Hey Ladies! What are man's biggest fashion screw ups?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Ladies, what are men's top fashion flubs O' the day?

Trying to dress too fashionable.
25%
Pale skin.
No votes
Always wears hats.
No votes
Never wears hats enough.
No votes
Brown shoes, black belt....that type of stuff.
50%
Wears jeans too much.
No votes
Doesn't wear jeans enough.
No votes
Doesn't matter - as long as he is confident.
25%

Total votes: 4
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Hey Ladies! What are man's biggest fashion screw ups?

Post by EarlJam » June 27th, 2009, 12:52 am

I know there's a French term for it (faux pau???).

Anyway, these days, what are our (men) biggest fashion flubs and what do you want to see more of? Do NOT say chaps. It is already known and well written that 110% of women love a man in cowboy boots and chaps.

-EJ
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Hey Ladies! What are man's biggest fashion screw ups?

Post by CathyCA » June 27th, 2009, 9:12 am

I voted for the brown shoes/black belt thing.

Also, when a guy is dressed in a suit and tie and wears rubber-soled dress shoes.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » June 27th, 2009, 11:47 am

I'll go with "not wearing an undershirt under a dress shirt" for $200, Alex.

The double jeopardy answer probably has something to do with most of the young gentlemen at the NBA draft... :D
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 27th, 2009, 2:51 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:I'll go with "not wearing an undershirt under a dress shirt" for $200, Alex.

The double jeopardy answer probably has something to do with most of the young gentlemen at the NBA draft... :D
Sorry, I missed the NBA draft. Listened on the radio to hear where G went. What did the young gentlemen at the NBA draft mess up with their outfits?

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » June 27th, 2009, 11:25 pm

bjornolf wrote: Sorry, I missed the NBA draft. Listened on the radio to hear where G went. What did the young gentlemen at the NBA draft mess up with their outfits?

%%-
I think DA was alluding to things like purple shirt/purple tie (or some other doubling up on gaudy colors), six-button sportcoats, and the like. I totally agree. About 97% of those guys look like buffoons year in and year out.
James Harden, however, looked flippin' stellar last night.
jamesharden.jpg
jamesharden.jpg (17.83 KiB) Viewed 178 times
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » June 28th, 2009, 8:15 am

Really? Including pale skin as a fashion faux pas? That's not really fair. Some of us are pale complected and can't go out for long periods in the sun without sun screen because we have a history of skin cancer in the family and burn very easily. I actually get sun poisoning, horrible rashes that break out (mostly on my legs cause there's less circulation down there). Even though I applied sunscreen twice on my King's Dominion trip the other day, I got it pretty bad. Calling that a fashion faux pas, something that some people have no control over thanks to genetics, is pretty harsh. I mean, what are people who are albinos supposed to do? Might as well call obesity or smoking a fashion faux pas. And those are things that people technically have more control over than the color of their skin. And fake tans look AWFUL on 90% of people. Better pale than orange in my book. Ouch. Harsh, dude. Now, something that people DO have control over is what they wear, and how it AFFECTS their skin tone or other flaws. For example, I look washed out and sick in most shades of yellow, but putty and most greens look really good on me. Said albinos should avoid wearing white or pastels, as they would emphasize their lack of pigment. Larger people like me should trend toward darker colors. Someone with beautiful red hair (a total weakness of mine personally), should generally avoid wearing red or orange unless they luck out and find a shade that looks good with their hair, as those can make their hair look very weird. But to actually go after the color of one's skin is just plain mean.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage