. :-)
sMiles
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 7th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Miles wrote:
Lavabe wrote:Umm, forgive me, but is she still with the above-mentioned db? Just asking.
Nope. She's with me. :-)
EXCELLENT!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 7th, 2009, 8:25 pm

wilson wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote: What a great story, Miles! I can see how that would add major impetus to speeding back to NC!
Incidentally, when are you coming to Atlanta to hang out for a (long) weekend?
I'm actually here with a friend helping a buddy tile his bathroom. I was gonna try to scare up the Atlanta Mafia but my schedule is just too cramped; we leave early Sunday so I can make it back to Charlotte for dad's birthday. Kelly and I are coming back in October to see Sunny Day Real Estate.
sMiles
rockymtn devil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by rockymtn devil » August 12th, 2009, 10:21 pm

Sorry folks, I've been MIA...

I waited about two days and called. She thought the timing was perfect because she was just going to call me (not that minute, but soon) to tell me that she had gotten a job that I sent her way a while back. I was out of town last weekend and have work stuff all this weekend, but we're planning on getting together next for dinner.

If it heats, I'll update :D

...and the stories in this thread were great!
:ymbilly: vs. :ymhiro: Ken vs. Ryu. Classic.
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » August 12th, 2009, 11:20 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:Sorry folks, I've been MIA...

I waited about two days and called. She thought the timing was perfect because she was just going to call me (not that minute, but soon) to tell me that she had gotten a job that I sent her way a while back. I was out of town last weekend and have work stuff all this weekend, but we're planning on getting together next for dinner.

:-bd :-bd :-bd Awesome! :D
What would you do without your wonderful online friends... :D
Class of 2014
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » August 13th, 2009, 6:27 am

rockymtn devil wrote:Sorry folks, I've been MIA...

Yay!!!! Have fun a dinner.
I worship the Blue Devil!