LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2011, 9:15 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Hernia surgery tomorrow, woohoo! Lots of fun.
Ouch! I hope all goes well for you.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 19th, 2011, 9:33 am

DevilAlumna wrote:
Ouch. Hope everything goes smoothly, including recovery. Take your pain meds.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Be careful with your pain meds. I passed out after my 2nd and 3rd doses taken in the prescribed manner 4-6 hours apart. I quit taking them after the 3rd one and went with 400 mg advil every 6-8 hours and applied ice packs to the incision. Worked wonders. Start a thread like some other nitwit did here 25 months ago and keep up up to date on all your adventures. Good luck. Sitting on your NCAA 2010 Championship cushion and watching highlights of Heyward missing his shot should help ease any discomfort :D :ymdevil: .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 19th, 2011, 10:19 am

I hope it goes (went?) smoothly and quickly. Vibes and prayers for a quick and full recovery.
Life is good!
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » August 19th, 2011, 1:38 pm

Vibes to Ymo!!!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 19th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Vibes that your doing well and get over it fast. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 19th, 2011, 7:42 pm

We're home, safe and sound. It's great to be home with Harley. :O3
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 19th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We're home, safe and sound. It's great to be home with Harley. :O3
Welcome home! Hugs to y'all and to Harley! :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 19th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Thanks all! Everything went well and so far the pain meds have been doing their job well. Sports(b-ball, baseball and NASCAR) and movies are on the docket for the weekend.

VDB, I understand the joy of being home with your pet, I have been joined on the couch this afternoon by a rotating cast of cats saying hello and catching some zzzz's.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 19th, 2011, 10:32 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Thanks all! Everything went well and so far the pain meds have been doing their job well. Sports(b-ball, baseball and NASCAR) and movies are on the docket for the weekend.

VDB, I understand the joy of being home with your pet, I have been joined on the couch this afternoon by a rotating cast of cats saying hello and catching some zzzz's.
Glad to hear you are doing well, Ymo! Continued vibes, and continued napping cats! :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 20th, 2011, 12:05 am

Sleepless in Cincy, must be the 2+ hours I was knocked out this morning. Oh, and the intermittent napping all afternoon.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2011, 1:11 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Sleepless in Cincy, must be the 2+ hours I was knocked out this morning. Oh, and the intermittent napping all afternoon.
I sincerely hope it's better than this:

First, thanks to my visitors (Tillie, DinK and Ozzie) last PM after their Ale House visit. Glad you could see clearly enough to make it to our abode from I-540. Mrs. DD and DD Daughter #2 enjoyed meeting DinK and seeing Tilly and Ozzie again and wish them all well/safety during their journeys today.

Now, onto the more painful matter of hernia repair.

Surgery went well/was successful as were the several hours after the procedure, both at the ho(r)s(e)pital and at home last evening. The "fun" started about 415 AM as I tried to return to bed from the porcelin fixture. I not only passed out once, but did it a second time after foolishly trying to stand up again after the 1st episode. Yea, and that's behavior from a cardiologist . The second one, right in front of my wife, in the dark, prompted screams from her that she was calling 911. I had restored enough cerebral bloodflow at that point, to tell her not to do that as it was a simple fainting episode and all I needed was to have my groggy carcass returned to bed (after some juice, water, another percocet and a cereal bar) which was accomplished after about an hour. That worked until about 8 AM when I awoke for the day and proceeded to scare the @$&* outta her again as I crumpled to the floor whilst stumbling to the commode again. After some delicious juice and another cereal bar, water and percocet, and continuing to feel woozy, we finally figgered out that perhaps it wasn't related to the surgery (though the pain was moderate), dehydration or lack of nourishment. We concluded (with a phone call to the surgeon) that it was probably the damn narcotic. The next round of pain relief was 400 mg of ibuprofen and an ice pack and that has worked well most of the day. We have arrived safely (and sorely ) at the coast but are FAR away from the Wild Ladies of CT. I'll enjoy an ale (no more percocet for me!), another 400 mg of ibuprofen, a small snack and another ice pack to the area before retiring for the night, hopefully recovered enough for a couple long walks on the beach tomorrow.

I don't know what EarlJam-like experiences others have had, but I am not sure I'll ever take another narcotic after that experience.

For those who may have forgotten, either intentionally or unintentionally:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=524&p=14377&hilit=h ... ery#p14377

:(( :((

Great ghosts of Lavabe!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 20th, 2011, 5:29 am

DD,

I believe my experience has been better than your experience so far post-op. I'm still early into it but haven't had the pain killer side effects. Now, years ago when I had my wisdom teeth out, I did have a passing out episode. Right on the floor. Felt like I was walking on air right before I went flopping to the ground.

