LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » July 1st, 2013, 9:51 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:For those of you on FB that I have friended, I have a request. I shared a page called Everything Emma. She is a special needs dog and is in a contest. Could you please go vote for her? As a pet parent to two special needs pets, I am extremely sympathetic to their causes. I've learned so much from the ones I have and have had, definitely a greater appreciation for life.
Voted. What a sweet puppy!

Ymo, thank you for adopting special needs pets.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 2nd, 2013, 8:01 am

Sunny and relatively cool(high 60's) right now in the San Antonio area.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 2nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Me too, watching Reds baseball on TV wondering why I moved from Ohio.
I'm watching the Brewers and Nationals. Apparently the Reds game is blacked out here, for some unknown reason.
Reds are now in a rain delay.
The state of North Carolina is in a rain delay and has been for several days. Weeks? As of a couple days ago, we are over 8" over budget for the year so far. And more rain yesterday. And today. I'm thinking of buying a canoe or kayak.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 2nd, 2013, 5:00 pm

We did have a vegetable garden. We how have a mud garden. :(
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 2nd, 2013, 5:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:For those of you on FB that I have friended, I have a request. I shared a page called Everything Emma. She is a special needs dog and is in a contest. Could you please go vote for her? As a pet parent to two special needs pets, I am extremely sympathetic to their causes. I've learned so much from the ones I have and have had, definitely a greater appreciation for life.

Not sure we are friends on FB. I don't know your name.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 2nd, 2013, 5:08 pm

We're going to DukePA's Thursday. Several from the family are coming. I made a quart of hot dog chili to take. I am also making baked beans to go with hamburgers and hot dogs. We will have a good time.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 2nd, 2013, 6:43 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: quote="YmoBeThere"]Me too, watching Reds baseball on TV wondering why I moved from Ohio.[/quote

I'm watching the Brewers and Nationals. Apparently the Reds game is blacked out here, for some unknown reason.
Reds are now in a rain delay.
The state of North Carolina is in a rain delay and has been for several days. Weeks? As of a couple days ago, we are over 8" over budget for the year so far. And more rain yesterday. And today. I'm thinking of buying a canoe or kayak.

If you get a kayak, please do not try to build a fire in it. Remember, you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.
Life is good!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 2nd, 2013, 7:45 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:

If you get a kayak, please do not try to build a fire in it. Remember, you can't have your kayak and heat it, too.

:)) :))

But no sporks :p .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 2nd, 2013, 7:52 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Not sure we are friends on FB. I don't know your name.
VDB, I suggested you as a friend to Ymo on his FB page. We are all one big happy family.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 2nd, 2013, 10:13 pm

Low 60's tomorrow morning, who is getting up at 4 AM to open their windows?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 3rd, 2013, 6:05 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Low 60's tomorrow morning, who is getting up at 4 AM to open their windows?
Okay, I'll fess up, it was closer to 4:45.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2013, 10:04 am

I am prosecuting a lady for prostitution this afternoon. Apparently inflation has really hit the Varnish County market. She wanted $200/hr, $130/half hour, $80/fifteen minutes.

In other words, she would make more in an hour than our substitute judge would make all day. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2013, 11:33 am

There are guys on our (flat) roof shoveling gravel around. We have sprung several leaks.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 3rd, 2013, 3:03 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I am prosecuting a lady for prostitution this afternoon. Apparently inflation has really hit the Varnish County market. She wanted $200/hr, $130/half hour, $80/fifteen minutes.

In other words, she would make more in an hour than our substitute judge would make all day. :9f:
Now we know what an education can do for you! :(
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 3rd, 2013, 7:28 pm

Home or work? At my office, they have turned it into a many months long project to remove the gravel and redo the roof. We actually expect that some xeriscaping will be involved eventually.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 3rd, 2013, 10:15 pm

I have a trip plan in the making. My cousin, Judy, who lives in Va. Beach, and I are going to see our cousin, Melinda, in November. We will fly to Houston, go to her house in Naderland for several days.We will go to Austin for 3 or 4 days, then to San Antonia for 4 days. It will be lots of fun for us to be together. I'm excited. :)
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 3rd, 2013, 10:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I am prosecuting a lady for prostitution this afternoon. Apparently inflation has really hit the Varnish County market. She wanted $200/hr, $130/half hour, $80/fifteen minutes.

Dang. She must have a graduate degree.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2013, 10:43 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Home or work? At my office, they have turned it into a many months long project to remove the gravel and redo the roof. We actually expect that some xeriscaping will be involved eventually.
Office. We have had some flooding on the other end of the courthouse a few times, but this is the first in our little neck of the woods. Water was dripping in coworker Robin's office. I suggested to her that she put plants under the two places it was dripping, but she didn't seem inclined to do so.

Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 3rd, 2013, 10:46 pm

CathyCA wrote:

Dang. She must have a graduate degree.

She didn't show up for court. She is from Eden, so I suspect she won't come to VA for a while, and we won't extradite her on a misdemeanor.

She waived attorney. At her salary structure, it's unlikely she would be eligible for court appointed counsel anyway.
Iron Duke #1471997.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 4th, 2013, 8:14 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
DukePA wrote:
windsor wrote::gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag: :gay-rainbowflag:

sorry...just couldn't help myself :D
Well then, Stevo and I might have to get married sooner than later. We've maintained that we won't marry until all of our friends can marry in NC.
Did I understand correctly that if they get married, where it's "legal", the state they live in has to honor their union and they would be eligible to receive any rights that a male and female marriage has?
That is one of the problems my wife has had with this whole debate. One of the major points of the constitution is that legal contracts formed in one state must be honored in all states. Sort of the point of the "union." That way, if I get married in Virginia, I don't have to get remarried if I move to California. Or if I drive through a neighboring state, my driver's license is still good and I don't have to pay a fee for owning my car or the stuff in it. Similarly, if a same sex couple gets married in Massachusetts, by the constitution, every state SHOULD have to honor it. :-?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage