Would you pull for UNC?

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

robertduke32
Part Time Student at PWing school

Would you pull for UNC?

Post by robertduke32 » March 22nd, 2011, 9:28 pm

So I had an interesting and surprisingly in-depth conversation today with the Tar Holes that I work with and some of my customers. Here is the gist:

If UNC wins over Marquette and Ohio State wins to setup that Elite 8 matchup, would you pull for UNC to defeat Ohio St. to better Duke's chances at winning in the Final Four? The thinking here is that we matchup much better with the Tar Holes than Ohio St. and would have a better chance. Even though their motives are trying to get me to say I would actually pull for Carowhina (no way in HELL :flame: ), it is a fair question to ponder.

Discuss :duke:
wilson
PWing School Professor

Re: Would you pull for UNC?

Post by wilson » March 22nd, 2011, 9:30 pm

robertduke32 wrote:So I had an interesting and surprisingly in-depth conversation today with the Tar Holes that I work with and some of my customers. Here is the gist:

If UNC wins over Marquette and Ohio State wins to setup that Elite 8 matchup, would you pull for UNC to defeat Ohio St. to better Duke's chances at winning in the Final Four? The thinking here is that we matchup much better with the Tar Holes than Ohio St. and would have a better chance. Even though their motives are trying to get me to say I would actually pull for Carowhina (no way in HELL :flame: ), it is a fair question to ponder.

No. I will not root for unc in any sport under any circumstances. Plus, while you're probably right that we match up better against them than against Ohio State, the ulcer factor during the preceding week far outweighs that in my opinion. :9f:
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 22nd, 2011, 9:36 pm

NOT in about an eternity! :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 22nd, 2011, 9:39 pm

No.
And I don't want to ever face the holes in the tournament. Ever. :9f:
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 22nd, 2011, 9:44 pm

OMG, no!

Never, at any time, under any circumstances whatsoever, would I pull for unc.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Rolvix
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Rolvix » March 22nd, 2011, 10:25 pm

NO.

Now that I've answered the question in the topic, let me go back and read the OP's post.
Class of 2014
Rolvix

Post by Rolvix » March 22nd, 2011, 10:26 pm

Still, NO.
Class of 2014
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 22nd, 2011, 10:29 pm

No %#@&ing way. Ever.

15000 of those bandwagon bastards at the Time Warner Arena on Sunday afternoon cheering louder against Duke than for their own band of knaves convinced me again (like I really needed convincing) that I would never, ever root for them under any circumstances. Gimme Stalin, Quadaffi, Amin, Mao, Satan and :hitler: and I'll root for the all-time axis-of-evils team against unc.

Did I make myself abundantly clear?
:Angry Orc: :obscene-birdiedoublered:

I'll take tOSU as our foe in the NC semi-final game if we win Thursday and Saturday this week and trust K to prepare for them well with 6 days of planning and practice.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 23rd, 2011, 12:18 am

devildeac wrote:No %#@&ing way. Ever.

15000 of those bandwagon bastards at the Time Warner Arena on Sunday afternoon cheering louder against Duke than for their own band of knaves convinced me again (like I really needed convincing) that I would never, ever root for them under any circumstances. Gimme Stalin, Quadaffi, Amin, Mao, Satan and :hitler: and I'll root for the all-time axis-of-evils team against unc.

I'll take tOSU as our foe in the NC semi-final game if we win Thursday and Saturday this week and trust K to prepare for them well with 6 days of planning and practice.
Sadly, DD, I would pull for your team over either unc and osu. If they play each other, I will be rooting for the meteor - and 5 OTs to benefit whoever plays the winner in the next game.

Can you tell I was raised by a Michigan fan?

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :wolverine: :wolverine: :wolverine: :wolverine: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
Life is good!
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 23rd, 2011, 8:58 am

Carolina can go to hell.

And you can bet that I'll cheer for DD's all-time axis-of-evil team when they meet the 'holes there.

:9f: :9f: :9f:
Jesus_hurley

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 23rd, 2011, 9:02 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
devildeac wrote:No %#@&ing way. Ever.

Sadly, DD, I would pull for your team over either unc and osu. If they play each other, I will be rooting for the meteor - and 5 OTs to benefit whoever plays the winner in the next game.

Can you tell I was raised by a Michigan fan?

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :wolverine: :wolverine: :wolverine: :wolverine: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
I'm hoping for a bench clearing brawl that ends up with all scholarship players from the winning team suspended for the remainder of the season. Or a meteor.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 23rd, 2011, 9:24 am

robertduke32 wrote:So I had an interesting and surprisingly in-depth conversation today with the Tar Holes that I work with and some of my customers. Here is the gist:

NO. NICHT. NEIN. NEVER. NO WAY. HELL NO. NO. GOD NO. AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. NO. LASTLY, NO. NO WAIT, HELL NO!!! NEVER!!!!

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
robertduke32

Post by robertduke32 » March 23rd, 2011, 11:39 am

This is what I expected. People of my own heart and mind. I love you guys :ymhug:

DD, I used to infuriate my parents starting when I was 9, 10 years old telling them that I would pull for the Russians against any UNC team. This was during the 'Cold War' around 1980 when we were boycotting the Olympics there and not far after the 1972 basketball fiasco. To this day my Mom still gets in a tizzy because of those beliefs... :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

GTHc, GTH!!

:9f: :9f: :9f: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 25th, 2011, 7:33 pm

robertduke32 wrote:This is what I expected. People of my own heart and mind. I love you guys :ymhug:

DD, I used to infuriate my parents starting when I was 9, 10 years old telling them that I would pull for the Russians against any UNC team. This was during the 'Cold War' around 1980 when we were boycotting the Olympics there and not far after the 1972 basketball fiasco. To this day my Mom still gets in a tizzy because of those beliefs... :ymdevil: :ymdevil:

GTHc, GTH!!

I said the same thing during that time. I will NEVER, EVER pull for the fucking holes. I really, really hate them and their flaming asshole fans. :9f: :9f: :9f:
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 25th, 2011, 7:40 pm

DukePA wrote:
robertduke32 wrote:This is what I expected. People of my own heart and mind. I love you guys :ymhug:

GTHc, GTH!!

I said the same thing during that time. I will NEVER, EVER pull for the fucking holes. I really, really hate them and their flaming asshole fans. :9f: :9f: :9f:
I think DukePA is biting her tongue here.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 25th, 2011, 7:44 pm

:D
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 25th, 2011, 9:38 pm

I despise them.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 25th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Their time is up, as of Sunday night. Reality is a bitch, ain't it? :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 26th, 2011, 6:17 am

I think I'll be pulling for Butler and Arizona the rest of the way. I really was impressed by Derrick Williams, and if the team that beat us wins it all, it's not nearly as bad. I really think Williams can eat Sullinger for lunch if they meet. Plus, it would mean that the convicts from Connecticut and the holes of tar had no shot at a title. I REALLY like Butler's spunk, and I think they've got a shot to make at least the Final Four, so I'll be pulling for them.

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 26th, 2011, 3:17 pm

bjornolf wrote:I think I'll be pulling for Butler and Arizona the rest of the way. I really was impressed by Derrick Williams, and if the team that beat us wins it all, it's not nearly as bad. I really think Williams can eat Sullinger for lunch if they meet. Plus, it would mean that the convicts from Connecticut and the holes of tar had no shot at a title. I REALLY like Butler's spunk, and I think they've got a shot to make at least the Final Four, so I'll be pulling for them.

@};-
Go Butler!!! Tomorrow, Go To Hell carolina!!!