LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 20th, 2011, 6:56 pm

I just woke up from a well deserved nap. It was not as easy getting to sleep as it should have been thanks to the game frazzling my nerves.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 20th, 2011, 9:01 pm

When's the last time this joint went two hours-plus with nary a post?
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 20th, 2011, 9:48 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Two people ahead of me in line turned me down on job interviews. X(

But if either had hired me I wouldn't be close enough to Durham to Brunchgate. :ymhug:

Hey! My itouch recognizes the word "Brunchgate"!
:) Good, we would miss you. :duke: :duke: :duke:
Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Bostondevil » March 20th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Andrew's team finished second, so, great finish, but unfortunately they do not move on to Nationals.

And speaking of cheerleaders, on tours at both Duke and Davidson, Andrew managed to find the cutest girl in the group for some quality chat time. I mentioned that the young woman at the Davidson information session was pretty. Andrew responeded with "Yeah, and she had a British accent." He said his favorite thing about Davidson was the Honor code but I wonder.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 20th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Oh, and by the way, at Andrew's high school, Newton North, the cheerleaders don't even come to the basketball games because it's their 'competition season'. I do not approve. Sometimes the way things are in New England mystify me.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 20th, 2011, 11:35 pm

CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I'm at the beach.

:9f:
I'm always at the beach. :D :happy-bouncyblue:
You suck.

No, carowhina fans suck.

They really, really do.
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 21st, 2011, 1:55 am

Bostondevil wrote:Andrew's team finished second, so, great finish, but unfortunately they do not move on to Nationals.

And speaking of cheerleaders, on tours at both Duke and Davidson, Andrew managed to find the cutest girl in the group for some quality chat time. I mentioned that the young woman at the Davidson information session was pretty. Andrew responeded with "Yeah, and she had a British accent." He said his favorite thing about Davidson was the Honor code but I wonder.
Does Davidson still do students' laundry?

Sounds like your son's quite the charmer. Does he do this -- ;;) -- to all the ladies? Or is it just the chivalrous values you've no doubt instilled in him?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 21st, 2011, 7:40 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote: I'm always at the beach. :D :happy-bouncyblue:
You suck.

No, carowhina fans suck.

They really, really do.
Especially the ones who live at the beach!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 21st, 2011, 8:57 am

DD texted me a bunch yesterday during both the unc game and our game. I'm going back through them now, the ones from our game are really funny...especially as the second half wears down. The last 5 minutes of the game can be summarized through DD's texts as "We are fucked"..which is actually a direct quote from one of them. =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 21st, 2011, 9:50 am

CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD texted me a bunch yesterday during both the unc game and our game. I'm going back through them now, the ones from our game are really funny...especially as the second half wears down. The last 5 minutes of the game can be summarized through DD's texts as "We are fucked"..which is actually a direct quote from one of them. =)) =))
Well, I am glad to have been wrong but I sure squirmed and cussed a lot during the last 9 minutes or so as we gacked up almost all of a 15 point lead and they had a couple chances to tie, take the lead or win X( . I like what you texted me about what your reaction/blame would have been had we lost. You could hear the air going out of all 8 or 10 tires on our bus as we stood around possession after possession and quit attacking X( . You could also sense and hear the ~15000 washed-out blue attired, newly-discovered UM fans encouraging their 2nd favorite team in their comeback. I will continue to root for the meteor or sink hole (pun semi-intended) whenever those asshats play, even if they were playing against the all-time evil dictators team.

I thought some of the earlier ones about some of the mass felonies I was contemplating and the condo in the Bahamas were hilarious.You are welcome to share some of them here. Some were to/from CathyCA also.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 21st, 2011, 1:59 pm

Good news, bad news. Bad news is I am sitting on the floor in a class on understanding counter-intuitive behavior in rape victims, so far back I can't tell there is a screen and a Power point.

Good news: wifi works in here! Technology rocks! I can PW for hours, or at least til my battery runs out. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 21st, 2011, 5:11 pm

devildeac wrote:
Well, I am glad to have been wrong but I sure squirmed and cussed a lot during the last 9 minutes or so as we gacked up almost all of a 15 point lead and they had a couple chances to tie, take the lead or win X( .
All I can say is, is it's a damn good thing we didn't have a 17 point lead or we really would have lost yesterday. And you (DD) know it's true and probably thought the same thing at some point too. B-)
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 21st, 2011, 6:28 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Well, I am glad to have been wrong but I sure squirmed and cussed a lot during the last 9 minutes or so as we gacked up almost all of a 15 point lead and they had a couple chances to tie, take the lead or win X( .
All I can say is, is it's a damn good thing we didn't have a 17 point lead or we really would have lost yesterday. And you (DD) know it's true and probably thought the same thing at some point too. B-)
I mentioned the exact same lament to Son of, concerning ...17 margins.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 21st, 2011, 7:09 pm

I had a chill, remembering 17 point leads of years gone by while in observation of the day's contest, from the crow's nest of the Time Warner Arena.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 21st, 2011, 7:33 pm

