Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by lawgrad91 » February 7th, 2013, 2:42 pm

For your reading pleasure:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom ... blue-devil

Did we wear white at FIU in 2011, like the picture shows? (I missed the game for my cousin's wedding and had to follow on the phone.) Or did ESPN find some random Duke football picture to attach to the article? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 8th, 2013, 2:53 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:A new concept of "TEAM"

http://mail.aol.com/37309-111/aol-6/en- ... l&partId=3
Couldn't get it to open. Since you posted it, I'll assume it was either brilliant or hilarious. Take your pick.
Can he pick both?
All of the above is always an option.
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » February 9th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Nice finish to the Michigan-Wisconsin game...4 of the Top 5 have lost this week with our game coming up tomorrow night.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 9th, 2013, 3:10 pm

It appears ol roy didn't watch the Duke-Miami game. This is like deja vu all over again, except I'm enjoying it more. :duke: :9f:

It isn't easy pulling for the one team ahead of us in the ACC standings, but we have to do what we have to do.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 9th, 2013, 3:31 pm

OY is having bizarro ads again.

After being invited to find new friends in "chinesedate.com," today I was offered unc tar heels merchandise.

I think I would prefer chinesedate.com. We already have plenty of toilet paper and I don't want to get a rash. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 9th, 2013, 3:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:It appears ol roy didn't watch the Duke-Miami game. This is like deja vu all over again, except I'm enjoying it more. :duke: :9f:

It isn't easy pulling for the one team ahead of us in the ACC standings, but we have to do what we have to do.
QFE

:9f: :9f:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 9th, 2013, 7:36 pm

I'm pretty psyched. I found something on Friday in our big research project that could be a big-ass discovery (in other words, bigger than big). I sent my observation to Road Runner, who forwarded the information to the head of the project (at MD Anderson), crediting me. She went a step farther and found a literature reference for something that we can look into - in other words, she found the reason that my observation might be significant. Very, very exciting stuff!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » February 9th, 2013, 8:12 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm pretty psyched. I found something on Friday in our big research project that could be a big-ass discovery (in other words, bigger than big). I sent my observation to Road Runner, who forwarded the information to the head of the project (at MD Anderson), crediting me. She went a step farther and found a literature reference for something that we can look into - in other words, she found the reason that my observation might be significant. Very, very exciting stuff!
WooF'ingHoo! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 9th, 2013, 8:16 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm pretty psyched. I found something on Friday in our big research project that could be a big-ass discovery (in other words, bigger than big). I sent my observation to Road Runner, who forwarded the information to the head of the project (at MD Anderson), crediting me. She went a step farther and found a literature reference for something that we can look into - in other words, she found the reason that my observation might be significant. Very, very exciting stuff!
Well that is awesome :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » February 9th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Oooooooooohhh!!!!!! I want to say I know you to my friends!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
Very cool news, I love getting the feeling that I know you have now, it rocks. Looking forward to learning what it's about. :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » February 9th, 2013, 9:04 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
WooF'ingHoo! :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:

^:)^ ^:)^

:clap: :clap:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 9th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Thanks, all! I'm really excited, and this happened at a very opportune time. I'm hoping this gives me leverage to move further into Road Runner's realm, as far away from BarMinY as I can get. His attempts to discredit the type of work I do cannot hold water if we end up with a high profile publication as a result of this. I hope that his credibility with The Boss takes a hit, too.

I suspect that The Boss has been actively encouraging people to work with BarMinY rather than me, saying that my methods won't work. I'm basing this on statements made by a couple of people who were working with me but magically changed their minds and started working with BarMinY instead. The Boss' attitude toward me has changed noticeably as well, and not in a good way. I admit to being discouraged enough to consider calling PHB and asking if his job offer was still on the table. Fortunately, Road Runner is a far better scientist, and she knows I'm doing good work - but then, she also recognizes that our new colleague is a charlatan.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » February 9th, 2013, 9:55 pm

Congratulations! This is great news. And how wonderful that someone is willing to give credit where credit is due.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Life is good!
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 9th, 2013, 10:13 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:

Congratulations! This is great news. And how wonderful that someone is willing to give credit where credit is due.
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
I know! How cool is that?!
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » February 9th, 2013, 10:30 pm

Woo to the hoo! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Iron Duke #1471997.
shereec
PWing School Professor

Post by shereec » February 10th, 2013, 7:33 am

you GO AD!!!
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 10th, 2013, 8:08 am

AD - where in the command chain does RoadRunner fall??
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » February 10th, 2013, 8:09 am

Geek Interlude.
Trace route 216.81.59.173. :-B :-B
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 10th, 2013, 8:51 am

windsor wrote:AD - where in the command chain does RoadRunner fall??
Road Runner is a senior faculty member, same department as me. So, like me, under The Boss. Great reputation nationally and internationally. Editorial board of at least one journal. Excellent scientist - maybe even better than The Boss. Miles ahead of BarMinY for sure. Good person to have on my side. The only advantage that BarMinY has is his history with The Boss. BMY is a skilled sycophant IMO and has managed to snow lots of people.

It scares me a bit that there are aspects of this situation that parallel my last situation in AR. In that case, Supervisor Barbie was in the role of BarMinY. She, too, actively worked to discredit me with the boss. There was something borderline inappropriate going on there, and that's not the case here. I also have have the advantage of having a couple of respected scientists on my side. Still, the majority of my salary comes from departmental discretionary funds, managed by The Boss. It would help tremendously if Road Runner came up with money for a chunk of my salary.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » February 10th, 2013, 10:04 am

From my mouth to God's ears. I just got an email from Road Runner. Our MD Anderson collaborator is willing to pay part of my salary! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein