LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2011, 10:48 am

Miles wrote:Doctor says I have tennis elbow. I have played exactly zero games of tennis year.
An orthopedic surgeon my wife saw about 10 years ago said the same thing about an elbow complaint she had. We hadn't played tennis in > 10 years. Thinks it may have come from her strength/training/aerobics class she was taking at the time. Less reps, lighter weights and Alleve twice a day for a week or so helped her immensely and it has not recurred. We haven't started playing tennis either :ymblushing: . You might have to use your other hand/arm for your Guinness for a while, too :-* .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 25th, 2011, 11:27 am

Miles wrote:Doctor says I have tennis elbow. I have played exactly zero games of tennis year.

My mother always claimed it was ironing elbow. That meant she didn't need to give up tennis but she did need to give up ironing.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 25th, 2011, 11:28 am

My mother claimed her's was ironing elbow instead of tennis elbow. That way she could keep on playing tennis but made the supreme sacrifice of giving up ironing.
Life is good!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 25th, 2011, 11:46 am

devildeac wrote:
An orthopedic surgeon my wife saw about 10 years ago said the same thing about an elbow complaint she had. We hadn't played tennis in > 10 years. Thinks it may have come from her strength/training/aerobics class she was taking at the time. Less reps, lighter weights and Alleve twice a day for a week or so helped her immensely and it has not recurred. We haven't started playing tennis either :ymblushing: . You might have to use your other hand/arm for your Guinness for a while, too :-* .
If it was EJ complaining about "tennis" elbow, I'd suspect other activities/causes for his pain, but not Miles! ;) And the White Falcon plays tennis - he's shown us the pictures/posters =))
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 25th, 2011, 12:51 pm

Bud and Harley just got back from the river. Harley is a happy boy. :O3
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 25th, 2011, 3:56 pm

Could it also be mouse elbow? I get pains when I use my laptop mousepad too much (instead of an external one.)
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 25th, 2011, 4:47 pm

Welcome to the club!
What it actually is is tendonitis.
http://www.greatmedicalsupplies.com/sup ... 207288.htm
These things...and other similar style things, DO WORK...all the way up to your shoulder. :-BD I've got bands with an air bladder compression point, one with a magnet, one with nothing and one that has a pocket that holds my cell phone, using the phone itself, as it's compressor.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Another day, another bailout...

NuBarbie was helping a colleague tune one of our instruments and was making a mess of it. The colleague came to get me; I helped fix it. NuBarbie went back to her office. (I think it ticked her off that my colleague kept saying, "But AD doesn't do it that way!" before coming to get me.) Took a couple of hours to fix things, mostly because I was coaching my colleague through the process. Somebody's gotta know how to do things if I ever find a new job.

My colleague was going to be sure to report to the boss that I helped fix the instrument. :ymdevil:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 25th, 2011, 10:58 pm

I have a confession to make: I have become a spork addict. I have been posting OY in an effort to collect sporks, and I've been giving sporks in order to collect more from others. Not only that, I have found myself attempting to give sporks for especially good posts here. Am I doomed? Is there a cure? :-s
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 25th, 2011, 11:38 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a confession to make: I have become a spork addict. I have been posting OY in an effort to collect sporks, and I've been giving sporks in order to collect more from others. Not only that, I have found myself attempting to give sporks for especially good posts here. Am I doomed? Is there a cure? :-s
1. Yes, you are doomed.
2. Nope. No cure.

You have "officially" become a "spork whore." Join the club.

=)) =))

We'll have our 1st official meeting when you come to a Brunchgate this fall.

:spork: :spork: :spork: :spork: :spork:

There, will that take care of you for a while?

;;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 26th, 2011, 2:21 am

It has been so long, I've forgotten how to find OY.
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 26th, 2011, 6:04 am

I've found it, but...I just ain't too concerned. Good source of news, though.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 26th, 2011, 8:55 am

A week from today, our granddaughter, Donna and great grandson, Henry, are flying in from Minneapolis.We are so excited. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Miles
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by Miles » August 26th, 2011, 9:01 am

I think I put my body through a lot of trauma when Kelly and I were landscaping the back yard. I pulled hundreds of feet of vine from the trees which required a ton of grip strength and lots of pulling and yanking. Both hands were numb for almost numb for two weeks and I could barely type without tingling sensation starting. About six weeks, I tweaked my elbow lifting weights. I immediately backed off the weights, but it's never really healed. Now I'm taking Meloxicam, massaging with ice four times daily and trying my best to rest the elbow. That's really hard considering Kelly can't contribute to any heavy lifting or exercise for another two weeks.

The bummer about lateral epicondylitis (I refuse to call it tennis elbow anymore) is that it's in my left elbow and I'm left-handed. After a while of not using my arm, I tend to forget that I have any issues and I'll try to pick something up with my left arm and it feels like it might fall off at the elbow. Such a silly sounding injury that royally sucks.

Hope there's not a lot of limbs to clean up after this weekend.
sMiles
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 26th, 2011, 9:36 am

Miles wrote:I think I put my body through a lot of trauma when Kelly and I were landscaping the back yard. I pulled hundreds of feet of vine from the trees which required a ton of grip strength and lots of pulling and yanking. Both hands were numb for almost numb for two weeks and I could barely type without tingling sensation starting. About six weeks, I tweaked my elbow lifting weights. I immediately backed off the weights, but it's never really healed. Now I'm taking Meloxicam, massaging with ice four times daily and trying my best to rest the elbow. That's really hard considering Kelly can't contribute to any heavy lifting or exercise for another two weeks.

The bummer about lateral epicondylitis (I refuse to call it tennis elbow anymore) is that it's in my left elbow and I'm left-handed. After a while of not using my arm, I tend to forget that I have any issues and I'll try to pick something up with my left arm and it feels like it might fall off at the elbow. Such a silly sounding injury that royally sucks.

Hope there's not a lot of limbs to clean up after this weekend.
And you're wondering WHY your elbow hurts? Sheesh! =)) Seriously, you over did the yard work! Avoid that at all costs!

Hope it feels better soon. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 26th, 2011, 1:21 pm

I do not know why I resist the urge to peek at posts that my "ignore" button has already handled for me.

Just sayin'. . .

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Turk
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Turk » August 26th, 2011, 5:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I have a confession to make: I have become a spork addict. I have been posting OY in an effort to collect sporks, and I've been giving sporks in order to collect more from others. Not only that, I have found myself attempting to give sporks for especially good posts here. Am I doomed? Is there a cure? :-s
I must admit I am a recreational sporker. Unfortunately, if I go OY and am in the mood for some good sporking, my offers are usually rejected because I am not a promiscuous enough sporker. I like seeing the CT group getting good spork.
"The idea is that you are better today than you were yesterday."
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 26th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Meloxicam? There has to be a good joke in there somewhere. Not trying to make light of your situation, Miles. But the name Meloxicam baffles me. Have they run out of good drug names?
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 26th, 2011, 6:38 pm

I tend to avoid yard work. To the detriment of my lawn. I'm going to have to do a lot to it this fall to get it back into shape.
Miles

Post by Miles » August 26th, 2011, 7:12 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Meloxicam? There has to be a good joke in there somewhere. Not trying to make light of your situation, Miles. But the name Meloxicam baffles me. Have they run out of good drug names?
Ha! If you can find a good joke anywhere, I'm down. :-)

The brand name is Mobic, which actually sounds kinda cool and plays up it's intended use.
sMiles