LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » October 14th, 2015, 5:35 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have an interview in St. Louis next month, not with my former boss. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Oh wow!!! Vibing like Crazie!!! ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 14th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Thanks all! This is with the neurodegeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, etc.) group. It's only one of the top groups in the world! No pressure, right?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 14th, 2015, 6:40 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have an interview in St. Louis next month, not with my former boss. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Your news brightened up my day! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » October 14th, 2015, 7:25 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:No pressure, right?
None at all.
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Native » October 14th, 2015, 8:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks all! This is with the neurodegeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, etc.) group. It's only one of the top groups in the world! No pressure, right?
None whatsoever. I ain't worried.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » October 14th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Great news! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Bonus - they might know a bit about the dynamics under old boss and be able to recognize your integrity and ability to work with difficult people. You are a gem for them!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 14th, 2015, 9:45 pm

Woo hoo!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: \:d/ \:d/ ^:)^ ^:)^
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 14th, 2015, 9:46 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Thanks all! This is with the neurodegeneration (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, ALS, etc.) group. It's only one of the top groups in the world! No pressure, right?
You will knock it out of the park!!!!!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 14th, 2015, 10:32 pm

Thanks again, all! Did I mention that this one came about because BGS recommended me to her new boss? Also didn't hurt to have a recommendation from a former church choir friend. Connections, connections, connections.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » October 15th, 2015, 5:10 am

Seems I missed a lot this week travelling for work.
So glad you're feeling better, VDB!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Sending vibes for the perfect job, AD!! :wizard: :wizard:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 15th, 2015, 5:22 am

Continued Prayers for Lamar Odom.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 15th, 2015, 8:26 am

I'm sending prayers and vibes that this one works out!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 15th, 2015, 8:27 am

Hip Hip Hurrah! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » October 15th, 2015, 10:03 am

DukieInKansas wrote:Great news! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Bonus - they might know a bit about the dynamics under old boss and be able to recognize your integrity and ability to work with difficult people. You are a gem for them!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
QFE!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » October 15th, 2015, 10:18 am

What is up with the interviews always being WEEKS away AD? Is that just a thing your world? My interviews happen in days - Aetna does a lot of phone interviews although you have to see the person once before you hire them (we use Skype a lot) . Time from contact to hire is < 3 weeks unless you are WAY up the food chain...as in "C" level (CIO CEO COO CFO M O U S E :) )
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 15th, 2015, 7:37 pm

windsor wrote:What is up with the interviews always being WEEKS away AD? Is that just a thing your world? My interviews happen in days - Aetna does a lot of phone interviews although you have to see the person once before you hire them (we use Skype a lot) . Time from contact to hire is < 3 weeks unless you are WAY up the food chain...as in "C" level (CIO CEO COO CFO M O U S E :) )
There are a few factors that come into play here. First off, they are creating a position for me and are still in the process of determining exactly what said position will be. Second, almost everyone in their department will be away next week at a fairly major conference. Third, things move at a seemingly glacial pace at my former place of employment. All this, combined with potential future boss' busy travel schedule, make for slow progress. In any event, from what I do know, I will be talking with everyone in their department who does any sort of work in my field. This sounds like what typically happens for a faculty position of some sort. All in all, I think this is somewhat normal for academia. Lavabe can chime in with his experience, as can any other academicians in da house.

When I told BGS that I had an interview there next month, she was excited. Apparently her boss asked the reason for the rush; she told him that if they didn't move quickly someone else would snatch me up.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 15th, 2015, 7:59 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
windsor wrote:What is up with the interviews always being WEEKS away AD? Is that just a thing your world? My interviews happen in days - Aetna does a lot of phone interviews although you have to see the person once before you hire them (we use Skype a lot) . Time from contact to hire is < 3 weeks unless you are WAY up the food chain...as in "C" level (CIO CEO COO CFO M O U S E :) )
There are a few factors that come into play here. First off, they are creating a position for me and are still in the process of determining exactly what said position will be. Second, almost everyone in their department will be away next week at a fairly major conference. Third, things move at a seemingly glacial pace at my former place of employment. All this, combined with potential future boss' busy travel schedule, make for slow progress. In any event, from what I do know, I will be talking with everyone in their department who does any sort of work in my field. This sounds like what typically happens for a faculty position of some sort. All in all, I think this is somewhat normal for academia. Lavabe can chime in with his experience, as can any other academicians in da house.

When I told BGS that I had an interview there next month, she was excited. Apparently her boss asked the reason for the rush; she told him that if they didn't move quickly someone else would snatch me up.
I'm excited for you. Hugs to you and to BGS for the plug she gave. :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 15th, 2015, 8:19 pm

I got a gernic for Heartgard Plus today from Costco. For brand at the vet it's about 70.00, the gernic at Costco door members is 25.00. The pharmacist said it's exactly the same. I'm happy. :)
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 15th, 2015, 9:18 pm

What's a "gernic".
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » October 15th, 2015, 9:20 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:

We're all still on alert. Sounds promising from what you're telling us. Do you have any fingernails left? :-\
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe