LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by ArkieDukie » September 5th, 2011, 11:43 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Go big or go home = 70" TV for me. I currently have a 60" in my basement. What would I do with all that extra screen space?
Yeah, well, 40" is the biggest TV I can fit in the entertainment center that my dad built for me. The second part of that sentence is the key one. I would have to find another use for a gorgeous, handmade by my dad, wild cherry (wood from the family farm) entertainment center if I went for a larger TV.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 5th, 2011, 11:52 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Go big or go home = 70" TV for me. I currently have a 60" in my basement. What would I do with all that extra screen space?
Yeah, well, 40" is the biggest TV I can fit in the entertainment center that my dad built for me. The second part of that sentence is the key one. I would have to find another use for a gorgeous, handmade by my dad, wild cherry (wood from the family farm) entertainment center if I went for a larger TV.
I love big TV's, especially for ball games. :duke:
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » September 5th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
I love big TV's, especially for ball games. :duke:
Out of curiosity, how big is your viewing space, Ymo? The depth of our entertainment area is only 10" so we got a 40" TV and it's plenty big. Frankly, it took a while to adjust to the size. So I'm assuming that your couch is further away from your screen than ours is.
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 5th, 2011, 6:04 pm

It is in my basement, which is 40 feet long and about 20 feet wide and pretty open. So, I'm able to move things around to adjust to the size of the TV.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » September 5th, 2011, 7:06 pm

My dad just got one of the Mitsubishi 75" 3D models. It's not flat screen, it's one of those really narrow rear projection ones. Have to put it on the floor or stand, but the picture is incredible. And let's face it, when you get to that size, hanging it on the wall doesn't really make it any higher than the stand. He's also putting a media room in his new house. He's going to have Dolby 7.1 Surround with a 106" screen running a JVC projector. It's gonna be sweet. :D We're gonna watch Duke basketball in Hi-def down there. I'm drooling already. =p~

@};- @};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 5th, 2011, 7:53 pm

I love Girl's Movie Night. I get to spend an evening with one of my sisters, share a bottle of wine, and watch some movies. The bonus is when the movies turn out to be really good. Last night we went 2 for 2 - both were really good. I would highly recommend Mao's Last Dancer and The Grace Card.
Life is good!
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » September 5th, 2011, 8:17 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:I love Girl's Movie Night. I get to spend an evening with one of my sisters, share a bottle of wine, and watch some movies. The bonus is when the movies turn out to be really good. Last night we went 2 for 2 - both were really good. I would highly recommend Mao's Last Dancer and The Grace Card.
Will be sure that ILJ sees this post. I had seen MLD on the Redbox list and wondered about it out loud. We shall see.
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » September 5th, 2011, 8:25 pm

Lavabe wrote:
DukieInKansas wrote:I love Girl's Movie Night. I get to spend an evening with one of my sisters, share a bottle of wine, and watch some movies. The bonus is when the movies turn out to be really good. Last night we went 2 for 2 - both were really good. I would highly recommend Mao's Last Dancer and The Grace Card.
Will be sure that ILJ sees this post. I had seen MLD on the Redbox list and wondered about it out loud. We shall see.
I had not heard anything about either movie - just read the summary on redbox.com. Both of us looked at available movies and compared our lists - and we both had these on our lists. We were very pleased with our choices - especially as the last 2 Girl's Movie Nights have not been our best choices.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 5th, 2011, 10:02 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:The next 2 weeks will be a crazy. Donna, Henry, Adam and I are going down East. Adam, Henry and Donna are going first to Wilmington on Tuesday to see Jake and a friend of Donna's. I am going to Kenansville later in the day and will visit with a friend. When the kids get back to Kenansville, they will see some friends, then we go to see Dawn, Mark and Max so they can met Henry. Then, off to Emerald Ilse to DukePa's. I will stay until Tuesday and keep Henry so Donna can have some beach time. The kids will leave Friday. Saturday, brunchgate and football. Sunday, I leave for Texas, 6:15 Am flight time, to visit with my cousin and will be gone 11 days. We are going to Austin, San Antonia, Houston and who knows what else. Donna and Henry leave :( Monday to go back home. As I said, crazy!
It was great meeting Henry, the newest Duke fan, and his mom, Donna. Hoping both of them come to this Saturday's tailgate!
They are planning on coming. Adam also. Dawn, Mark and Max are also planning on being there. :) :duke: :duke:
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2011, 2:03 am

I wouldn't bother for a 3D for a while yet. As with all new electronic gizmos, the prices are vastly inflated and the technologies have room for fine-tune improvement. The brightest blooms will fall off the rose within a year or so and the prices will drop.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2011, 9:30 am

Note the time on my above post. (-|

Willie woke me at 12:30am, slinging his head and rubbing on the floor, bed, couch, recliners and any other object he could get in contact with. His ear infection is back with a vengence. It makes my own ears hurt to watch him suffer. When the sedation we gave him wears off, he has to go back to see Dr. Boyce. He was due for a grooming today but that is secondary.

I haven't had enough sleep to feel safe with working today. :Stop: I may have to make up for it with a load this Saturday.
:twitch:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 6th, 2011, 9:34 am

captmojo wrote:Note the time on my above post. (-|

Willie woke me at 12:30am, slinging his head and rubbing on the floor, bed, couch, recliners and any other object he could get in contact with. His ear infection is back with a vengence. It makes my own ears hurt to watch him suffer. When the sedation we gave him wears off, he has to go back to see Dr. Boyce. He was due for a grooming today but that is secondary.

I haven't had enough sleep to feel safe with working today. :Stop: I may have to make up for it with a load this Saturday.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Hope Willie gets to feeling better, but don't work on Saturday!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2011, 9:38 am

Harbor.jpg
What a coincidence!
Newly crowned longest ears.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2011, 9:40 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:... but don't work on Saturday!
May not have a choice. L-) :(
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 6th, 2011, 9:41 am

Vibes for Willie and his ear infection. And also for you and your lack of sleep.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » September 6th, 2011, 9:50 am

lawgrad91 wrote:

Vibes for Willie and his ear infection. And also for you and your lack of sleep.

Ditto from Kansas. I hope Willie is feeling better soon and that you get some sleep - but not in the BUT.
Life is good!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 6th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Bless Willie's heart...and you. You, Captmojo, are a true dog person. I love dogs too. :(
captmojo

Post by captmojo » September 6th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Willie's ear trouble is allergy related. No ear mites or bacteria. Doc put him on daily fish oil chewables, ear drops and cortizone. I was once on milk, cream and alcohol. No, wait. That was John Lee Hooker. B-) $170 later, Willie is resting comfortably.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 6th, 2011, 10:01 pm

captmojo wrote:Willie's ear trouble is allergy related. No ear mites or bacteria. Doc put him on daily fish oil chewables, ear drops and cortizone. I was once on milk, cream and alcohol. No, wait. That was John Lee Hooker. B-) $170 later, Willie is resting comfortably.
Maybe you need pet insurance if this continues. I think it's around 40.00 a month.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 6th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Donna, Henry, Adam and I all got to Emerald Isle with no problems. The weather was wild today. I got 2 inches of rain in an hour at home. I hope Donna and Adam can get some beach time. Of course, I'll take care of Henry. :ymhug: