The "Official" SFD Thread - Season Over

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: The "Official" SFD Thread - Season Over

Post by captmojo » March 16th, 2012, 10:26 pm

I'll let out a ranting vent later that just may blow some transformers. X(
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » March 16th, 2012, 11:39 pm

Well SFD that was ugly! :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 17th, 2012, 12:11 am

IowaDevil wrote:Well SFD that was ugly! :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
Yes, it was. Once again, I got a little tired of seeing Miles in the lane with his hands up calling for the ball only to have to go out and set a screen because no one passed to him.

Thank you, Miles, for four wonderful years. I don't like the way the season ended but I appreciate all the good play you provided for four years.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 17th, 2012, 1:06 am

SFD. And we lost a basketball game too.
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 17th, 2012, 1:27 am

SFD. I have a mild case of DUKE DEPRESSION.

Didn't expect our Dukies to lose today. I was expecting it next weekend.

On to more recruiting!

Thank you Miles for 4 years, and several ACC championships and a National Championship in 2010! I was there in Indy, and it was amazing.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 17th, 2012, 7:09 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:SFD. And we lost a basketball game too.
My grandmother passed away a few days before we lost in 2002, so I have some understanding of how you feel. A few months later, someone I didn't like very much dared to make a snarky comment about the Duke loss in the tourney. I politely told the asshat was that I had just lost my grandmother, so the game wasn't exactly at the top of my list of concerns. He shut up pretty quickly. Honestly, I don't even remember who beat us in 2002.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 17th, 2012, 9:33 am

I woke up in the denial mode of the five stages of grief. Now I am in the anger phase. Depression will come later.

Boy, did that ever suck.

Saying that, hearing about Ozzie's dad puts things in perspective. :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » March 17th, 2012, 9:35 am

SFD............ well s**t

On Fox sports South, Coach K show, and showing the Seasons of 91 and 92.

And OY.... the forum was shut down last night and still this morning! I wanted to read the rants. Those Mods are all about themselves anyway.

On a good note, Duke mens lacrosse beat Unc yesterday.

Still suffering from DUKE DEPRESSION, which comes in March. :(
SFD

GTHC :9f:
gadzooks
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by gadzooks » March 17th, 2012, 11:47 am

SFD and then some.

DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 17th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I'm definitely suffering from Duke loss depression this morning. I stayed up until 2:30 am watching Sex and the City re-runs. Before that, I culled the hell out of my facebook friends. The holes were their typical classless selves and you know what, I don't have to put up with their shit. I never rub it in to them. They can still kiss my ass. The funny thing is, is the worst never stepped foot in a Chapel Hill classroom. Uneducated bufoons. Ah well. Next play.
pamtar
I don't know what PWing is.

Post by pamtar » March 17th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Blah, blah, blahblah blah, blah. Losing a game like that always causes me to drink till I'm hungover. This makes the day after even harder to get through. I think I'm still in denial. Either that or my B1 levels are so low that I'm becoming delerious. Anybody hear K's post game interview? I'm curious what he had to say.

Anyways, fitting way to cap off the weirdest year I can remember. I've been a fan since Ferry's freshman year and I've never seen anything like this. At least we have the Rivers shot to hold on to. Something tells me that 10 years from now that's all we'll remember from this season.

So i guess NCSU is still in the hunt, though they're sure to disappoint.

Shitty shitty damn. And piss.

:(
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...
pamtar

Post by pamtar » March 17th, 2012, 12:32 pm

DukePA wrote:I'm definitely suffering from Duke loss depression this morning. I stayed up until 2:30 am watching Sex and the City re-runs. Before that, I culled the hell out of my facebook friends. The holes were their typical classless selves and you know what, I don't have to put up with their shit. I never rub it in to them. They can still kiss my ass. The funny thing is, is the worst never stepped foot in a Chapel Hill classroom. Uneducated bufoons. Ah well. Next play.
Lol DPA! I too went on a huge culling spree - followed by 3 episodes of the walking dead! (Needed something with a lot of killing!) I checked FB this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Without all the hole fucktardery it was a refreshing experience. I left a few good friends who happen to be holes fans, but their discourse was subtle and polite. I'm kicking myself for Keeping the rest of them in my feed for so long. And you're right, the worst ones not only didn't go to UNC, but college in general. Can't spell waLmART SHopping cEntEr without tarheels! Ok, that's kind of a stretch.
Used to PW, got the forum VD, now no one cares what I type...
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 17th, 2012, 2:48 pm