Another chill was had when leaving, yesterday. We had quickly gotten up to our parking spot, in the BOA parking garage next door to the arena, following the final buzzer. We had gotten out into the line that was to spiral it's way down to the street below. Many motorists were 'trapped' in spaces to the left and right, away from the line-up. Three cars ahead of us, we saw a young lady exit a pickup truck and go forth to converse with a driver in the line. She went back to the truck but turned back and stood in front of the car where the conversation was. She stayed there. She stayed there. RFE. At the front bumper, not moving but then the cars began to. I could not see if she was struck by the car, or if she just happened to jump on the car's hood. The driver of the truck lurched forward then jumped out and ran to the driver's window of the car. Reaching inside, I could not tell what he was grabbing at. I saw no punches thrown.

The line began to move again. The people on the outside jumped into the truck and while all others remained back, the truck got into the line. The driver evidently pressed the panic button on his remote while moving. The horn's intermittent blaring was very irritating. "Hey! Cut it off. You're in line now.", I said to myself. He obliged halfway down.

Somewhere along the way, the woman got out. And when we achieved the gate at street level, she was standing next to a Sherriff's Deputy who was on the phone. The car that I'm certain was in question, was nowhere in sight.

The people from the truck were attired in hole's baby blue. The people in the car did not get out. I didn't see their clothing. The people in the line up are under no requirement to allow others out ahead of them, (I did) but the car driver didn't have the right to move in a possible attempt to hit the obstructing woman.

Okay. Legals, have at it. Your take, please. :-?
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 21st, 2011, 9:02 pm

devildeac wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:DD texted me a bunch yesterday during both the unc game and our game. I'm going back through them now, the ones from our game are really funny...especially as the second half wears down. The last 5 minutes of the game can be summarized through DD's texts as "We are fucked"..which is actually a direct quote from one of them. =)) =))
Well, I am glad to have been wrong but I sure squirmed and cussed a lot during the last 9 minutes or so as we gacked up almost all of a 15 point lead and they had a couple chances to tie, take the lead or win X( . I like what you texted me about what your reaction/blame would have been had we lost. You could hear the air going out of all 8 or 10 tires on our bus as we stood around possession after possession and quit attacking X( . You could also sense and hear the ~15000 washed-out blue attired, newly-discovered UM fans encouraging their 2nd favorite team in their comeback. I will continue to root for the meteor or sink hole (pun semi-intended) whenever those asshats play, even if they were playing against the all-time evil dictators team.

I thought some of the earlier ones about some of the mass felonies I was contemplating and the condo in the Bahamas were hilarious.You are welcome to share some of them here. Some were to/from CathyCA also.
Um, you and I were not texting this weekend.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 21st, 2011, 10:16 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:

That would be me :) here's the transcript:

DPA: We're ready to bail you guys out of jail if y'all find it necessary to smack a few holes. Go DUKE!

DD: Even 4 1st degree murder?

DPA: We'll give y'all a bonus for that!!!

DD: Lol

DPA: Windsor said if you go down for killing one, might as well get most of them : )

DD: What would the sentence b for 15000 of them?

DPA: A condo in the Bahamas!!!

DD: I just PIMP. Lmao

DPA: : D

DD: I am glad Joy is with me. If it was larry, we would already be in cuffs and ankle chains.

DPA: No doubt! We're glad she's there too!

DD: I <3 my wife ;>))

:9f: :9f: :9f:
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » March 21st, 2011, 10:26 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:

Damn. I thought it was you giving me some legal advice about what sentence I would get for the mass destruction of tar-heels, tar-heels nation yesterday at Time Warner Arena (aka smith center south). Musta been DukePA who had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. Sorry.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 22nd, 2011, 12:24 am

devildeac wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote: Well, I am glad to have been wrong but I sure squirmed and cussed a lot during the last 9 minutes or so as we gacked up almost all of a 15 point lead and they had a couple chances to tie, take the lead or win X( . I like what you texted me about what your reaction/blame would have been had we lost. You could hear the air going out of all 8 or 10 tires on our bus as we stood around possession after possession and quit attacking X( . You could also sense and hear the ~15000 washed-out blue attired, newly-discovered UM fans encouraging their 2nd favorite team in their comeback. I will continue to root for the meteor or sink hole (pun semi-intended) whenever those asshats play, even if they were playing against the all-time evil dictators team.

Damn. I thought it was you giving me some legal advice about what sentence I would get for the mass destruction of tar-heels, tar-heels nation yesterday at Time Warner Arena (aka smith center south). Musta been DukePA who had stayed in a Holiday Inn Express the night before. Sorry.
:obscene-smokingweed: :obscene-smokingjoint: :obscene-smokingpimp: :obscene-smokingred: :obscene-smokingsombrero: Great Ghosts of Lavabe.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » March 22nd, 2011, 5:33 am

Look at the bright side of being seeded in the Anaheim bracket...
no Tar Hole ushers at the arena to complain about yelling GTHC, GTH!
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.