Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

colchar
PWing School Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by colchar » March 17th, 2011, 1:06 pm

CathyCA wrote:The board is slow today.

:9f:

Yeah, what the hell is everybody doing? Is there a game on somewhere or something?
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 1:49 pm

CathyCA wrote:
wilson wrote:This morning, I got up at 6 am to go to one of those market studies. It was scheduled to run from 7 am to 7pm, for a payment of $200. I figured that was an overestimation of how long it would really take, that it couldn't possibly really run 12 hours. I was told that there was also a chance I'd be released earlier for a lesser payment.
Well, I went in, filled out a survey, ate free breakfast, and then was informed I was being released early. I spent another half hour reading a magazine while they processed a couple of things. Then they came in and handed me my parking validation and a $100 check, for an hour and twenty minutes of doing basically nothing. Now I intend to unapologetically sit on my ass and watch basketball all afternoon.
Good work if you can get it.
You suck.

:D

:9f:
Alrighty then. We are enjoying(?) the same activity.
You suck. I'll blow. We'll balance out. :whistle:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 1:50 pm

And neither of us shall suck or blow as badly as Clemson right now. X(
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 1:53 pm

captmojo wrote:And neither of us shall suck or blow as badly as Clemson right now. X(
I never had my hopes up anyway. WVU is a solid team, and Climpsun has been faceplanting like this for 15 years now.
On a brighter note, Morehead State has a nice early ( very early) lead on Luhvul.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 2:04 pm

wilson wrote:
captmojo wrote:And neither of us shall suck or blow as badly as Clemson right now. X(
I never had my hopes up anyway. WVU is a solid team, and Climpsun has been faceplanting like this for 15 years now.
On a brighter note, Morehead State has a nice early ( very early) lead on Luhvul.
Huh, huh :character-beavisbutthead: . I spell it Looeyvull.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 2:06 pm

I just consumed a delicious reuben sandwich, and am now enjoying the last beer.
Next, I will quickly travel to the grocery, where I will purchase more beers for enjoyment during today's remaining hardwood action.
And lottery tickets.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 2:12 pm

The state of Georgia thanks you for your generous contribution to the education of so many.
It's the most fun a dollar will buy. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 2:16 pm

captmojo wrote:The state of Georgia thanks you for your generous contribution to the education of so many.
Actually, it'll be three or four dollars...I always buy multiples. May as well; it's up to $201 million, and someone has to win eventually.
I will definitely derive $3-4 worth of pleasure from daydreaming about what I'd do with all that scarole.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 2:17 pm

wilson wrote:
captmojo wrote:The state of Georgia thanks you for your generous contribution to the education of so many.
Actually, it'll be three or four dollars...I always buy multiples. May as well; it's up to $201 million, and someone has to win eventually.
I will definitely derive $3-4 worth of pleasure from daydreaming about what I'd do with all that scarole.
And also, the Hope Scholarship is in pretty serious financial trouble these days, so it's the least I can do to pitch in a few bucks so some of the kiddies can go to college.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Mojo, if we keep this up for a while, we're gonna put a pretty serious dent in the march to 100,000 today.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I was beginning to think the same thing. But damn, I am starting to get sleepy. The combination of a turkey sandwich and oafish Clemson/WVa BB is starting to knock me out. I want to see the tiggers come back but I think I've goota check out Butler/OD.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 2:25 pm

captmojo wrote:I was beginning to think the same thing. But damn, I am starting to get sleepy. The combination of a turkey sandwich and oafish Clemson/WVa BB is starting to knock me out. I want to see the tiggers come back but I think I've goota check out Butler/OD.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to head out in a bit to get more beer. Planning to zip out as soon as the Clemson game ends, so I can get back in time to catch the end of Butler-ODU.
God, I love this four-day stretch that just began.

And as I typed this, the Mountaineers ran the lead back out to 9 with two straight steals. Ballgame.
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 2:29 pm

With this post...238 to 10K!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 4:11 pm

wilson wrote:This morning, I got up at 6 am to go to one of those market studies. It was scheduled to run from 7 am to 7pm, for a payment of $200. I figured that was an overestimation of how long it would really take, that it couldn't possibly really run 12 hours. I was told that there was also a chance I'd be released earlier for a lesser payment.
Well, I went in, filled out a survey, ate free breakfast, and then was informed I was being released early. I spent another half hour reading a magazine while they processed a couple of things. Then they came in and handed me my parking validation and a $100 check, for an hour and twenty minutes of doing basically nothing. Now I intend to unapologetically sit on my ass and watch basketball all afternoon.
Good work if you can get it.
Man, am I glad those people sent me home this morning. There have been several great games already. Here's hoping Princeton will cooperate in creating the same in the second half against Kanta-kee.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 17th, 2011, 4:16 pm

wilson wrote:I just consumed a delicious reuben sandwich, and am now enjoying the last beer.
Next, I will quickly travel to the grocery, where I will purchase more beers for enjoyment during today's remaining hardwood action.
And lottery tickets.
I just had a reuben too! And I'm now enjoying the first beer. :D
I love reubens, I have enough meat to make one more sandwich..but still a bunch of rye bread. That's ok..rye goes well with anything.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 4:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
wilson wrote:I just consumed a delicious reuben sandwich, and am now enjoying the last beer.
And lottery tickets.
I just had a reuben too! And I'm now enjoying the first beer. :D
I love reubens, I have enough meat to make one more sandwich..but still a bunch of rye bread. That's ok..rye goes well with anything.
The reuben has long been one of my favorite sandwiches. It's kind of a thing in my family...we get a taste for them and make a corned beef 4 or 5 times a year.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 17th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Fun games today. Well, some of them anyway. Loved seeing Louisville getting a quick out. :D
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Looks like we'll hit the big one sometime this weekend?
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » March 17th, 2011, 6:17 pm

wilson wrote:Looks like we'll hit the big one sometime this weekend?

I think CB&B should get the honor when we do hit it.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 6:19 pm