This was my view

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

awhom111
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

This was my view

Post by awhom111 » April 8th, 2015, 12:27 am

Of course Native had a slightly better perspective on proceedings.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: This was my view

Post by YmoBeThere » April 8th, 2015, 1:12 am

This reminds me of how cavernous Lucas Oil Stadium is foe basketball. Luckily, we've won 2 titles there.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » April 8th, 2015, 4:21 am

Not as bad as my view in Tampa in 1999, but it's why we opted
To watch the games at home on our own couch in front of our 65" tv! Much better view, and the wings and beer were delicious! :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 8th, 2015, 8:15 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Not as bad as my view in Tampa in 1999, but it's why we opted
To watch the games at home on our own couch in front of our 65" tv! Much better view, and the wings and beer were delicious! :9f:

Were you in the seats that required a Sherpa to access? I know I was. Bottled oxygen was required.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » April 8th, 2015, 8:47 am

awhom111 wrote:Image

Of course Native had a slightly better perspective on proceedings.
Same section as the one the devildeac/Lavabe families were in back in 2010.
Same result!!
:ymdevil:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » April 8th, 2015, 8:49 am

You were in the same room with the team. You were there when they won the national championship.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » April 8th, 2015, 11:00 am

Our tickets were lower levels, both in 2010 and 2015.
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » April 8th, 2015, 3:57 pm

Scienceguy did not even go to Cameron to watch! He was that nervous. He felt the team needed him to stay in his room by himself checking the score periodically online to win.

I texted him to get his ass over to Cameron. He ignored me. He did go dance around bonfires after the victory.

I reminded him that despite my tendency to hide in the bathroom during particularly tense moments in Duke Basketball's history, I actually went to the '86 Final Four and watched the whole game. He said, "Yeah, and Duke lost." You are all welcome. Scienceguy took one for the team!

I was able to watch the entire game this time. I think it's because, hard as I tried, I couldn't work up any bonafide hatred for Wisconsin. Plus, the game was just too good.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » April 8th, 2015, 4:10 pm

Bostondevil wrote:Scienceguy did not even go to Cameron to watch! He was that nervous. He felt the team needed him to stay in his room by himself checking the score periodically online to win.

I texted him to get his ass over to Cameron. He ignored me. He did go dance around bonfires after the victory.

I reminded him that despite my tendency to hide in the bathroom during particularly tense moments in Duke Basketball's history, I actually went to the '86 Final Four and watched the whole game. He said, "Yeah, and Duke lost." You are all welcome. Scienceguy took one for the team!

I was able to watch the entire game this time. I think it's because, hard as I tried, I couldn't work up any bonafide hatred for Wisconsin. Plus, the game was just too good.

I left chat at the beginning of the second half - all year long we rallied when I left chat (most notably when I signed off in disgust when we were down 10 to tarholes...)
so I watched with the sound off and my blue devil dock in hand on the Bedroom TV.

It is only crazy when it doesn't work
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » April 8th, 2015, 10:18 pm

So...... from your seat, AWHOM, could you enlighten us? Did Justise touch that ball or not?! Your opinion is as good as the refs'.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » April 8th, 2015, 10:24 pm

The only game I didn't go to Cameron for during my tenure was the '90 title game. I knew something bad was going to happen. I did go to Cameron in '91 and '92 to watch.