CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Sigh.

This has not been a fun day.

I wish I knew what was wrong with me.
:9f:
Not a damn thing. :happy-bouncyblue: :wizard: :wizard: :ymhug:
Thank you! :ymhug:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CathyCA » August 7th, 2011, 5:48 am

DukieInKansas wrote:

I will add my voice to the mix - nothing is wrong with you, you are fantastic. Vibes heading your way that you soon feel this too.
Thank you. I'm working on attaining that feeling.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 7th, 2011, 5:49 am

DevilAlumna wrote:

I know days like that.

:ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:

:twocents: Some times, it's okay to feel crummy & out of sorts - it's even okay to embrace it and pamper yourself appropriately. I vote either a) energetic - go out, go shopping, get a pedicure, drive fast to your favorite music; or b) laidback - massage, favorite sappy movie on DVD, and a bottle of wine. With either option, don't forget the chocolate or other favorite dessert of choice. Calling your best friend is also a good thing. :ymhug:

:duke:
Those are all great ideas, DA! I did have a glass of wine while talking to one of my besties last night. Talking out the problem made me feel so much better.

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » August 7th, 2011, 1:37 pm

devildeac wrote:

WTH is this supposed to be?
This was recently adopted by the NCDOT. It should appear at intersections all over the state very soon.

It is to indicate that a 'rolling stop' (the California stop) is okay. :D :liar: :twitch:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 7th, 2011, 4:19 pm

captmojo wrote:It is to indicate that a 'rolling stop' (the California stop) is okay. :D :liar: :twitch:
I always thought it was known as the California Roll...(sort of like what they serve at sushi places).
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 7th, 2011, 7:49 pm

We are home.

Sasha got a hair cut during her stay at the dog spa, and once again looks like a Schnauzer.
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 7th, 2011, 7:54 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:once again looks like a Schnauzer.
Is she actually a Schnauzer?
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 7th, 2011, 8:59 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:once again looks like a Schnauzer.
Is she actually a Schnauzer?
A miniature Schnauzer (Countess Sasha von Barketta is her full name).

When we left her she looked like a mop.
Iron Duke #1471997.
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » August 7th, 2011, 9:52 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: A miniature Schnauzer (Countess Sasha von Barketta is her full name).

When my dad was in Vietnam, mom got a mini schnauzer to keep her company -- Lady Pandora de Coquette, aka "Pandy." She was used to being the only family member, until we kids came along. Pandy tolerated us, but was smart enough to figure out which toys belonged to which kid, and destroy them appropriately in retaliation.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 7th, 2011, 10:27 pm

DevilAlumna wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote: A miniature Schnauzer (Countess Sasha von Barketta is her full name).

When my dad was in Vietnam, mom got a mini schnauzer to keep her company -- Lady Pandora de Coquette, aka "Pandy." She was used to being the only family member, until we kids came along. Pandy tolerated us, but was smart enough to figure out which toys belonged to which kid, and destroy them appropriately in retaliation.
:)) Schnauzers are smart, and devious. Sasha has been known to notice that Merlin (who weighs about 3 times what she does) has a chewie she wants, then run to the door barking wildly. When Merlin goes to the door to bark, she grabs his chewie and hides.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » August 8th, 2011, 2:59 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
:)) Schnauzers are smart, and devious. Sasha has been known to notice that Merlin (who weighs about 3 times what she does) has a chewie she wants, then run to the door barking wildly. When Merlin goes to the door to bark, she grabs his chewie and hides.

My brother and sister-in-law have a Miniature Australian Shepherd and have become good friends with a girl who adopted another dog from the same litter. The two dogs were apart for about two weeks after being brought home from the breeder. They dogsit for each other constantly and the two dogs are so used to being around each other that they get sulky for a day or two when they are separated. They are happiest when they and their owners are together as they feel their pack is complete.

Jes, the girl who owns the sister, was at my brother and sister-in-law's one day and Aesop (the sister) was sitting between Jes and Jen (my sister-in-law) on the couch. Sidney (my brother and sister-in-law's dog) must have decided he wanted to be on the couch because he ran to the door barking has arse off. Aesop jumped up and ran over to see what was going on and, as soon as she did, Sidney turned and ran over to the couch, jumped up to where Aesop had been sitting, and lay there grinning.

A couple of weeks ago Jes was dogsitting Sidney as my brother and Jen were out of town. She was walking the dogs down by Lake Ontario when Jes' hat blew off in the wind. Sidney stopped and looked at her, looked at the hat which was now in the water, looked back at Jes, looked back at the hat, and then took off into the water to retrieve the hat. By the time he came out of the water with the hat in his mouth people who had been walking by and who had seen what he had done were cheering and clapping for him. According to Jes he strutted around proud as a peacock when he realized all of the recognition he was getting for retrieving the hat.

Sometimes the intelligence of dogs astounds me.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 8th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Hard to follow a post like that. I guess that is why there hasn't been one in quite a while.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » August 8th, 2011, 8:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote: :)) Schnauzers are smart, and devious. Sasha has been known to notice that Merlin (who weighs about 3 times what she does) has a chewie she wants, then run to the door barking wildly. When Merlin goes to the door to bark, she grabs his chewie and hides.
Bulldogs, on the other hand -- dumb as a post, but very lovable. :)
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 8th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Generally, cats are not regarding as being very bright.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2011, 10:07 pm

I love dogs!! :ymhug: :O3
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 8th, 2011, 10:12 pm

It's nice to be home. We had a fun trip. We'll be going back to the mountains in Oct. That's when the church makes apple butter, the big fun raiser. We always have a great time with this.It's a very small church. Tony, the preacher, has 3 churches to take care of.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2011, 10:24 pm

I've decided I want to use some more vacation days and take at least a week off from work. Maybe I can reschedule the same trip I tried to take last fall.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » August 8th, 2011, 11:07 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've decided I want to use some more vacation days and take at least a week off from work. Maybe I can reschedule the same trip I tried to take last fall.
That would be great! You've got a ticket and tailgate coming to you if you do! :D :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » August 8th, 2011, 11:14 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've decided I want to use some more vacation days and take at least a week off from work. Maybe I can reschedule the same trip I tried to take last fall.
YAY!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

My husband doesn't have the workplace from hell like you do, but he's wrapping up a big project this week and I'm hounding him to take a vacation -- which for him apparently will consist of crossing off old todos. :-? I don't get it, but whatever works for him.

Rest well, recuperate, and enjoy!!
:dance: :dance: :clap: :clap: :-BD :-BD
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 8th, 2011, 11:53 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
That would be great! You've got a ticket and tailgate coming to you if you do! :D :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Suggestions? Which game should I come to?

I plan to ask for time off by stating that I've rescheduled the vacation I had to cancel last fall.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein