LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by DukieInKansas » September 20th, 2011, 5:24 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:You could crash the party. What's he gonna do? Tell you to leave? Reprimand you tomorrow for showing up? Fire you? I don't think so.
I believe that, by employing the official windsor's "Who's the asshole" test, I should not go. If I was invited and did not go, I'd be the asshole. If I appeared without being invited, I'd be the asshole. No invitation to attend, he's the asshole. How does this logic sound to the quorum? Is this a correct application of The Wisdom of Windsor?
I believe this is the correct decision. Plus, others may ask you why you weren't there after the event and you can simply say that you did not receive an invitation - making him, once again, look like a jerk! Hopefully, someone will ask the person you spoke about your absence while in the presence of the potential new hire so that the candidate can learn early about the boss's potential. :D
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 20th, 2011, 5:31 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:You could crash the party. What's he gonna do? Tell you to leave? Reprimand you tomorrow for showing up? Fire you? I don't think so.
I believe that, by employing the official windsor's "Who's the asshole" test, I should not go. If I was invited and did not go, I'd be the asshole. If I appeared without being invited, I'd be the asshole. No invitation to attend, he's the asshole. How does this logic sound to the quorum? Is this a correct application of The Wisdom of Windsor?
Don't be the asshole. Don't attend.
In the meantime, is the position he/she's applying for posted? If so, I'd find out the exact details about the position.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » September 20th, 2011, 5:50 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
Sounds good to me. Good job, AD!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 20th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Must get post count up!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 20th, 2011, 7:02 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
I agree with my learned colleagues. If you are asked why you didn't attend, you can say you weren't invited, and make PHB look bad in front of anyone who asks.

Do you have any idea why your coworker who wasn't invited, wasn't invited?
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 20th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Facebook suggested to me that I would want to subscribe to Calvin Broadus (aka Snoop Dogg), Boss Dogg at Doggystyle Records. =))

My tastes in music are varied. Not THAT varied.
Iron Duke #1471997.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 20th, 2011, 7:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Facebook suggested to me that I would want to subscribe to Calvin Broadus (aka Snoop Dogg), Boss Dogg at Doggystyle Records. =))

We have wise decisions made, every day, all over this place. :clap:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 20th, 2011, 7:22 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Facebook suggested to me that I would want to subscribe to Calvin Broadus (aka Snoop Dogg), Boss Dogg at Doggystyle Records. =))

I have the 4 cats, not sure how they would feel if I subscribed to a Dogg...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 20th, 2011, 7:23 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:

I have the 4 cats, not sure how they would feel if I subscribed to a Dogg...
That might be a problem.

Merlin my rescue dog wouldn't mind, but Sasha the mini-schnauzer has a bad attitude when it comes to dogs. Or to doggs, as well.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 20th, 2011, 7:27 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I agree with my learned colleagues. If you are asked why you didn't attend, you can say you weren't invited, and make PHB look bad in front of anyone who asks.

Do you have any idea why your coworker who wasn't invited, wasn't invited?
The common link between the two of us who were not invited is that both of us are not a part of the lab's prestigious new project. New hire will be, assuming he comes here. With that being said, the colleague who asked me about the event at my boss' house is also not a part of the new project. He's also unaware of my current status in the group.

Potential new hire would be a replacement for a former colleague who wised up and got the heck out of Dodge earlier this year. I had a couple of conversations with him, and he seems nice enough. Ironically, professionally speaking, I would likely be the person who would have the most to talk about with him. If I was in his position, I'd be wondering why I was not scheduled to meet with the other senior scientist in the lab - especially considering the fact that he met with the senior technician who runs the instruments. Strange, right? I'm sure that my boss, in his arrogance, did not think about how bad that would look.

ETA: the only person from the lab who's attending the event at my boss' house is NuBarbie. None of the other invitees from the lab are attending as far as I know. Again, how does that look to an interviewee?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DevilWearsPrada2.0
PWing School Professor

Post by DevilWearsPrada2.0 » September 21st, 2011, 3:14 am

Ron Artest was voted off Dancing With The Stars tonight. He was the first to go.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 22nd, 2011, 4:46 am

He ain't heavy, he's my brother...
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 22nd, 2011, 8:02 pm

I've changed jobs often...
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 23rd, 2011, 1:04 am

YmoBeThere wrote:I've changed jobs often...
I haven't. Friday morning I will meet my new fellow employees. After 26 years and 5 months, I will be starting with a new employer on 10/1. My boss is retiring and selling her practice. The words I've been living out - courtesy of my co-worker who is also going: Change is opportunity disguised as discomfort.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 23rd, 2011, 9:20 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
I haven't. Friday morning I will meet my new fellow employees. After 26 years and 5 months, I will be starting with a new employer on 10/1. My boss is retiring and selling her practice. The words I've been living out - courtesy of my co-worker who is also going: Change is opportunity disguised as discomfort.
Vibes and prayers for a smooth transition! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 23rd, 2011, 12:35 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Wow. I'm impressed! I've never lived in any one town more than 12 years. I can't imagine working for the same employer for 26 and a half years.

In fact, I haven't worked altogether for 26 years, but I do know that I'll be working for the rest of my life.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 23rd, 2011, 1:17 pm

Snoop Dogg is on my profile. I clicked like because Jake made him a Cadillac couch. I need to remove him. I don't "do rap". :D
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 23rd, 2011, 9:20 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I am hoping your new job situation is a good one for you., :ymhug:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 23rd, 2011, 9:29 pm

CB&B & I have been waiting for DukePA to arrive. She just pulled up. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 26th, 2011, 9:13 am

I was thinking DukePA, Stevo and I were going to California next week...not this Wednesday. Yikes...I've only been home for 4 days. :twitch: