Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » March 17th, 2011, 12:12 am

But then I got into another dust up.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 17th, 2011, 12:13 am

I think I need to pull a Grant Hill and write an elegant essay for the Notes section of my Facebook page. It will be called "No, it's not OK to tell me how much you hate Duke."
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 17th, 2011, 12:14 am

I've discovered that even though it's fairly hard to make me mad, it's not OK to tell me how much you hate Duke.
Bostondevil

Post by Bostondevil » March 17th, 2011, 12:15 am

Ronnie's next MRI to see if the chemo is working is next Tuesday.
DukieInKansas
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 17th, 2011, 12:18 am

Bostondevil wrote:Ronnie's next MRI to see if the chemo is working is next Tuesday.
Prayers continue in Kansas for Ronnie.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 1:20 am

DukieInKansas wrote:
Bostondevil wrote:Ronnie's next MRI to see if the chemo is working is next Tuesday.
Prayers continue in Kansas for Ronnie.
...and in Atlanta, where there is no annoyance whatsoever with BD helping me take people to task for accepting Jalen Rose's prejudiced, small-minded bile at face value.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 1:20 am

Don't look now, but I have earned a third spork OY. :ymblushing: :-??
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 17th, 2011, 7:02 am

I'm sending good thoughts and my prayers your way already!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 17th, 2011, 7:16 am

:wizard: Vibes for Ronnie. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
wilson wrote:Don't look now, but I have earned a third spork OY. :ymblushing: :-??
Bless your heart. :D
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 17th, 2011, 8:37 am

Bostondevil wrote:I've finished ArkieDukie's scarf. In fact I finished it a couple of months ago but I haven't mailed it yet.
:duke: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 17th, 2011, 8:39 am

Bostondevil wrote:She had every right to be mad at me.
I'm not mad at all. You've had far more important things to worry about. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 17th, 2011, 8:40 am

:YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard: :YMPRAY: :wizard:
-- Albert Einstein
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 9:02 am

This morning, I got up at 6 am to go to one of those market studies. It was scheduled to run from 7 am to 7pm, for a payment of $200. I figured that was an overestimation of how long it would really take, that it couldn't possibly really run 12 hours. I was told that there was also a chance I'd be released earlier for a lesser payment.
Well, I went in, filled out a survey, ate free breakfast, and then was informed I was being released early. I spent another half hour reading a magazine while they processed a couple of things. Then they came in and handed me my parking validation and a $100 check, for an hour and twenty minutes of doing basically nothing. Now I intend to unapologetically sit on my ass and watch basketball all afternoon.
Good work if you can get it.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 17th, 2011, 9:31 am

Prayers for Ronnie from the varnish zone.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 17th, 2011, 9:55 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
Prayers for Ronnie from the varnish zone.... :pray: :pray: :pray:
Varnish zone...eastern NC? Where exactly?
I could tell you way more than you could ever want to know about the history of varnish, turpentine, and other similar forest products in eastern NC.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 17th, 2011, 10:33 am

lawgrad91 wrote:B met with his Methodist committee people tonight in Gastonia, and he's been approved for Provisional Elder in the Methodist church, which means as of July he will have a full-time job as a minister. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke:

Which also means that, and as of the summer, I can use the $$ I've been spending for his insurance to JOIN THE IRON DUKES!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :9f: :9f:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Congratulations B. Now, if we could only convert B from the tarheel nation to be better side....Blue Devil Nation. :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » March 17th, 2011, 10:59 am

Very Duke Blue wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:B met with his Methodist committee people tonight in Gastonia, and he's been approved for Provisional Elder in the Methodist church, which means as of July he will have a full-time job as a minister. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke:

Which also means that, and as of the summer, I can use the $$ I've been spending for his insurance to JOIN THE IRON DUKES!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :9f: :9f:
:happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: Congratulations B. Now, if we could only convert B from the tarheel nation to be better side....Blue Devil Nation. :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
Hmm, B is a Methodist minister. Duke is a Methodist school. Seems logical to me that he'd be a Duke fan.
I worship the Blue Devil!
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 17th, 2011, 11:22 am

Thoughts, prayers, and vibes for Ronnie.

:ymhug: :wizard: :pray:

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 17th, 2011, 12:18 pm

wilson wrote:This morning, I got up at 6 am to go to one of those market studies. It was scheduled to run from 7 am to 7pm, for a payment of $200. I figured that was an overestimation of how long it would really take, that it couldn't possibly really run 12 hours. I was told that there was also a chance I'd be released earlier for a lesser payment.
Well, I went in, filled out a survey, ate free breakfast, and then was informed I was being released early. I spent another half hour reading a magazine while they processed a couple of things. Then they came in and handed me my parking validation and a $100 check, for an hour and twenty minutes of doing basically nothing. Now I intend to unapologetically sit on my ass and watch basketball all afternoon.
Good work if you can get it.
You suck.

:D

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 17th, 2011, 12:20 pm

The board is slow today.

~ James Naismith