DukePA wrote:Ah well. Next play.
A long down field pass from Sean Renfree to Conner Vernon resulting in an opening drive touchdown. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 17th, 2012, 2:50 pm

pamtar wrote:
DukePA wrote:I'm definitely suffering from Duke loss depression this morning. I stayed up until 2:30 am watching Sex and the City re-runs. Before that, I culled the hell out of my facebook friends. The holes were their typical classless selves and you know what, I don't have to put up with their shit. I never rub it in to them. They can still kiss my ass. The funny thing is, is the worst never stepped foot in a Chapel Hill classroom. Uneducated bufoons. Ah well. Next play.
Lol DPA! I too went on a huge culling spree - followed by 3 episodes of the walking dead! (Needed something with a lot of killing!) I checked FB this morning and was pleasantly surprised. Without all the hole fucktardery it was a refreshing experience. I left a few good friends who happen to be holes fans, but their discourse was subtle and polite. I'm kicking myself for Keeping the rest of them in my feed for so long. And you're right, the worst ones not only didn't go to UNC, but college in general. Can't spell waLmART SHopping cEntEr without tarheels! Ok, that's kind of a stretch.
"I'm kicking myself for Keeping the rest of them in my feed for so long." Same here, Pamtar. Well, life is grand. The sun is shining and my facebook news feed is obnoxious-hole-free!!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 17th, 2012, 2:51 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
A long down field pass from Sean Renfree to Conner Vernon resulting in an opening drive touchdown. :happy-bouncyblue: :duke:
Hell yeah!! Can't wait!
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 17th, 2012, 3:52 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:SFD. And we lost a basketball game too.
My grandmother passed away a few days before we lost in 2002, so I have some understanding of how you feel. A few months later, someone I didn't like very much dared to make a snarky comment about the Duke loss in the tourney. I politely told the asshat was that I had just lost my grandmother, so the game wasn't exactly at the top of my list of concerns. He shut up pretty quickly. Honestly, I don't even remember who beat us in 2002.
Indiana, by 1 point.

My dad also died after watching Duke play basketball. The last show he watched on his then-new big screen tv was Duke's defeat of Kentucky. We were the current national champions, and were ranked #1 on the day that he died. He was so very happy when he died.

Now he has the best seats in the house.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 17th, 2012, 4:20 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
I must have missed the announcement where/when we got a new OC? Link?
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 17th, 2012, 4:33 pm

DukePA wrote:
pamtar wrote:
"I'm kicking myself for Keeping the rest of them in my feed for so long." Same here, Pamtar. Well, life is grand. The sun is shining and my facebook news feed is obnoxious-hole-free!!
I did the same. I can't believe I kept those idiots on my friends list, either. And absolutely none of them went to unc; most couldn't spell "unc" if you asked them to and couldn't find the place on a map of eastern NC.

I test-drove a 2005 Audi A4 early this afternoon, and also a brand spanking new VW Jetta diesel. Retail therapy is a many-splendored thing. I'm still in the anger stage of grief, though. (The Jetta was fun; the Audi is more in my price range. I would hate to give up my Saab, but a car with 255,000 on it that drinks 3 quarts of oil every two weeks is probably due to go on.)

Iron Duke #1471997.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 18th, 2012, 8:40 am

DukePA wrote:
pamtar wrote:
Fortunately my facebook feed was quiet. I tend to not unfriend people I actually know (I have a bunch of dog training folks who are friends of real friends, but they tend to limit themselves to 'doggie' related topics) I do liberally block feeds - I will check in on their pages from time to time to see what's up but don't have to see their annoying (usually religious) drivel. I certainly would catch hell for unfriending one of my step daughters, but I don't want to see her drama on a day to day basis!!
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 18th, 2012, 10:24 am

Blocking is one of the best features on FB. I also have several lists. For instance, yesterday I spent most of my time looking at the "Duke University" list feed so that I didn't have to witness the mess that some of my acquaintances were spewing.

This MB also has a nifty ignore feature. I use it, too. That keeps me happy most of the time.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith