Duke vs. the sheep. 7:00PM kickoff social discussion

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Re: Duke vs. the sheep. 7:00PM kickoff social discussion

Post by DukePA » October 9th, 2012, 9:47 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:I don't have a wedding to attend. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD
I do. I sure do love my Emerald Isle Biker Bitch, Caroline, a ton. Her wedding is one of the few things that will keep me away from the game. She's getting married at her parents' place down here on the water which will be gorgeous. The Hargetts' are huge Duke fans, so at least the game will be on the TV! GO DUKE!!!
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 9th, 2012, 10:19 am

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:I don't have a wedding to attend. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :-BD
I do. I sure do love my Emerald Isle Biker Bitch, Caroline, a ton. Her wedding is one of the few things that will keep me away from the game. She's getting married at her parents' place down here on the water which will be gorgeous. The Hargetts' are huge Duke fans, so at least the game will be on the TV! GO DUKE!!!
And the ID's will be in PA's seats cheering loud enough for everyone at the wedding! Thanks to all! :) :) :ymhug: :ymhug:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » October 9th, 2012, 12:04 pm

Ozzie, is your function/event in a hotel? Then go and hang out at the Big Screen TV, where the Lobby Bar is located. And watch the game!!!! Guests do it all the time, at events!!! Or take a laptop and stream the game in! I know you are disappointed, but with technology, you will be able to hear and watch the game!

I can't believe the game is 7pm, in late October.

And listen to Bob Harris on 620 on 99 the fan, whichever station will be carrying the Duke Radio network on that evening!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 9th, 2012, 4:31 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
DukePA wrote:
And the ID's will be in PA's seats cheering loud enough for everyone at the wedding! Thanks to all! :) :) :ymhug: :ymhug:
ID, are you going to tailgate with us? I sure hope so. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 9th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:
DukePA wrote:
ID, are you going to tailgate with us? I sure hope so. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
They better! B-)

ID, I'm still planning on meeting y'all for dinner next Tuesday night in Smithfield ~8 pm. :happy-bouncyblue: I'll leave for Ft. Lauderdale the next morning.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 9th, 2012, 10:22 pm

We will be tailgating for sure and we are looking forward to it and dinner in Smithfield on Tuesday! Plus we are meeting PA on Wednesday for dinner! I think we are eating our way thru NC next week!

Do you gather somewhere before C2C? If it involves beer and/or food we will be there! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 9th, 2012, 11:56 pm

IowaDevil wrote:We will be tailgating for sure and we are looking forward to it and dinner in Smithfield on Tuesday! Plus we are meeting PA on Wednesday for dinner! I think we are eating our way thru NC next week!

Do you gather somewhere before C2C? If it involves beer and/or food we will be there! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
ID, I suggest Tyler's Tap Room in Durham for your dinner Friday night - good food and great beer! Even if no one else meets you there, although dd might be persuaded if he's not on call ;)

lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 10th, 2012, 9:17 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:We will be tailgating for sure and we are looking forward to it and dinner in Smithfield on Tuesday! Plus we are meeting PA on Wednesday for dinner! I think we are eating our way thru NC next week!

ID, I suggest Tyler's Tap Room in Durham for your dinner Friday night - good food and great beer! Even if no one else meets you there, although dd might be persuaded if he's not on call ;)
The lawgrads have talked amongst themselves about coming to Durham in time for supper, if that works out in our busy social calendars.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 10th, 2012, 9:27 am

I have a classmate who wants to come to the game. Does anyone have 2 extra tickets?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 10th, 2012, 12:30 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:

The lawgrads have talked amongst themselves about coming to Durham in time for supper, if that works out in our busy social calendars.
Maybe see you there?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 10th, 2012, 12:49 pm

IowaDevil wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: The lawgrads have talked amongst themselves about coming to Durham in time for supper, if that works out in our busy social calendars.
Maybe see you there?
Let me touch base with the Rev. Lawgrad about it. I don't have court next Friday, so I could leave work early and theoretically Friday is his day off (assuming no one passes away, goes to the hospital or has any other of 40 things that cause a parishioner to not be able to live without a minister RIGHT NOW!).

But I like the idea of Tyler's Tap Room. 6:00 maybe? :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 10th, 2012, 12:53 pm

Put in a request to the congregation that nobody die or get sick. In fact, just ask that everyone just go home and stay in bed after Sunday's service for the remainder of the week.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 10th, 2012, 1:09 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Put in a request to the congregation that nobody die or get sick. In fact, just ask that everyone just go home and stay in bed after Sunday's service for the remainder of the week.
Since his cell phone is set up on my account, I'll just change his phone number. We don't have a house phone, and he doesn't know how to read smoke signals. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2012, 2:19 pm

CathyCA wrote:I have a classmate who wants to come to the game. Does anyone have 2 extra tickets?

Heck, Dawn, Mark and Max are trying to find tickets. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Devil in the Blue Dress
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 10th, 2012, 6:06 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I have a classmate who wants to come to the game. Does anyone have 2 extra tickets?

Heck, Dawn, Mark and Max are trying to find tickets. :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
As of this afternoon, it was my understanding that tickets are still available through the Duke ticket office for as little as $20/each.
IowaDevil

Post by IowaDevil » October 10th, 2012, 6:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
IowaDevil wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: The lawgrads have talked amongst themselves about coming to Durham in time for supper, if that works out in our busy social calendars.
Maybe see you there?
Let me touch base with the Rev. Lawgrad about it. I don't have court next Friday, so I could leave work early and theoretically Friday is his day off (assuming no one passes away, goes to the hospital or has any other of 40 things that cause a parishioner to not be able to live without a minister RIGHT NOW!).

But I like the idea of Tyler's Tap Room. 6:00 maybe? :9f:
Will be there! Anyone else? :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 10th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Thanks DWTBD. I'll call tomorrow.

ID, sorry, we already have plans but will see you at tailgate. I'm looking forward to seeing you both.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Devil in the Blue Dress

Post by Devil in the Blue Dress » October 10th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Thanks DWTBD. I'll call tomorrow.

ID, sorry, we already have plans but will see you at tailgate. I'm looking forward to seeing you both.

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Bona fortuna! Don't know what you'll find available tomorrow, but a ticket in the hand is worth 10 that can't be bought.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » October 10th, 2012, 8:43 pm

I so wish I could come! Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 10th, 2012, 9:10 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I so wish I could come! Sounds like a fun time will be had by all.
We always do! Ya know, airplanes do fly from Kansas to RDU!