LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

windsor
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by windsor » April 21st, 2015, 4:12 pm

CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:It's time for a new feature: the Road Runner juvenile stunt of the day. MacGyver came into my office this morning, visible puffs of steam coming from his ears. Brilliant Grad Student had just called to tell him that RR was going through the lab, throwing out "dangerous chemicals that they didn't use." If you guessed that all of these chemicals were purchased by MacGyver, for use in his research, move to the head of the class. :-o :-o 8-| L-)
I thought you were going to say that RR was just tossing the dangerous chemicals down the sink, and an explosion happened.

But the fact that they were MacGyver's purchases makes this even funnier.

:9f:

Just when I think I work with juvenile idiots....RR comes along and raises (lowers?) the bar.
My co-workers are amateurs.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2015, 4:26 pm

windsor wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:It's time for a new feature: the Road Runner juvenile stunt of the day. MacGyver came into my office this morning, visible puffs of steam coming from his ears. Brilliant Grad Student had just called to tell him that RR was going through the lab, throwing out "dangerous chemicals that they didn't use." If you guessed that all of these chemicals were purchased by MacGyver, for use in his research, move to the head of the class. :-o :-o 8-| L-)
I thought you were going to say that RR was just tossing the dangerous chemicals down the sink, and an explosion happened.

But the fact that they were MacGyver's purchases makes this even funnier.

:9f:

Just when I think I work with juvenile idiots....RR comes along and raises (lowers?) the bar.
My co-workers are amateurs.
How DID she dispose of the dangerous chemicals, anyway? :-o
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2015, 4:27 pm

My working hypothesis is that she's retaliating. For what, I don't know. There are several possibilities. Either Human Resources called her out for making a baseless claim, or she has learned that she's not getting any of MacGyver's grant money. So many possibilities, so little space.

Or she's just bat shit crazy.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 21st, 2015, 7:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: How DID she dispose of the dangerous chemicals, anyway? :-o
It turns out that she didn't do anything. We're going to discuss this at group meeting on Friday. I cannot wait. I think I shall say, oh-so-innocently, "You know, that sounds like stuff that MacGyver might need for his research. Did you ask if these chemicals belong to him?" :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2015, 7:21 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
It turns out that she didn't do anything. We're going to discuss this at group meeting on Friday. I cannot wait. I think I shall say, oh-so-innocently, "You know, that sounds like stuff that MacGyver might need for his research. Did you ask if these chemicals belong to him?" :ymdevil:
She is a lunatic.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 21st, 2015, 8:28 pm

And the moon isn't even visible.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2015, 9:44 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:And the moon isn't even visible.
If I hadn't seen the moon last night and didn't know otherwise, I would swear it's full, judging from the idiots in court and the nutty questions I've been asked at work this week. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 21st, 2015, 9:44 pm

It wasn't very warm today.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 21st, 2015, 10:03 pm

Who ever heard of a fifty pound dog being afraid of a manual corkscrew? Wesley saw B with a corkscrew and ran under the table to hide. :O3
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » April 22nd, 2015, 8:02 am

lawgrad91 wrote:Who ever heard of a fifty pound dog being afraid of a manual corkscrew? Wesley saw B with a corkscrew and ran under the table to hide. :O3
:)) Funny!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 22nd, 2015, 12:02 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2015/story/ ... not-stolen

So if Jameis was getting "hooked up" in Publix with crab legs and other goodies, doesn't that constitute an NCAA violation?

One of the directional Floridas is about to go on probation for sure. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » April 22nd, 2015, 1:58 pm

drinking-chemical-experiment-27966001.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » April 22nd, 2015, 3:50 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Who ever heard of a fifty pound dog being afraid of a manual corkscrew? Wesley saw B with a corkscrew and ran under the table to hide. :O3
I did...just now.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 22nd, 2015, 8:15 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
drinking-chemical-experiment-27966001.jpg
:)) =))

I just spit water all over my keyboard.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » April 22nd, 2015, 9:44 pm

Catching up LTE. Great entertainment. :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » April 22nd, 2015, 11:37 pm

I was talking to MacGyver today, and he mentioned that Road Runner's instrument is broken again. He didn't know the problem and asked if I did. I said, "Yeah, the detector is out. They're waiting for the service engineer to come in and replace it." He then pointed out that, last time he checked, the helium tank for that instrument was low. If it was empty, it would appear that the detector wasn't working. We checked. Yes, indeed, the tank is empty. So, the service engineer is coming to replace a part that is probably fine.

So, are we horrible to not tell them? It's really neither our circus nor our monkeys, and we're not 100% sure it's the source of the problem. If it is, though, they will collectively look very stupid. I'm starting to think this fails WTA. In other words, I think MacG should knock on RR's door and tell her, very nicely, that she might want to check the gas for her instrument. better for him to do it - makes him look good. Especially if there are witnesses. Makes her recent actions appear even more petty and vindictive. On the other hand, he's not supposed to know anything about her instrument. So, let her suffer or bail her out?
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 23rd, 2015, 5:07 am

This month is flying by.

Graduation is just around the corner.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 23rd, 2015, 5:57 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I was talking to MacGyver today, and he mentioned that Road Runner's instrument is broken again. He didn't know the problem and asked if I did. I said, "Yeah, the detector is out. They're waiting for the service engineer to come in and replace it." He then pointed out that, last time he checked, the helium tank for that instrument was low. If it was empty, it would appear that the detector wasn't working. We checked. Yes, indeed, the tank is empty. So, the service engineer is coming to replace a part that is probably fine.

So, are we horrible to not tell them? It's really neither our circus nor our monkeys, and we're not 100% sure it's the source of the problem. If it is, though, they will collectively look very stupid. I'm starting to think this fails WTA. In other words, I think MacG should knock on RR's door and tell her, very nicely, that she might want to check the gas for her instrument. better for him to do it - makes him look good. Especially if there are witnesses. Makes her recent actions appear even more petty and vindictive. On the other hand, he's not supposed to know anything about her instrument. So, let her suffer or bail her out?
Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. You know, every once in a while it's fun to be the asshole! I should know! =)) :ymdevil:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 23rd, 2015, 8:50 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I was talking to MacGyver today, and he mentioned that Road Runner's instrument is broken again. He didn't know the problem and asked if I did. I said, "Yeah, the detector is out. They're waiting for the service engineer to come in and replace it." He then pointed out that, last time he checked, the helium tank for that instrument was low. If it was empty, it would appear that the detector wasn't working. We checked. Yes, indeed, the tank is empty. So, the service engineer is coming to replace a part that is probably fine.

Would RR tell MacGyver? Oh hell no. I would only tell her if she mentioned it in a public forum - then I throw out 'hey did you check the tank?'

This does not fail the WTA because, as you said...it is not your circus and not your monkey. You were not asked if you had any idea what was wrong with it.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » April 23rd, 2015, 9:27 am

I would pop some popcorn and invite your friends to watch what happens. You don't know for certain that it is an ID10T error, anyway....and if it Is, it isn't your circus or your monkeys.
Iron Duke #1471997.