LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » November 24th, 2015, 10:44 am

Healing vibes to Jester.

Congrats on the workout, Windsor. :D
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 24th, 2015, 1:14 pm

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:I have yet to find something that schnauzer pups can't eat around and leave the pill hiding somewhere for you to find later! Have come to the conclusion pushing the pill down the throat with my finger followed by that delicious treat gets the meds into the tummy where it belongs! :D

That's why I use chunky peanut butter. In extreme cases (check with vet) you can BREAK up the pill to make it harder to dig out of the peanut butter
Our granddoggie Corgi figured out how not to eat a pill hidden in food, either dog food or peanut butter but our 100 pound granddoggie yellow Lab is too hungry to care and will eat/lick just about anything off a tablespoon, especially peanut butter and she doesn't much care creamy or chunky, brand name or store brand.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » November 24th, 2015, 5:56 pm

windsor wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:I have yet to find something that schnauzer pups can't eat around and leave the pill hiding somewhere for you to find later! Have come to the conclusion pushing the pill down the throat with my finger followed by that delicious treat gets the meds into the tummy where it belongs! :D

That's why I use chunky peanut butter. In extreme cases (check with vet) you can BREAK up the pill to make it harder to dig out of the peanut butter
Sugar free peanut butter is deadly for dogs. No reversal. I'm assuming anything sugar free is not good. This is from the vet on The Doctors Show.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » November 25th, 2015, 8:57 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
windsor wrote:

Sugar free peanut butter is deadly for dogs. No reversal. I'm assuming anything sugar free is not good. This is from the vet on The Doctors Show.
100% Correct - I try to buy natural for my dogs and run from low fat or sugar free anything.

It is the artificial sweetener xylitol that is the issue - found in some peanut butter products.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 25th, 2015, 9:47 pm

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 26th, 2015, 8:31 am

Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » November 26th, 2015, 9:34 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
You too!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » November 26th, 2015, 9:34 am

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You too :)
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 27th, 2015, 5:46 am

DukePA wrote:
DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:Have a blessed Thanksgiving Day to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You too :)
Thank you!!! I need! I hope you did also!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 27th, 2015, 5:48 am

How 'bt those "CAROLINA PANTHERS" ?

11-0 Baby!!!!!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 27th, 2015, 4:54 pm

The Christmas tree is bought, and standing in its room in its stand. Decorating begins tonight and finishes at some point prior to December 25. :9f:

(*) :occasion-xmas: :occasion-partyblower: :occasion-santa:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 30th, 2015, 2:24 pm

Funny kid in church story:

The lady who sits next to me in choir has an absolutely adorable 3 year old grandson named Steel. Steel was singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." When he got to the line, "With angelic hosts proclaim," he belted out, "With the JELLY TOASTS proclaim."
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » November 30th, 2015, 5:16 pm

Anyone going to the bowl game? If it is in Shreveport, I'll strongly have to consider it. Shreveport is actually a shorter drive than the one I took to El Paso for the Sun Bowl.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 30th, 2015, 5:33 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Anyone going to the bowl game? If it is in Shreveport, I'll strongly have to consider it. Shreveport is actually a shorter drive than the one I took to El Paso for the Sun Bowl.
We have signed up for Charlotte, Shreveport, Nashville, Orlando and DC. I'm hoping for Orlando, Nashville is the second choice, but more likely we'll get DC. Not going back to NYC a third time in 5 weeks for the Pinstripe Bowl. :duke: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2015, 7:47 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Anyone going to the bowl game? If it is in Shreveport, I'll strongly have to consider it. Shreveport is actually a shorter drive than the one I took to El Paso for the Sun Bowl.
We have signed up for Charlotte, Shreveport, Nashville, Orlando and DC. I'm hoping for Orlando, Nashville is the second choice, but more likely we'll get DC. Not going back to NYC a third time in 5 weeks for the Pinstripe Bowl. :duke: :9f:
Hmmm ... Shreveport is a reasonable distance for me as well. Will have to see how things go.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » December 1st, 2015, 7:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Funny kid in church story:

The lady who sits next to me in choir has an absolutely adorable 3 year old grandson named Steel. Steel was singing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing." When he got to the line, "With angelic hosts proclaim," he belted out, "With the JELLY TOASTS proclaim."
Classic! I love it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » December 2nd, 2015, 12:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Funny kid in church story:

Precious!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » December 3rd, 2015, 5:39 am

Did you have jelly toast afterwards in his honor?
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » December 3rd, 2015, 7:10 am

AD! What's doing on the job front?
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » December 3rd, 2015, 5:10 pm

We should all learn something new every day.

Today I learned that, should I decide to commit an armed robbery, before I jump into the backseat of the getaway car to speed off, I should check to make sure the child safety locks are off, or when my co-defendants bail I will be stuck in the car.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.