Erin Andrews Video

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Erin Andrews Video

Post by bjornolf » July 29th, 2009, 6:55 pm

Sue71 wrote: Then allow me to step back from this. I will reserve judgement, however I had not heard at all that it was staged. I still think she should get the benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty, etc.
Believe me, I am FAR from the first, or even the hundredth, to mention this idea. However, before we judge, let's remember what happened to the Duke lacrosse team. Personally, I believe her. But after things like the Duke lacrosse case, there's always going to be a niggling doubt in my mind. All we have at this point is a video on the internet and her outrage. Innocent until proven guilty has to swing the perp's way too.

At least here in the DC area, Sue, they have discussed this on the radio for HOURS. Talk show hosts have accepted THOUSANDS of calls about it, and both the hosts and the callers seem to be split about 50/50 on whether they think it was real or staged. There were even a few "legitimate" news organizations that jumped on the staged v. unstaged debate for a short time. If you hadn't heard anything about that possibility, I'm rather surprised at that. Maybe talk show radio in LA is more classy than it is here.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 29th, 2009, 8:01 pm

News reports indicate that the criminal investigation has broadened beyond just Erin Andrews, which leads me to believe that she is indeed a victim of a serial perpetrator.
Moreover, I don't see any compelling reason for her to stage such an incident as this. She's not known as "Erin Pageviews" for nothing...even clothed, she generates immense web traffic. Furthermore, I'd think that if she did want this kind of attention, she'd seek it through an outlet such as Playboy, who'd undoubtedly pay seven figures for her trouble.
Lastly, I really think this thread has nudged very close against the proverbial "line". It's fine if you two want to discuss the Erin Andrews matter, but if you want to point each other in the direction of the video (or others), do it via PM, please.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 29th, 2009, 8:17 pm

All in all, I don't care much about this story, I can see lots of naked women on the internet at any time, and some of them have their own viruses. ( :D ). What gave this story legs is that the video has been posted since February, and yet has just been found. (If I were Ms. Andrews I'd take offense to that as much as being video taped..another :D )
It is suspected that one of her video crew is the culprit. I'm thinking if it actually were planned, then it was REALLY badly done. Naked celebrities don't take over 5 months to get posted online and noticed if they want it to happen.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » July 30th, 2009, 8:52 am

This thread makes me wanna puke. I'm embarrassed for us all. My vote: lock it down.
sMiles
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » July 30th, 2009, 8:59 am

Miles wrote:This thread makes me wanna puke. I'm embarrassed for us all. My vote: lock it down.
I'll take it one step further, delete the thread.
I worship the Blue Devil!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2009, 9:02 am

TillyGalore wrote:
Miles wrote:This thread makes me wanna puke. I'm embarrassed for us all. My vote: lock it down.
No. It IS news.
Miles

Post by Miles » July 30th, 2009, 9:09 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
No. It IS news.
Plus, I'll lose a post count. ;)
sMiles
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » July 30th, 2009, 9:10 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
TillyGalore wrote:
No. It IS news.
Let me expand on that. Not only is the story news worthy, it's also worthy of social discussion. It's a tale of morality where obviously somebody did something wrong, and someone has probably been victimized. Unfortunately what happened to her is not that uncommon, there are a bunch of websites dedicated to voyeurism. The only reason this has been brought to light and made a big deal of is that she IS a celebrity.
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Post by Shammrog » July 30th, 2009, 9:24 am

FWIW, everyone, I did start this thread mainly in jest...

Now I will continue hanging my head in shame. :(
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 30th, 2009, 9:38 am

McFly!
x_x
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"