LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Lavabe » August 30th, 2013, 10:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I really need to keep a supply of microwave popcorn in my office.
Alright, just answer the following: Chemically speaking, is microwave popcorn all that safe? I would REALLY like to know.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 31st, 2013, 11:39 am

Well today is National Bacon Day! Probably do need that car to celebrate! :)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » August 31st, 2013, 1:54 pm

Halftime Ga Tech 42 and Elon 0 Espn3 is praising Ted Roof's defense!! Glad to see Ted back at his alma mater. But Tech is brutally beating up on Elon. Interceptions and Ga Tech defense taking care of business. Ga Tech scores! Long trip back to Burlington for the Phoenix.

Nc State is 24 0 over La Tech. Almost halftime for the Wolfies.

Lets Go Duke!!!!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 2nd, 2013, 5:39 pm

We bought a new cooler today, after a washer or something fell off our cooler on Saturday and the wheel got all wobbly on the way back to the car. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 2nd, 2013, 9:00 pm

My kids did a couple funny things this weekend if you guys are interested (DukePA):

Katie cut her own bangs yesterday, and now she looks like a shorn sheep.

Also, she made a duck mask and started running around screaming "I'm super duck!"

My wife caught Michael ducktaping his electric trains to the ceiling. Katie was in his top bunk watching. Erica told Katie to be careful and use the ladder to get down. Michael pointed to his eyes, then to his train, then to his sister. "don't worry, Mommy, I've got one eye on my train and one eye on Katie." As she walked down the stairs, she heard through the door "Katie, you better not try anything, cause I've got my eye on you!"
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 2nd, 2013, 9:20 pm

bjornolf wrote:My kids did a couple funny things this weekend if you guys are interested (DukePA):

Also, she made a duck mask and started running around screaming "I'm super duck!"

My wife caught Michael ducktaping his electric trains to the ceiling. Katie was in his top bunk watching. Erica told Katie to be careful and use the ladder to get down. Michael pointed to his eyes, then to his train, then to his sister. "don't worry, Mommy, I've got one eye on my train and one eye on Katie." As she walked down the stairs, she heard through the door "Katie, you better not try anything, cause I've got my eye on you!"
I love your kids!
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 2nd, 2013, 10:19 pm

bjornolf wrote:My kids did a couple funny things this weekend if you guys are interested (DukePA):

That is so funny. Kids, you have to love them.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » September 3rd, 2013, 12:57 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

I love your kids!
Fabulous! Thank you for sharing. I especially love the idea of Michael duct taping trains to the ceiling!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 3rd, 2013, 2:32 pm

DukePA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:

I love your kids!
Fabulous! Thank you for sharing. I especially love the idea of Michael duct taping trains to the ceiling!
Wait until he gets a few years older and tries duct taping his mother and/or father to the ceiling.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 3rd, 2013, 3:35 pm

devildeac wrote:
DukePA wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote: "quote="bjornolf"]My kids did a couple funny things this weekend if you guys are interested (DukePA):

My wife caught Michael ducktaping his electric trains to the ceiling. Katie was in his top bunk watching. Erica told Katie to be careful and use the ladder to get down. Michael pointed to his eyes, then to his train, then to his sister. "don't worry, Mommy, I've got one eye on my train and one eye on Katie." As she walked down the stairs, she heard through the door "Katie, you better not try anything, cause I've got my eye on you!"[/quote"

I love your kids!
Wait until he gets a few years older and tries duct taping his mother and/or father to the ceiling.
Why wait? He could start with his little sister right now.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 3rd, 2013, 5:20 pm

How do you strain a banana? Ask DukePa, she can tell you. :D
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2013, 9:33 pm

Lavabe wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I really need to keep a supply of microwave popcorn in my office.
Alright, just answer the following: Chemically speaking, is microwave popcorn all that safe? I would REALLY like to know.
I don't know. I think it's probably okay as long as you don't use the stuff with artificial butter flavoring. :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2013, 9:35 pm

That's funny! Your kids are pretty darn entertaining. This sounds like a story to write down in order to use for blackmail at a later date. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2013, 9:39 pm

Spent last weekend with my family. My mom's condition is deteriorating really rapidly. My sister and I believe it's time to get someone in to help take care of her, but my dad is resisting. She has trouble dressing herself, bathing herself, and feeding herself. She's mostly aware of what's going on, but she has occasions where she's not completely "with it." My dad doesn't think he needs to hire anyone until she's completely out of it. =(( Several of you have gone through this, so you know what I'm talking about. Not for the faint of heart.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2013, 9:40 pm

The fun for today: putting together lecture notes for tomorrow. It will be the first time I have taught since 2006. :-o
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2013, 9:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Spent last weekend with my family. My mom's condition is deteriorating really rapidly. My sister and I believe it's time to get someone in to help take care of her, but my dad is resisting. She has trouble dressing herself, bathing herself, and feeding herself. She's mostly aware of what's going on, but she has occasions where she's not completely "with it." My dad doesn't think he needs to hire anyone until she's completely out of it. =(( Several of you have gone through this, so you know what I'm talking about. Not for the faint of heart.
Man, this is tough. Vibes and prayers and hugs for all of you.

Is your dad capable of helping your mom at all?
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2013, 9:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The fun for today: putting together lecture notes for tomorrow. It will be the first time I have taught since 2006. :-o
Good luck with your lecture! Keep them awake!
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 3rd, 2013, 9:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:Spent last weekend with my family. My mom's condition is deteriorating really rapidly. My sister and I believe it's time to get someone in to help take care of her, but my dad is resisting. She has trouble dressing herself, bathing herself, and feeding herself. She's mostly aware of what's going on, but she has occasions where she's not completely "with it." My dad doesn't think he needs to hire anyone until she's completely out of it. =(( Several of you have gone through this, so you know what I'm talking about. Not for the faint of heart.

Capable, yes. However, he doesn't really do it - at least, he doesn't when we're around. I can speculate all day long on why this is the case, but the truth is I'm not sure. I think he believes she should do as much as she can by herself, but the problem is that she physically can't. Her hand shakes so badly she can't keep food on a fork or spoon (for example). Sad, frustrating, etc. :9f:
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 3rd, 2013, 10:11 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Capable, yes. However, he doesn't really do it - at least, he doesn't when we're around. I can speculate all day long on why this is the case, but the truth is I'm not sure. I think he believes she should do as much as she can by herself, but the problem is that she physically can't. Her hand shakes so badly she can't keep food on a fork or spoon (for example). Sad, frustrating, etc. :9f:
If he doesn't when you are around, he's no help when you aren't around, either. So suggesting the help is really for him won't work, unless he has to clean up after her when she spills food, splashes water, etc.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 3rd, 2013, 11:04 pm

Hugs, prayers and vibes to you and your family. :ymhug: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: