LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

shereec
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by shereec » January 25th, 2013, 5:45 am

LG - vibes, hugs, and many warm thoughts for you and yours!
:ymhug:
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » January 25th, 2013, 9:09 am

lawgrad91 wrote:ID, my old Droid had severe battery issues. The power drained like water through a sieve, and the battery got too hot and expanded so that I couldn't use the screen until I replaced the battery. THAT is what the Old Ref has to look forward to.

What does he use his phone for? Is it just a phone, or does he use apps, take/look at pictures, etc.? :9f:
His did too and he replaced it with another one with a supposedly super battery! He uses his for texts, emails and his ESPN dash for cash - that's the extent of his learning curve after a couple years! Can you say slow learner? ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 9:35 am

IowaDevil wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:ID, my old Droid had severe battery issues. The power drained like water through a sieve, and the battery got too hot and expanded so that I couldn't use the screen until I replaced the battery. THAT is what the Old Ref has to look forward to.

What does he use his phone for? Is it just a phone, or does he use apps, take/look at pictures, etc.? :9f:
His did too and he replaced it with another one with a supposedly super battery! He uses his for texts, emails and his ESPN dash for cash - that's the extent of his learning curve after a couple years! Can you say slow learner? ;)
Does he know how much faster ESPN will come up with an iPhone? Does he check scores too?
Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » January 25th, 2013, 11:16 am

Not sure what kind of 'droid phone you had...mine is 2 years old (and about to become a Galaxy IIIs) and I have had no battery issues what so ever (original battery is still in the phone). Its a 4G made by HTC. In side by side testing with my co-workers, it loads MUCH faster than their iPhones and has better battery life.

Its all about what your comfortable with. Even the new iPhone seems to be under-featured compared to my old one. Siri was supposed to be the game changer, although the folks I know used it initially, and then the novelty wore off. I use voice dial and voice texting from time to time, but don't use the other voice features much. Maybe others do, although now that I think about it I have not heard anyone talk to siri in a long time....

I live on my phone. I :x my phone.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 11:34 am

windsor wrote:

Not sure what kind of 'droid phone you had...mine is 2 years old (and about to become a Galaxy IIIs) and I have had no battery issues what so ever (original battery is still in the phone). Its a 4G made by HTC. In side by side testing with my co-workers, it loads MUCH faster than their iPhones and has better battery life.

Its all about what your comfortable with. Even the new iPhone seems to be under-featured compared to my old one. Siri was supposed to be the game changer, although the folks I know used it initially, and then the novelty wore off. I use voice dial and voice texting from time to time, but don't use the other voice features much. Maybe others do, although now that I think about it I have not heard anyone talk to siri in a long time....

I live on my phone. I :x my phone.
It was a Razr X, so it was an older model.

You're right, it's all in what you like. I use a lot of the voice stuff because I'm on the road a lot. Every other device I had was Apple. The Droid was the last holdout, and frankly, it had gotten really annoying.
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 11:40 am

We are closing at noon or whenever Circuit Court is done, whichever comes first.

As soon as the powers-that-be decided we were closing early, it quit snowing. That being said, the parking lot is white.

The county does a horrible job with the parking lot. They don't put down any melt, just scrape it-leaving the bottom layer of snow/ice-so the lot will be icy until spring thaw.

Not sure why they don't use melt; it's very rare that the area is cold enough so that the melt wouldn't work on a blacktop surface. It's probably because our maintenance people have the cumulative IQ of a unc Swahili class. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » January 25th, 2013, 12:34 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:

Does he know how much faster ESPN will come up with an iPhone? Does he check scores too?
He doesn't do change very well at all so there is not much I can do to convince him! Lost cause! :-s
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 25th, 2013, 1:01 pm

Two buck chuck is no more. Now two and a half buck chuck.

http://www.ibtimes.com/two-buck-chuck-p ... n-chuck-or

Gotta be a joke in there somewhere. :ymdevil:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » January 25th, 2013, 2:23 pm

devildeac wrote:Two buck chuck is no more. Now two and a half buck chuck.

First thought was "what the fuck is two buck chuck?". I enjoy words that rhyme.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 2:24 pm

It was three bucks in the Trader Joe's in WS the last time I was there. Must be due to sophisticated palates.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » January 25th, 2013, 3:12 pm

LG - I'm sorry to hear about your mother's fall. She is in my prayers for a speedy recovery. All of you are in my prayers as you face the decision process that you face.
Life is good!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » January 25th, 2013, 3:24 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Two and a half buck chuck or two buck chuck or even three buck chuck is wine sold exclusively by Trader Joe's. They bought the winery and they sell the wine in their grocery stores. A bottle of two buck chuck is as good as a twelve dollar bottle of any other California wine. Most people cannot taste the difference. It's good wine at a very cheap price.

