Happy Birthday CathyCA!

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Happy Birthday CathyCA!

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2012, 6:25 pm

devildeac wrote:All treats, no tricks. Happy Birthday!
Thank you, DD! It was a treat-filled day.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2012, 6:26 pm

DevilWearsPrada2.0 wrote:[color=#HAPPY BIRTHDAY :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :ymparty: 0080FF][/color]
Thank you, DWP2.0.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2012, 6:27 pm

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:So busy today I almost missed it! Happiest of birthdays, Cath. I hope your wish comes true. :occasion-candle:
Love, Ima
Thank you, Ima! I'm not telling my wish, but I hope it comes true.

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2012, 6:27 pm

shereec wrote:Belated Birthday Wishes!!!
Sorry to be late, but I hope it was simply a marvelous day for you!!
:ymparty:
Thank you, ShereeC. Being late only prolongs the celebration!

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 1st, 2012, 6:28 pm

Native wrote:Happy Birthday Cathy!
Thank you, Native!

~ James Naismith
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 1st, 2012, 11:01 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Happy Birthday! Spend it having as much fun as humanly possible, then have some more fun on top of it. Get lots of presents, eat lots of cake, steal lots of kids' candy!

:occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :ymparty:
Thank you, CB&B. I spent my birthday evening in New Bern. We walked along the river, took pictures, and ate dinner at the Historic Harvey Mansion. I had the three-crab (soft shell, crab cake and lump crab meat) with mashed red potatoes and remoulade sauce. It was delicious! I highly recommend it.

The Harvey Mansion restaurant is still there? I had heard it had closed years ago. I guess not, or it has reopened. I used to eat there 30 years ago (early/mid 80's, while you were at Duke) when I went to New Bern on business. There was something on the menu that I really liked, but I can't remember what it was.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2012, 8:28 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:Happy Birthday! Spend it having as much fun as humanly possible, then have some more fun on top of it. Get lots of presents, eat lots of cake, steal lots of kids' candy!

:occasion-happyhalloween: :occasion-birthday: :occasion-birthdaymulticolor: :ymparty:
Thank you, CB&B. I spent my birthday evening in New Bern. We walked along the river, took pictures, and ate dinner at the Historic Harvey Mansion. I had the three-crab (soft shell, crab cake and lump crab meat) with mashed red potatoes and remoulade sauce. It was delicious! I highly recommend it.

The Harvey Mansion restaurant is still there? I had heard it had closed years ago. I guess not, or it has reopened. I used to eat there 30 years ago (early/mid 80's, while you were at Duke) when I went to New Bern on business. There was something on the menu that I really liked, but I can't remember what it was.
Yes. Our food was really good. They had an early bird menu, and everything on it was less than $15.00. We were there in time to order off the early bird menu, but the crab plate called my name!

I think it's well worth the drive down there. My friends also tell me that there is a very good restaurant a few blocks away called "The Chelsea." I'll try to check that one out the next time I'm down in New Bern.

~ James Naismith
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » November 2nd, 2012, 12:18 pm

Cathy,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Just getting back into the flow of things here on the boards, but hope your birthday was a devilishly great one! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 2nd, 2012, 2:39 pm

EarlJam wrote:Cathy,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

Just getting back into the flow of things here on the boards, but hope your birthday was a devilishly great one! :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:

-EJ
Thank you for helping me prolong the celebration, EJ.

~ James Naismith
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 3rd, 2012, 11:33 pm

Belated happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Hope the year ahead brings great times for you.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » November 4th, 2012, 12:46 am

ArkieDukie wrote:Belated happy birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Hope the year ahead brings great times for you.
Thank you, AD!

~ James Naismith