Brian
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 20th, 2011, 7:59 am

I LIKE MORPHINE. @-) :happy-bouncyblue: @-) :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 20th, 2011, 8:03 am

Percodan :jester: made :pickle: me :happy-jumpeveryone: hallucinate. :character-ariel:

But, there was no pain! :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » August 20th, 2011, 7:26 pm

In my son's room finishing off a hard cider (gluten sensitive = no beer) while my husband's coworkers hang out in the living room after a nice dinner of grilled ribeye roast, salmon, roasted peppers and asparagus. It all turned out well although I was kind of nervous about the roast--I'm still new at large cuts of meat on the grill.

Happy and happily buzzed with a son that appears to be asleep. Woo-freakin-hoo!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2011, 8:03 pm

bluebutton wrote:In my son's room finishing off a hard cider (gluten sensitive = no beer) while my husband's coworkers hang out in the living room after a nice dinner of grilled ribeye roast, salmon, roasted peppers and asparagus. It all turned out well although I was kind of nervous about the roast--I'm still new at large cuts of meat on the grill.

Happy and happily buzzed with a son that appears to be asleep. Woo-freakin-hoo!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
:ymapplause: :-BD
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 20th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Good day today, got to eat lunch with DD and pop into DukePA's and enjoy a beer. (And taste a yummy cosmopolitan) :happy-bouncyblue:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 20th, 2011, 8:35 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Good day today, got to eat lunch with DD and pop into DukePA's and enjoy a beer. (And taste a yummy cosmopolitan) :happy-bouncyblue:
Seconded on the lunch but WAAAAAY too much food brought on an extended nap this afternoon. Caramel Porter review tomorrow from the CB&B trader so I'll have to make his a 7 pack next time :)) . Mencocino Imperial Barleywine tonight. Why they call it "imperial" I am not sure. Previously reviewed, so just sip and enjoy tonight without any note-taking.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 20th, 2011, 8:49 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Thanks all! Everything went well and so far the pain meds have been doing their job well. Sports(b-ball, baseball and NASCAR) and movies are on the docket for the weekend.

Nice to hear your doing well. Hope it continues and I'm sure it will. I love cats too. :ymhug:
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 20th, 2011, 8:53 pm

devildeac wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Sleepless in Cincy, must be the 2+ hours I was knocked out this morning. Oh, and the intermittent napping all afternoon.
I sincerely hope it's better than this:

First, thanks to my visitors (Tillie, DinK and Ozzie) last PM after their Ale House visit. Glad you could see clearly enough to make it to our abode from I-540. Mrs. DD and DD Daughter #2 enjoyed meeting DinK and seeing Tilly and Ozzie again and wish them all well/safety during their journeys today.

Now, onto the more painful matter of hernia repair.

Surgery went well/was successful as were the several hours after the procedure, both at the ho(r)s(e)pital and at home last evening. The "fun" started about 415 AM as I tried to return to bed from the porcelin fixture. I not only passed out once, but did it a second time after foolishly trying to stand up again after the 1st episode. Yea, and that's behavior from a cardiologist . The second one, right in front of my wife, in the dark, prompted screams from her that she was calling 911. I had restored enough cerebral bloodflow at that point, to tell her not to do that as it was a simple fainting episode and all I needed was to have my groggy carcass returned to bed (after some juice, water, another percocet and a cereal bar) which was accomplished after about an hour. That worked until about 8 AM when I awoke for the day and proceeded to scare the @$&* outta her again as I crumpled to the floor whilst stumbling to the commode again. After some delicious juice and another cereal bar, water and percocet, and continuing to feel woozy, we finally figgered out that perhaps it wasn't related to the surgery (though the pain was moderate), dehydration or lack of nourishment. We concluded (with a phone call to the surgeon) that it was probably the damn narcotic. The next round of pain relief was 400 mg of ibuprofen and an ice pack and that has worked well most of the day. We have arrived safely (and sorely ) at the coast but are FAR away from the Wild Ladies of CT. I'll enjoy an ale (no more percocet for me!), another 400 mg of ibuprofen, a small snack and another ice pack to the area before retiring for the night, hopefully recovered enough for a couple long walks on the beach tomorrow.

I don't know what EarlJam-like experiences others have had, but I am not sure I'll ever take another narcotic after that experience.

For those who may have forgotten, either intentionally or unintentionally:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=524&p=14377&hilit=h ... ery#p14377

:(( :((

Great ghosts of Lavabe!
Was I supposed to plan a trip to Cincinnati and forgot?
Life is good!