News stories that I can't follow...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: News stories that I can't follow...

Post by wilson » July 6th, 2009, 9:37 pm

rockymtn devil wrote:
Given that gin is the proper martini ingredient, making one with beer is just one step away from making it with vodka ;)
I strongly agree. I drink Tanqueray martinis. Clean. Bombay will do in a pinch, or Beefeater if the straits are really dire (but then I'm far more likely to just have a G&T instead).
But my original point remains: Bud Light=wrong. Clam juice beer= wrong. Clam juice Bud Light=very wrong.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 6th, 2009, 11:45 pm

wilson wrote: But my original point remains: Bud Light=wrong.
If Bud Light is so wrong, I don't want to be right!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » July 6th, 2009, 11:46 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
wilson wrote: But my original point remains: Bud Light=wrong.
If Bud Light is so wrong, I don't want to be right!
I know, Oz. But to borrow a hackneyed phrase, "Love the sinner, hate the sin." ;)
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » July 7th, 2009, 8:53 am

When I started the thread, I was sort of wondering why important stories that don't fill the sensational tabloid model/24-hour news cycle just seem to be meandering along hidden, while everything you wanted to know about Michael Jackson's vault and David Beckham's troubles in LA seemed to be getting more attention.

I am glad, however, that Tiger Woods won again, as that means only six more weeks are left in the recession.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 7th, 2009, 5:06 pm

Lavabe wrote:When I started the thread, I was sort of wondering why important stories that don't fill the sensational tabloid model/24-hour news cycle just seem to be meandering along hidden, while everything you wanted to know about Michael Jackson's vault and David Beckham's troubles in LA seemed to be getting more attention.

I am glad, however, that Tiger Woods won again, as that means only six more weeks are left in the recession.
We understand you, but you can't deny that the evil, that is Budweiser with Clamato, should not be ignored.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 17th, 2009, 8:54 pm

Walter Cronkite died today.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 17th, 2009, 10:07 pm

captmojo wrote:
Lavabe wrote:When I started the thread, I was sort of wondering why important stories that don't fill the sensational tabloid model/24-hour news cycle just seem to be meandering along hidden, while everything you wanted to know about Michael Jackson's vault and David Beckham's troubles in LA seemed to be getting more attention.

We understand you, but you can't deny that the evil, that is Budweiser with Clamato, should not be ignored.
No doubt. This is something that definitely stays off the front page, but is an emerging story.

Now Walter Cronkite dying ... page 1 story. I can follow it. It's the page 3 stories I'm interested in.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » July 18th, 2009, 12:05 am

Lavabe wrote:I am glad, however, that Tiger Woods won again, as that means only six more weeks are left in the recession.
Tiger Woods missing the cut at a major probably means that we're due for a really bad El Nino year, or something.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Lavabe » July 18th, 2009, 4:01 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Lavabe wrote:I am glad, however, that Tiger Woods won again, as that means only six more weeks are left in the recession.
Tiger Woods missing the cut at a major probably means that we're due for a really bad El Nino year, or something.
Immediately, it means that throaty will post here.
It also means that gas prices will continue to rise.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 18th, 2009, 6:03 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
El Nino is great for us in the P/C insurance space. It usually means a reduced Atlantic hurricane season.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » July 18th, 2009, 7:38 am

Lavabe wrote:
captmojo wrote:

No doubt. This is something that definitely stays off the front page, but is an emerging story.

Now Walter Cronkite dying ... page 1 story. I can follow it. It's the page 3 stories I'm interested in.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_Three

...and this is the story of page three. :oops:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 18th, 2009, 7:45 am

Lavabe wrote:
captmojo wrote:

Page 3 stories?

Why, Lavabe, I never knew...

:oops: :roll:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 18th, 2009, 10:47 am

captmojo wrote:
Lavabe wrote: No doubt. This is something that definitely stays off the front page, but is an emerging story.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Page_Three

...and this is the story of page three. :oops:
Uh, I don't follow page three stories. You'll need to rely on someone else for that type of reporting.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 19th, 2009, 10:00 am

Doesn't the Weekly World News have a website? Hmmm...if not there is always TMZ.