Duke vs Pitt, 12:00 noon

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Duke vs Pitt, 12:00 noon

Post by Bob Green » November 8th, 2015, 7:26 am

Time to move on. Kick-off is 12:00 noon next Saturday against the Pitt Panthers.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke vs Pitt, 12:00 noon

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 8th, 2015, 10:53 am

Yup, let's win this one, and work towards finishing with an 8 win regular season. Forecast calls for clear and 60 on Saturday.

:duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 8th, 2015, 12:43 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yup, let's win this one, and work towards finishing with an 8 win regular season. Forecast calls for clear and 60 on Saturday.

Is that 60 the temperature or the # of points Pitt is expected to score?

:|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 8th, 2015, 5:40 pm

The betting line opens in Vegas with Duke a four (4) point favorite.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 11th, 2015, 9:08 am

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Yup, let's win this one, and work towards finishing with an 8 win regular season. Forecast calls for clear and 60 on Saturday.

Is that 60 the temperature or the # of points Pitt is expected to score?

:|
Oh my, I hope 60 is the temperature for the day! And not the points for Pitt to put on the board.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 12th, 2015, 3:52 pm

The injury list is ugly with Thomas Sirk being listed as Questionable and Shaun Wilson Out. Deondre Singleton is Probable so that is good news. I hope Parker Boehme is ready to go.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 12th, 2015, 4:17 pm

Bob Green wrote:The injury list is ugly with Thomas Sirk being listed as Questionable and Shaun Wilson Out. Deondre Singleton is Probable so that is good news. I hope Parker Boehme is ready to go.
I have no clue what happened to Sirk and don't recall any of unc's typical cheap and/or after the whistle shots. Maybe it's PTSD.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 12th, 2015, 5:44 pm

Game preview:

http://bluedevilnation.net/2015/11/game ... ittsburgh/

I threw this one together rather quickly, which means it is probably better than the articles I spend a lot of time on.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 12th, 2015, 5:45 pm

devildeac wrote:Maybe it's PTSD.
It's possible. I was certainly shell shocked after last season's Thursday Night debacle. This year I was mentally prepared for the beatdown.
wolfpackdevil
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by wolfpackdevil » November 12th, 2015, 10:27 pm

I am very excited to see how this team responds on Saturday afternoon. The truth is, this has been a VERY good season so far. There is only one bad loss on our schedule to date, and that is the Miami debacle that wasn't really a loss. Northwestern is a damn good team that will most likely finish ranked. As much as I hate saying it, North Carolina is a great team and will most likely play for an ACC Championship. That game was not a fluke, their offense is that good and would probably score 50 on us if we played them again.

This Duke team still has a great chance of finishing the regular season 9-3 (6-2), and be placed in a great bowl game to finish the season. That would be a huge success for what is "supposed" to be a transition year for this program.

I really like how our defense matches up against Pitt's offense. Pitt will try and run the ball a good amount, and our defense has been very good against power run teams all year. I hope Cash and Norman can have big games on their senior day's and get this defensive unit back on track.

If Sirk cannot go, expect to see a heavy dose of Jela Duncan and Shaq Powell. Knowing how tough Sirk has been, I am expecting to see him on the field Saturday. If our team comes to play with energy and motivation like they did against Georgia Tech back in September, we should have a great chance to win. I am very excited to be back in Wallace-Wade and shake off the terrors of Halloween night.

Duke 24
Pitt 20

GO DUKE!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 12th, 2015, 10:45 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote:I am very excited to see how this team responds on Saturday afternoon. The truth is, this has been a VERY good season so far. There is only one bad loss on our schedule to date, and that is the Miami debacle that wasn't really a loss. Northwestern is a damn good team that will most likely finish ranked. As much as I hate saying it, North Carolina is a great team and will most likely play for an ACC Championship. That game was not a fluke, their offense is that good and would probably score 50 on us if we played them again.

This Duke team still has a great chance of finishing the regular season 9-3 (6-2), and be placed in a great bowl game to finish the season. That would be a huge success for what is "supposed" to be a transition year for this program.

I really like how our defense matches up against Pitt's offense. Pitt will try and run the ball a good amount, and our defense has been very good against power run teams all year. I hope Cash and Norman can have big games on their senior day's and get this defensive unit back on track.

If Sirk cannot go, expect to see a heavy dose of Jela Duncan and Shaq Powell. Knowing how tough Sirk has been, I am expecting to see him on the field Saturday. If our team comes to play with energy and motivation like they did against Georgia Tech back in September, we should have a great chance to win. I am very excited to be back in Wallace-Wade and shake off the terrors of Halloween night.

Duke 24
Pitt 20

GO DUKE!
What score are you predicting for the 2nd half?

:D
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 13th, 2015, 4:01 pm

wolfpackdevil wrote:
If Sirk cannot go, expect to see a heavy dose of Jela Duncan and Shaq Powell. Knowing how tough Sirk has been, I am expecting to see him on the field Saturday.
I definitely expect Sirk to give it a go. The question is how much will he be able to play. With or without Sirk, I hope to see a heavy dose of Duncan and Powell. It seems the staff would see we do not have a #1 receiver but we have two #1 running backs (three when Wilson returns). It is past time to tailor the game plan to our personnel strengths - run the damn ball! I say run it 60 - 65 percent of the time.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 14th, 2015, 5:03 am

Let's Finish Strong at Home today!!!!!!!!!

Go Duke!!!!

Beat Pitt!!!!!!!!!!
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 14th, 2015, 4:41 pm

:( :( :( :( :(

But I still LOVE my Blue Devils!!!!

:duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 14th, 2015, 4:57 pm

What a 2nd half shit show at WW today.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » November 15th, 2015, 11:05 am

Bob Green wrote:
wolfpackdevil wrote:
If Sirk cannot go, expect to see a heavy dose of Jela Duncan and Shaq Powell. Knowing how tough Sirk has been, I am expecting to see him on the field Saturday.
I definitely expect Sirk to give it a go. The question is how much will he be able to play. With or without Sirk, I hope to see a heavy dose of Duncan and Powell. It seems the staff would see we do not have a #1 receiver but we have two #1 running backs (three when Wilson returns). It is past time to tailor the game plan to our personnel strengths - run the damn ball! I say run it 60 - 65 percent of the time.
Well we made absolutely zero effort to run the ball yesterday, which is frustrating as all get out to me. I cannot believe Duncan only got four carries. He should be running the ball 12-15 times per game. The man is a beast. Oh well, nothing I can do but suck it up.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am, the Green Family will be headed to Charlottesville next Saturday afternoon to root our Blue Devils to victory over the Cavaliers!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » November 15th, 2015, 12:11 pm

I thought it was interesting that Sirk never came in. I DID like what I saw from Boehme, and in the first quarter I figured Sirk would never start again...but that's also pretty much the only quarter we had any offense.

Sirk was warming up, but I guess he truly was too banged up to play and risk getting further injured.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » November 15th, 2015, 2:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I thought it was interesting that Sirk never came in. I DID like what I saw from Boehme, and in the first quarter I figured Sirk would never start again...but that's also pretty much the only quarter we had any offense.

Sirk was warming up, but I guess he truly was too banged up to play and risk getting further injured.
Did you happen to notice how Thomas ran out on the field when the team would come out? He was moving very slowly. I think it was a strong will that motivated him to dress out and try to warm up. He clearly was not feeling well at all. ;;)
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » November 16th, 2015, 5:05 am

NEXT PLAY !