Re: NCAA Tournament Discussion

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 18th, 2011, 10:45 am

Even the Cardinal was disappointed by Pitino's quick finish in the tournament:

Jesus_hurley
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by Jesus_hurley » March 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Who is everyone cheering for in the Tennessee-Michigan game?
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 18th, 2011, 12:39 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Who is everyone cheering for in the Tennessee-Michigan game?
I want the refs to have a great game. DD just may blow his top.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 18th, 2011, 2:38 pm

Jesus_hurley wrote:Who is everyone cheering for in the Tennessee-Michigan game?
Due to family loyalties, Michigan.

And I picked Morehead State in one of my brackets. I thank them for making me look good. The rest of my brackets have not cooperated that way.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 18th, 2011, 2:52 pm

Wow - what happened to TN in the second half?

That is quite the beating.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 3:02 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:Wow - what happened to TN in the second half?

That is quite the beating.
The issues were twofold:
1. They laid down and died on Bruce "Lame Duck" Pearl.
2. Michigan played very well, independent of anything the opposition did (though indifferent defense had something to do with this).

I did not pick Michigan to win, and I am especially surprised that they won so emphatically. That said, I'm happy. Tennessee definitely scared me more than did Michigan upon release of the brackets.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 18th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Epic fail on the broadcast schedule. Two VA teams played this afternoon, Hampton and George Mason. So who is on the CBS game in the Hampton area? Memphis and Arizona, of course. X( :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Bob Green

Post by Bob Green » March 18th, 2011, 9:26 pm

I'm anxiously awaiting the UW - Georgia game as I'm confident the Huskies have the talent and style of play to beat the Tar Heels. Coach Lorenzo Romar favors tough M2M defense and a guard oriented offensive attack. The Huskies run a lot of high ball screens and shoot the 3-ball. In other words, they play like Duke. Step #1 is to not look ahead to Carolina and take care of business against the Bulldogs, while step #2 is taking it to the Heels in Charlotte!

I've watched many UW games this year and they are a little inconsistent at times (they had a mid-season slump), but when they are clicking, they are a very talented team.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 18th, 2011, 9:30 pm

Bob Green wrote:I'm anxiously awaiting the UW - Georgia game as I'm confident the Huskies have the talent and style of play to beat the Tar Heels. Coach Lorenzo Romar favors tough M2M defense and a guard oriented offensive attack. The Huskies run a lot of high ball screens and shoot the 3-ball. In other words, they play like Duke. Step #1 is to not look ahead to Carolina and take care of business against the Bulldogs, while step #2 is taking it to the Heels in Charlotte!

I've watched many UW games this year and they are a little inconsistent at times (they had a mid-season slump), but when they are clicking, they are a very talented team.
IF they can play defense..they CAN beat the heels..regardless of which team wins. They allowed over 80 points. From a hugely outmatched team. If I were a heel fan, I'd be very nervous.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 18th, 2011, 9:34 pm

The holes have given up 87 to the mighty Blackbirds. Would like to see this game in a truly neutral site. LIU has no bigs but they have put up a fight.

They stressed B sufficiently to cause B to drop an F bomb in my Mom's living room. :ymdevil: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 9:39 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:The holes have given up 87 to the mighty Blackbirds. Would like to see this game in a truly neutral site. LIU has no bigs but they have put up a fight.

They stressed B sufficiently to cause B to drop an F bomb in my Mom's living room. :ymdevil: :9f:
A "meh," good-enough performance for the heels tonight. Lots of points, but inefficient on offense and defense. carolina will need to tighten up significantly on both ends of the court in order to keep winning.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 18th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Great nightcap going in Charlotte so far.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 11:41 am

CathyCA wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Lesley Visser looks like she just crawled out of bed? Her hair looks like a rat's nest, and her makeup is atrocious, although she didn't over-pencil in her eyebrows for a change--that part was nice.

Someone give that woman a hair brush.

:9f:
Well, Cathy, Leslie Visser's makeup looks better today, but this time she's got her hair in some kind of weird swept up, pulled back, poofy back-of-the-head helmet thing.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it if you get a chance to catch any basketball today.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2011, 12:14 pm

wilson wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Has anyone else noticed that Lesley Visser looks like she just crawled out of bed? Her hair looks like a rat's nest, and her makeup is atrocious, although she didn't over-pencil in her eyebrows for a change--that part was nice.

Someone give that woman a hair brush.

Well, Cathy, Leslie Visser's makeup looks better today, but this time she's got her hair in some kind of weird swept up, pulled back, poofy back-of-the-head helmet thing.
Would love to hear your thoughts on it if you get a chance to catch any basketball today.
I missed quite a bit of basketball yesterday because I was driving down to the beach.

I'll look for Lesley today.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2011, 12:15 pm

Paging ILJ.

Jim Spanarkel is on the tube RIGHT NOW!

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 19th, 2011, 12:18 pm

West Virginia/Kentucky is tipping off...I would be hoping for a meteor, but since they are playing <10 miles from my house, that would unwise.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 12:21 pm

windsor wrote:West Virginia/Kentucky is tipping off...I would be hoping for a meteor, but since they are playing <10 miles from my house, that would unwise.
I was just thinking the same thing. I have no clue who to root for here. I'm tempted to say Kentucky, because I think they have the better chance of beating Ohio State and/or carolina, but...ugh. So I guess the alternative is West Virginia, but...ugh.
:duke:
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » March 19th, 2011, 12:25 pm

wilson wrote:
windsor wrote:West Virginia/Kentucky is tipping off...I would be hoping for a meteor, but since they are playing <10 miles from my house, that would unwise.
I was just thinking the same thing. I have no clue who to root for here. I'm tempted to say Kentucky, because I think they have the better chance of beating Ohio State and/or carolina, but...ugh. So I guess the alternative is West Virginia, but...ugh.
:duke:

I got it...SINK HOLE!!! I want a giant Florida SINK HOLE to open up at center court...would take out the players/coaches/refs but most of the fans would survive.

Let's Go Sink Hole clap clap
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
EarlJam
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by EarlJam » March 19th, 2011, 1:20 pm

I'm surprised that no one is bringing up the fact that we are playing Michigan next, and how freakadelic that is considering the recent Fab Five documentary. Emotions could run high in this game.

-EarlJam
Your mama wears combat boots to bed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 19th, 2011, 1:23 pm

EarlJam wrote:I'm surprised that no one is bringing up the fact that we are playing Michigan next, and how freakadelic that is considering the recent Fab Five documentary. Emotions could run high in this game.

-EarlJam
I've heard it brought up a fair amount. I don't think the current players really give a rat's patootie about all that. You can bet Coach K is pounding it into their brains not to care about it.
The other day, when talking to the press after the open practice, Kyrie was asked about the controversy, and he quickly and flatly responded that he had nothing to say about it.
I suspect that that storyline matters a lot more to we the fans than it does to anyone in either locker room.