Vibes Please

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Vibes Please

Post by IowaDevil » February 8th, 2013, 6:45 pm

My Dad who has a long term catheter developed a urinary tract infection while I was visiting. We saw the urologist and I left him with meds, instructions and looking to hear he was on the road to recovery. Not to be--they just admitted him to the hospital as the infection has moved into his kidneys which aren't functioning too well. Maybe not a big deal to us, but to a 93-year old...he can use some vibes! Thanks in advance! :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Native
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Re: Vibes Please

Post by Native » February 8th, 2013, 6:54 pm

IowaDevil wrote:My Dad who has a long term catheter developed a urinary tract infection while I was visiting. We saw the urologist and I left him with meds, instructions and looking to hear he was on the road to recovery. Not to be--they just admitted him to the hospital as the infection has moved into his kidneys which aren't functioning too well. Maybe not a big deal to us, but to a 93-year old...he can use some vibes! Thanks in advance! :ymhug:
Vibes away! Prayers out to you and yours.

:ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 8th, 2013, 6:54 pm

This is a big deal, especially for a 93 year old. Mega vibes coming y'alls way from the beach :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » February 8th, 2013, 7:43 pm

I'm sending vibes, prayers and hugs. Hang in ID. :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 8th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Major sets of vibes and prayers, ID. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

(And some hugs for good measure!)
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 8th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Native wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:My Dad who has a long term catheter developed a urinary tract infection while I was visiting. We saw the urologist and I left him with meds, instructions and looking to hear he was on the road to recovery. Not to be--they just admitted him to the hospital as the infection has moved into his kidneys which aren't functioning too well. Maybe not a big deal to us, but to a 93-year old...he can use some vibes! Thanks in advance! :ymhug:
Vibes away! Prayers out to you and yours.

:ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard:
Native said it so well that I'll second his post. Many hugs and vibes coming your way (and your dad's way).
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 8th, 2013, 8:43 pm

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » February 8th, 2013, 9:39 pm

Sending prayers to Papa ID and hugs to you, ID!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 8th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Big Times Vibes to Papa ID and the whole ID family

Hope he is fit as a fiddle in no time..

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 8th, 2013, 11:14 pm

It's gonna all be okay. I just feel it.

Just the same, we're on it!!!!!! Having been one of the biggest vibe recipient, we can vouch for their effectiveness. Vibes are flowing, flowing, flowing. Keep us posted. We'll be sitting on go ready to celebrate.
Love, Ima
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 9th, 2013, 7:28 am

Vibes, prayers and hugs to you and yours, ID!
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:YMPRAY: :YMPRAY: :YMPRAY:
:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 9th, 2013, 9:19 am

The news has yet to be good news....he apparently has a 93 year old body full of bone cancer that they surmise may have started in the prostate. They are hoping the lack of kidney function is truly an infection and not more metastasized cancer. I hurt because he hurts! We are awaiting more tests and then a conference on prognosis and a plan for him to be comfortable. Not been good news! Why did I come home??? :( I sure appreciate the vibes! Thx so much!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » February 9th, 2013, 9:49 am

Oh darlin', this is more complicated than I understood it to be. I know you wish you could take the hurt FOR him. We wait with you for the test results to find out exactly where you stand. Meanwhile, vibes roll! Is he hospitalized near you or does he live somewhere else? Let us know exactly which direction we should point!

Love, Ima :wizard: :ymhug: :wizard:
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 9th, 2013, 11:20 am

IowaDevil wrote:The news has yet to be good news....he apparently has a 93 year old body full of bone cancer that they surmise may have started in the prostate. They are hoping the lack of kidney function is truly an infection and not more metastasized cancer. I hurt because he hurts! We are awaiting more tests and then a conference on prognosis and a plan for him to be comfortable. Not been good news! Why did I come home??? :( I sure appreciate the vibes! Thx so much!
I'm so sorry, IowaDevil. Hugs and vibes to you and IowaDevilDad. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 9th, 2013, 11:50 am

IowaDevil wrote:The news has yet to be good news....he apparently has a 93 year old body full of bone cancer that they surmise may have started in the prostate. They are hoping the lack of kidney function is truly an infection and not more metastasized cancer. I hurt because he hurts! We are awaiting more tests and then a conference on prognosis and a plan for him to be comfortable. Not been good news! Why did I come home??? :( I sure appreciate the vibes! Thx so much!

Oh my. Mega Vibes! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

and hugs to you ID - we are here whenever you needs us! :ymhug: :ymhug:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 9th, 2013, 11:52 am

Our hearts are with you and your father. Focus on the love you have for each other and, as you said, his comfort. Please take a few moments for yourself each day and know that we are with you in spirit 24/7. Love you, ID :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 9th, 2013, 12:21 pm

Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear this, ID. Prayers and vibes to you, your Dad, and your whole family. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

You came home because you didn't know. Don't blame yourself for anything. Just take a deep breath, and do something for yourself for a little bit. You will need to keep yourself strong through this.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 9th, 2013, 10:02 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about the added news. Hugs, vibes, and mega prayers for Papa ID, the medical team, and you. Gather all the information you can, make the best decision you can, and then don't second guess yourself on any decisions that are made. Hang in there - and do take time for yourself. You need to maintain your health and sanity so you can help him through this process.

:ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :ymhug: :wizard: :YMPRAY:
Life is good!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » February 10th, 2013, 4:09 pm

I finally have a bit of good news to report. Dad is responding to the latest antibiotic and the UTI is clearing up and kidney's outputting as expected! Whew, we are celebrating small things at this point! They are planning on using some sort of hormonal therapy on him once he's recovered from this UTI, that will merely allow him some comfort and that's a good thing. Meanwhile he is still in the hospital but improving. Next hurdle is likely going to be where he is going to be able to live.

When I'm feeling down about all this, I just open this thread and marvel at the goodness of CTN friends. Thanks to all of you from our family! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » February 10th, 2013, 4:20 pm

Muwah, ID!! :-* :ymhug: :-* :ymhug: :-* :ymhug: