Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukePA » June 12th, 2014, 3:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I need an ArkieDukie soap opera fix. I am going through serious withdrawals.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Road Runner met with someone from HR yesterday and learned that there's not enough negative documentation to justify firing BM. Quelle surprise. She's going to work on that. In the meantime, it appears that the director of the core lab is VERY interested in hiring BM for the position he chatted with me about. He's cheap and likes her salary better than mine. I cannot see her as a good fit for that position; it involves collaborating with others. She is incapable of doing that.
I can't see her as good fit for any position except up the ass of some well-funded oblivious fool.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Still at the hospital, or Hotel California, one or the other.

Mom was turned down for the rehab she wanted and is now in full blown weepy full of pain mode. X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 12th, 2014, 4:45 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Still at the hospital, or Hotel California, one or the other.

Mom was turned down for the rehab she wanted and is now in full blown weepy full of pain mode. X(

Rats! Prayers that she finds a rehab she will like.
Life is good!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » June 12th, 2014, 4:53 pm

now 90 minutes in to a call with CMS and half the health plans in the known universe discussing requirements for data transmission for Risk Adjustment and Re-insurance for the ACA data. With a side bar on federated identity and access management. Yeah, my job is exciting....
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 12th, 2014, 5:06 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Still at the hospital, or Hotel California, one or the other.

Many hugs and much love to you both. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 12th, 2014, 5:06 pm

windsor wrote:now 90 minutes in to a call with CMS and half the health plans in the known universe discussing requirements for data transmission for Risk Adjustment and Re-insurance for the ACA data. With a side bar on federated identity and access management. Yeah, my job is exciting....
I would lose what's left of my mind. 8-} 8-} 8-}
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2014, 5:13 pm

The fucking assholes as Maryview Rehab turned Mom down because she is too mobile, and they didn't bother to turn her down until 4:45pm, so it is another night in the hospital. X( X( X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 12th, 2014, 5:16 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The fucking assholes as Maryview Rehab turned Mom down because she is too mobile, and they didn't bother to turn her down until 4:45pm, so it is another night in the hospital. X( X( X( :9f:
I picked a bad day to take half a blood pressure pill. Somehow I had only one and one half this morning, so I took the half, figuring I needed the full one in case the Rev Lawgrad decided to drive home (he has two speeds; NASCAR at Talladega, and grandma on Sunday afternoon). Bad move. X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » June 12th, 2014, 6:49 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:The fucking assholes as Maryview Rehab turned Mom down because she is too mobile, and they didn't bother to turn her down until 4:45pm, so it is another night in the hospital. X( X( X( :9f:
I picked a bad day to take half a blood pressure pill. Somehow I had only one and one half this morning, so I took the half, figuring I needed the full one in case the Rev Lawgrad decided to drive home (he has two speeds; NASCAR at Talladega, and grandma on Sunday afternoon). Bad move. X( :9f:
Bring her to Durham to Hillcrest. That's where I was. It's pretty nice. They have lunch and dinner in a very nice dinning room. Their rehab people are good.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 12th, 2014, 10:29 pm

DukePA wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:I need an ArkieDukie soap opera fix. I am going through serious withdrawals.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Road Runner met with someone from HR yesterday and learned that there's not enough negative documentation to justify firing BM. Quelle surprise. She's going to work on that. In the meantime, it appears that the director of the core lab is VERY interested in hiring BM for the position he chatted with me about. He's cheap and likes her salary better than mine. I cannot see her as a good fit for that position; it involves collaborating with others. She is incapable of doing that.
I can't see her as good fit for any position except up the ass of some well-funded oblivious fool.
Well, then, this would be a great fit for her. Part of the reason I shied away from the core lab here is that the director and co-director don't know as much as they think they do. Since they know more than everyone else, they really don't like to listen to others.

Ooh, an even better thought: she should go to St. Louis and work for Pushy PI! :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 13th, 2014, 7:32 pm

We are home. The young lady at the Pet Barn came back so we could get the pups sprung loose too. :O3 :O3 :O3 i-)

I texted ID along the way to tell her that the Rev Lawgrad was driving like a bat out of chapel hill trying to get to his dogs, and if something happened to me, to spread my ashes a la Bill Brill at Brunchgate. :duke: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 13th, 2014, 7:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:We are home. The young lady at the Pet Barn came back so we could get the pups sprung loose too. :O3 :O3 :O3 i-)

I texted ID along the way to tell her that the Rev Lawgrad was driving like a bat out of chapel hill trying to get to his dogs, and if something happened to me, to spread my ashes a la Bill Brill at Brunchgate. :duke: :9f:
So glad you guys made it home safely!!! I hope you have a nice quiet weekend. You're overdue.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » June 13th, 2014, 9:59 pm

I would have figured a bat would want to hang out in Chapel Hill. With all the lying they are doing over there, they are all going to...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 14th, 2014, 8:56 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I would have figured a bat would want to hang out in Chapel Hill. With all the lying they are doing over there, they are all going to...
Not sure about bats, but the vultures should be circling. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » June 14th, 2014, 10:50 am

Yep. There's a lot of road kill around our neighborhood -- left from under Roy's bus.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukePA

Post by DukePA » June 14th, 2014, 1:41 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Yep. There's a lot of road kill around our neighborhood -- left from under Roy's bus.
Love, Ima
Ewww! Y'alls street must be a public health hazard with Roy's road kill stinking it up!!!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 14th, 2014, 3:10 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:Yep. There's a lot of road kill around our neighborhood -- left from under Roy's bus.
Love, Ima
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) :ymdevil:

Nice one, Ima.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 14th, 2014, 8:20 pm

I was feeling industrious last weekend, so I whipped up a batch of a teriyaki-type marinade from one of my cookbooks. I bought a package of steak and another of chicken breasts and vacuum sealed individual servings with the marinade. Today was the first day I was able to try it out. I pulled a piece of steak out of the freezer this morning and let it thaw all day in the fridge. Threw it on the grill for supper. It turned out great! I'll definitely be doing this again in the future. Quick, easy, tasty. I'll probably switch up the marinade for the next round, though. Suggestions, anyone? :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 15th, 2014, 9:04 am

Butch went after Sean's burger yesterday:

He plays Hungry, Hungry Hippos, grabbing and pulling with his paws, then scooping with his tongue. It's very cute and ingenious.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » June 15th, 2014, 9:40 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I would have figured a bat would want to hang out in Chapel Hill. With all the lying they are doing over there, they are all going to...
Can't wait for the Fall Semester to start over at Chapaheeya. Would love to hear what the faculty thinks about this mess.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.