Here's one athlete that didn't get away with it...

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Here's one athlete that didn't get away with it...

Post by bjornolf » July 16th, 2009, 8:54 am

I didn't hear anyone talking about it this morning, but across the bar this morning on ESPN, it said Travis Henry, former NFL RB for Buffalo, got 3 years in the federal pen for financing a drug trafficking ring between Montana and Colorado. I'm surprised they're not talking about this more. Richard Jefferson's wedding got WAY more pub. I would think they'd want to talk about ANYTHING other than Favre again. They keep claiming they're sick of it, but apparently not. I would think they'd want to show the argument against the popular perception around guys like Stalworth, that famous people and particularly athletes can do anything they want and get away with it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4330252

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Shammrog
Full Time Student at PWing school
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Here's one athlete that didn't get away with it...

Post by Shammrog » July 16th, 2009, 11:03 am

He was probably put in jail to keep him from fathering any more illegitimate kids! :D
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 18th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Hmmm....Montana?
cl15876
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by cl15876 » July 21st, 2009, 7:10 pm

Shammrog wrote:He was probably put in jail to keep him from fathering any more illegitimate kids! :D
OMG, why would someone do that?
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » July 21st, 2009, 7:43 pm

bjornolf wrote:I didn't hear anyone talking about it this morning, but across the bar this morning on ESPN, it said Travis Henry, former NFL RB for Buffalo, got 3 years in the federal pen for financing a drug trafficking ring between Montana and Colorado. I'm surprised they're not talking about this more. Richard Jefferson's wedding got WAY more pub. I would think they'd want to talk about ANYTHING other than Favre again. They keep claiming they're sick of it, but apparently not. I would think they'd want to show the argument against the popular perception around guys like Stalworth, that famous people and particularly athletes can do anything they want and get away with it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4330252

%%-
Southbound and down?

I too am surprised this is not getting more coverage; I suppose because he is retired and some new news came out on the McNair front today? McNair was found to have a fair amount (can't remember the exact level) of alcohol in his system and his girl had refer in her system. NFL may have done some PR "blocking" (pardon the pun) to keep the Henry (and more drugs) story off the front pages/headlines.

Great catch though.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » July 22nd, 2009, 8:12 am

I can't believe that ESPN is ignoring the Big Ben rape thing so much. I mean, I get that they don't want to jump to conclusions and look like asses like they did with the Duke lacrosse thing, but you'd think they could at least state the facts as they are known so people will know more about it. I mean, heck, wasn't it one of their people that BROKE the Mike Vick thing a few years ago? They covered Kobe like crazy in his criminal case. Some callers on the local stations are crying racism. I mean, I am basically in DC, so that makes sense. People in and around DC cry racism if the price of milk goes up, so we're probably not the most objective area when it comes to this kind of thing. Are they covering it other places? Are people in other cities crying racism too?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage