LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 13th, 2011, 3:10 pm

There's a show on Spike network this summer called Bar Rescue, starring Jon Taffer. I knew Jon as a kid growing up in Great Neck. His show is a pretty good. Sunday nights at 10 pm, when not much else is on. Here's an extended preview of this week's show.
http://www.spike.com/video-clips/zayq3z ... -so-swanky
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 13th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Had a great dinner tonight with CathyCA and a friend tonight, we ate on a boat in Beaufort! I brought chicken I had smoked on the grill during the day. The food was good, the setting was better, and the company was the best. Now I'm at home watching the Panthers play their first game, what a great day!
TownCreekSunset.jpg
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2011, 9:42 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Had a great dinner tonight with CathyCA and a friend tonight, we ate on a boat in Beaufort! I brought chicken I had smoked on the grill during the day. The food was good, the setting was better, and the company was the best. Now I'm at home watching the Panthers play their first game, what a great day!
TownCreekSunset.jpg
Very nice picture, CB&B. Do I sense a painting? That picture would make a great one IMO. Love the composition. You've got a great eye. It's almost like you're a really talented artist or something. ;) :D
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » August 13th, 2011, 9:49 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:Had a great dinner tonight with CathyCA and a friend tonight, we ate on a boat in Beaufort! I brought chicken I had smoked on the grill during the day. The food was good, the setting was better, and the company was the best. Now I'm at home watching the Panthers play their first game, what a great day!
Had a great lunch today with Arkie and Throaty.
We ate at Blueberry Hill, in St. Louis, by WashU. We all had burgers. I had mine with O'Fallon Wheach... on draught.
Dessert with Arkie consisted of the Magnificent Mocha MUNY concrete at Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard stand.
Company and setting was the best. Many thanks to throaty and Arkie for a wonderful lunch!! :D :happy-bouncyblue:
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 13th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Lavabe wrote:
Had a great lunch today with Arkie and Throaty.
We ate at Blueberry Hill, in St. Louis, by WashU. We all had burgers. I had mine with O'Fallon Wheach... on draught.
Dessert with Arkie consisted of the Magnificent Mocha MUNY concrete at Ted Drewe's Frozen Custard stand.
Company and setting was the best. Many thanks to throaty and Arkie for a wonderful lunch!! :D :happy-bouncyblue:
It was fun, wasn't it?

I told you the Magical MUNY Mocha concrete was good stuff. Glad you agreed! :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2011, 9:54 am

My horoscope for today. How apropos is this?!

"Okay, so you might not exactly be in love with your career right now, but there is a very bright light shining in your professional future. You are paying into an account of goodwill that will start to show handsome returns very soon, so just keep plugging away. You will get what you deserve. It's important for you to keep thinking about your goals, and not to get too emotional about your current situation. There's no reason to feel hopeless -- in fact, you have every reason to feel hopeful!"
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 14th, 2011, 10:05 am

ArkieDukie wrote:My horoscope for today. How apropos is this?!

"Okay, so you might not exactly be in love with your career right now, but there is a very bright light shining in your professional future. You are paying into an account of goodwill that will start to show handsome returns very soon, so just keep plugging away. You will get what you deserve. It's important for you to keep thinking about your goals, and not to get too emotional about your current situation. There's no reason to feel hopeless -- in fact, you have every reason to feel hopeful!"
ArkieDukie wrote:
OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:The most recent development: I just received a response from the Research Integrity office. Based upon the email I forwarded, they feel that PPI is addressing my concerns and there's no need for them to get involved at this time.
Thoughts? Comments? It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of someone on the outside of this situation.
1. You're about to become PPI's best friend and most trusted associate of all time.
-or-
2. You're up shit's creek without a paddle.

I hope it's #1.
Thanks, Ozzie; so do I.
Maybe it IS #1. Or one heckuva job offer from somewhere else! :D :happy-bouncyblue:

captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 14th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Back is a bit better. Now, the weather is offering a window of opportunity to do some grass mowing up on the mountain.

Off to Vesta! :auto-driving: :chores-mowlawn:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 14th, 2011, 2:46 pm

You deserve everything your horoscope is telling you. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 14th, 2011, 2:52 pm

I just made my flight reservation to Texas to visit my cousin. I also made reservations for Bud and I to NYC for the December BB game. :duke: :duke: :duke: I'm excited!!! :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 14th, 2011, 6:05 pm

captmojo wrote:Back is a bit better. Now, the weather is offering a window of opportunity to do some grass mowing up on the mountain.

Off to Vesta! :auto-driving: :chores-mowlawn:
Capt, glad your back is better. Did you get up the mountain far enough to see what was left of Meadows of Dan School? It was a pretty WPA-built school, still in use (125 students from K-7th grade! talk about small class size) and burned down over the weekend.
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 14th, 2011, 9:14 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:

You deserve everything your horoscope is telling you. :happy-bouncyblue:
Thanks, VDB!
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » August 15th, 2011, 6:51 am

Random gratuitous post. Sorry, no nudity here CB&B.
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 15th, 2011, 7:52 am

YmoBeThere wrote:Random gratuitous post. Sorry, no nudity here CB&B.
How about more pictures of the naked car that you are restoring? :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2011, 8:18 am

Dammit. Well here's some.

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » August 15th, 2011, 8:32 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
Dammit. Well here's some.

Was she your "boat date" for the weekend? 8-|
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 15th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I dropped the charge on the one-legged guy for kicking his neighbor.

Courthouse scuttlebutt is that his legal troubles are far from over....
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 15th, 2011, 3:41 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:I dropped the charge on the one-legged guy for kicking his neighbor.

Oh, do tell!

(I'm enjoying trying to picture a one-legged guy kick his neighbor. Did he hop over there, flop down on his bottom and then begin kicking up at the neighbor with his leg?)

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » August 15th, 2011, 3:50 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:I dropped the charge on the one-legged guy for kicking his neighbor.

Oh, do tell!

(I'm enjoying trying to picture a one-legged guy kick his neighbor. Did he hop over there, flop down on his bottom and then begin kicking up at the neighbor with his leg?)

:9f:
I can take ya!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 15th, 2011, 3:57 pm

The charge couldn't stand up, huh? :))