LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » March 18th, 2011, 11:34 pm

It is rather appropriate that more than 25% of our total posts have come in this thread!
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 11:37 pm

colchar wrote:It is rather appropriate that more than 25% of our total posts have come in this thread!
Is there any way to list all of our threads in descending order of how many posts are in each?
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 18th, 2011, 11:44 pm

100K! Great job by all. I was out waiting to meet Devildeac for tickets to SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY! at Charlotte. Coach's #900. Devils advance through the dance. Meeshagin goin' down in flames!
Go ahead. Be there Jalen. It would be lovely toe have a surprise. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 18th, 2011, 11:55 pm

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:It is rather appropriate that more than 25% of our total posts have come in this thread!
Is there any way to list all of our threads in descending order of how many posts are in each?

Not sure the software supports that function.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2011, 12:20 am

I'm in The Rock this weekend, visiting my new baby niece. She's so cute! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 19th, 2011, 12:29 am

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm in The Rock this weekend, visiting my new baby niece. She's so cute! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Congrats. And I have to ask - where is The Rock? Up here newfoundland is known as The Rock but I highly doubt that is where you are so I'm curious.
— Samuel Johnson

----------

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 12:32 am

colchar wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:I'm in The Rock this weekend, visiting my new baby niece. She's so cute! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Congrats. And I have to ask - where is The Rock? Up here newfoundland is known as The Rock but I highly doubt that is where you are so I'm curious.
I imagine it's Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas (as in ArkieDukie).
DevilAlumna
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by DevilAlumna » March 19th, 2011, 3:15 am

Yay for new nieces! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 19th, 2011, 3:16 am

DevilAlumna is thrilled that the University of Washington has the opportunity to be the team to bounce UNC from the tourney.

DevilAlumna asks that all CTN'ers say it with her, "Go To Hell, Carolina! Go Dawgs!"
DevilAlumna

Post by DevilAlumna » March 19th, 2011, 3:20 am

"Go Dawgs" is to Washington fans what "Roll Tide" is to Alabama fans. It is perfectly acceptable to say it in passing, in goodbyes, in greeting, in response to, "how's your day," etc.

:laughing-jumpingpurple:

(How nice to find the UW equivalent of :happy-bouncyblue: !)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2011, 7:33 am

wilson wrote:
colchar wrote:

I imagine it's Little Rock, the capital of Arkansas (as in ArkieDukie).
Wilson beat me to it!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2011, 7:34 am

DevilAlumna wrote:DevilAlumna is thrilled that the University of Washington has the opportunity to be the team to bounce UNC from the tourney.

DevilAlumna asks that all CTN'ers say it with her, "Go To Hell, Carolina! Go Dawgs!"
Go to hell, Carolina! Go Dawgs!
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 19th, 2011, 7:39 am

DevilAlumna wrote:Yay for new nieces! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Yes indeed! Yay for our family's second miracle baby. The first was my now 6 yr old nephew, born a year after his mom (my SIL) won her battle with stage 4 Hodgkins lymphoma.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 19th, 2011, 8:04 am

ArkieDukie wrote:
DevilAlumna wrote:Yay for new nieces! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymhug:
Yes indeed! Yay for our family's second miracle baby. The first was my now 6 yr old nephew, born a year after his mom (my SIL) won her battle with stage 4 Hodgkins lymphoma.
Congratulations to the second miracle baby. It's great your sister is doing so well. :ymhug: :ymhug: :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2011, 11:43 am

wilson wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:How can Georgia have a fight song that neither has a curse word nor references drinking?
Interestingly, Georgia Tech's songs, generally speaking, are far more profane, despite the fact that their students, generally speaking, are far dorkier.
Dorkier? How about geekier?

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 11:45 am

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:How can Georgia have a fight song that neither has a curse word nor references drinking?
Interestingly, Georgia Tech's songs, generally speaking, are far more profane, despite the fact that their students, generally speaking, are far dorkier.

Both.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2011, 11:48 am

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:Interestingly, Georgia Tech's songs, generally speaking, are far more profane, despite the fact that their students, generally speaking, are far dorkier.

Both.
Hmm. . . the Georgia Tech grad I'm thinking of is geeky, but not dorky.

When are we going to get our cute little spaceman smiley?

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 19th, 2011, 12:03 pm

My oldest son is on two teams at his high school, the science team and the ultimate frisbee team. We have an ongoing argument as to which is geekier. Then there is always the cross country team to consider. Andrew maintains that ultimate frisbee is the geekiest of the three. They have an A team and a B team. Andrew is on the B team, or, as all the geeks in my house refer to it, the penultimate frisbee team.

The Science Team's big event, the Science Olympiad, is today.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 19th, 2011, 12:09 pm

Bostondevil wrote:My oldest son is on two teams at his high school, the science team and the ultimate frisbee team. We have an ongoing argument as to which is geekier. Then there is always the cross country team to consider. Andrew maintains that ultimate frisbee is the geekiest of the three. They have an A team and a B team. Andrew is on the B team, or, as all the geeks in my house refer to it, the penultimate frisbee team.

Go, Andrew! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Do they bring cheerleaders to the Science Olympiad?
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 12:11 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:My oldest son is on two teams at his high school, the science team and the ultimate frisbee team. We have an ongoing argument as to which is geekier. Then there is always the cross country team to consider. Andrew maintains that ultimate frisbee is the geekiest of the three. They have an A team and a B team. Andrew is on the B team, or, as all the geeks in my house refer to it, the penultimate frisbee team.

Go, Andrew! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Do they bring cheerleaders to the Science Olympiad?
Here's hoping so, for Andrew's sake.
http://www.sciencecheerleader.com/