In the rare event that you get a bottle of two buck chuck that's "corked," it's no big deal just to toss it and open a new one. I've only encountered ONE corked bottle of two buck chuck in the ten years I've been drinking it.

When I go to Raleigh, I usually stop by TJs to get a case of three buck chuck and to stock up on of their teriyaki chicken and brown rice.

Trader Joe's also carries a Malbec that is four dollars per bottle: La Finca. It is very good.

(Moderators, you can move this discussion to the wine thread if you'd like. . .)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bob Green
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by Bob Green » January 25th, 2013, 3:42 pm

It's snowing in Norfolk. I left work early to beat the snarled traffic so I am actually in Chesapeake, sitting at my kitchen table, drinking beer, posting on the Internet and watching the snow fall and accumulate! Life is good. I have beer and wine (and food) so I ain't going nowhere.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 25th, 2013, 3:46 pm

iPhone update. Last night my mom called me on my cell phone. After a few minutes, I could hear her but she couldn't hear me. So she hung up. We did that dance 2 or 3 times before I used my Vonage land line (VOIP) to call her on her land line. I thought it was her cell phone. Today I made a call or two from my car, using the bluetooth, and everything was fine. Then I was at home and Mrs. Ozzie called me on my cell from her car, and I could hear her but she couldn't hear me, and hung up. I called her back and she couldn't hear me again and hung up. Hmmm. I double checked to make sure the "mute" button wasn't on, and it wasn't. I called her back and put the cell phone on speaker, and she could hear me. I switched it back to normal and she couldn't hear me and I put it back on speaker and all was good. For some reason, the mic on the phone wasn't working, except on speaker. So I went back over to the local store, they experienced the same problem, reset my phone and it still didn't work. Only solution, well the fastest solution, was to replace the phone with another new one, which we did. I now have a "white" iPhone 5, which I wanted yesterday but they were out of (they got a shipment in this morning). All my contacts copied over from iCloud, but I have to re-download the free apps I'd installed. But at least the phone works! :happy-bouncyblue:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » January 25th, 2013, 3:48 pm

CathyCA wrote:
(Moderators, you can move this discussion to the wine thread if you'd like. . .)

They wouldn't dare! But feel free to copy and double post! :D :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 25th, 2013, 4:53 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:

It was three bucks in the Trader Joe's in WS the last time I was there. Must be due to sophisticated palates.
Nope. Apparently due to North Cackylacky alkeehol laws. I heard several years ago that NC retailers had to pay extra $ (in this case $1) to the ABC to be able to sell it (or any alkeehol product) in NC. Therefore, three buck chuck in NC. CathyCa may have even commented on it as she used to live in California and lamented the fact it was $2 there and $3 here.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 25th, 2013, 4:55 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:

Two and a half buck chuck or two buck chuck or even three buck chuck is wine sold exclusively by Trader Joe's. They bought the winery and they sell the wine in their grocery stores. A bottle of two buck chuck is as good as a twelve dollar bottle of any other California wine. Most people cannot taste the difference. It's good wine at a very cheap price.

In the rare event that you get a bottle of two buck chuck that's "corked," it's no big deal just to toss it and open a new one. I've only encountered ONE corked bottle of two buck chuck in the ten years I've been drinking it.

When I go to Raleigh, I usually stop by TJs to get a case of three buck chuck and to stock up on of their teriyaki chicken and brown rice.

Trader Joe's also carries a Malbec that is four dollars per bottle: La Finca. It is very good.

Moderators move a post/discussion? Where do you think you are? :-s 8-| =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » January 25th, 2013, 4:58 pm

devildeac wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

Nope. Apparently due to North Cackylacky alkeehol laws. I heard several years ago that NC retailers had to pay extra $ (in this case $1) to the ABC to be able to sell it (or any alkeehol product) in NC. Therefore, three buck chuck in NC. CathyCa may have even commented on it as she used to live in California and lamented the fact it was $2 there and $3 here.
I see our esteemed counselor already responded. Of course, LG is also esteemed ;;) . dpslaw is not too shabby either. Anyone I missed? TigerDevil? Chipslate?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 5:03 pm

[quote="devildeac]Moderators move a post/discussion? Where do you think you are? :-s 8-| =))[/quote]

=)) :)) :ymdevil:
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » January 25th, 2013, 8:26 pm

We are watching Blazing Saddles.

Harrumph. =))
Iron Duke #1471997.