Love the pics. Baby Ruth is precious. :ymhug:
Thanks! We agree! :D :ymhug: :-*
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
captmojo
PWing School Endowed Professor
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by captmojo » June 15th, 2010, 8:01 pm

Three years ago, my employer asked us to take a 15% pay cut ,for a three years term, in order to help the company emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At the end of the term an additional 2% raise was to be included. We voted to accept the terms by a very large majority. The company broke through Chapter 11 4 months later. A request was made to expedite the 'snap back' to original pay rates but denied us due to the term sheet agreement.

Three years ended May 28, 2010. The bungholes then went to court and requested the judge to re-visit for the purpose of forcing us to the negotiating table to re-establish a new pay rate. They claim they're still in financial difficulty.(probably true due to present state of the auto business) Yet, my belief is that their actions have spoken much louder than their words. We had previously shown a willingness to be flexable but this action seems like a slap in the face. If they were sincere, they could have appeared before an understanding group of loyal workers quite some time earlier.

A 72 hour notice of work stoppage was delivered to the company on Monday morning. They have just now announced they will meet the full agreement of pay restoration. Damn shame it takes threat of force to get what you've contracted for when you've spent 3 years bending over backward to satisfy the ungrateful.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » June 15th, 2010, 8:05 pm

captmojo wrote:Three years ago, my employer asked us to take a 15% pay cut ,for a three years term, in order to help the company emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At the end of the term an additional 2% raise was to be included. We voted to accept the terms by a very large majority. The company broke through Chapter 11 4 months later. A request was made to expedite the 'snap back' to original pay rates but denied us due to the term sheet agreement.

Three years ended May 28, 2010. The bungholes then went to court and requested the judge to re-visit for the purpose of forcing us to the negotiating table to re-establish a new pay rate. They claim they're still in financial difficulty.(probably true due to present state of the auto business) Yet, my belief is that their actions have spoken much louder than their words. We had previously shown a willingness to be flexable but this action seems like a slap in the face. If they were sincere, they could have appeared before an understanding group of loyal workers quite some time earlier.

A 72 hour notice of work stoppage was delivered to the company on Monday morning. They have just now announced they will meet the full agreement of pay restoration. Damn shame it takes threat of force to get what you've contracted for when you've spent 3 years bending over backward to satisfy the ungrateful.
A pity you had to go this far to get your company to fulfill its promise. And employers complain about no employee loyalty, yet they do things like this. It's just wrong.... X(
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » June 15th, 2010, 8:19 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
captmojo wrote:Three years ago, my employer asked us to take a 15% pay cut ,for a three years term, in order to help the company emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy. At the end of the term an additional 2% raise was to be included. We voted to accept the terms by a very large majority. The company broke through Chapter 11 4 months later. A request was made to expedite the 'snap back' to original pay rates but denied us due to the term sheet agreement.

A pity you had to go this far to get your company to fulfill its promise. And employers complain about no employee loyalty, yet they do things like this. It's just wrong.... X(

Too true.
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 15th, 2010, 8:23 pm

Agreed it shouldn't have taken such action on the workers' part, but it's great to hear you're agreement will be honored.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
TillyGalore
PWing School Professor

Post by TillyGalore » June 15th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Glad everything worked out. Too bad you had to take extreme measures.
I worship the Blue Devil!
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » June 15th, 2010, 8:58 pm

Good for you, Cap'n! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » June 15th, 2010, 9:02 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:Good for you, Cap'n! :D
I'll second that and send pointy-toed shin kicks and stiletto heel toe stomps to your employers.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » June 15th, 2010, 9:48 pm

Ungrateful is right. They should be appreciative that you all stuck with them.

I'm glad things worked out favorably for you.
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 9:53 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:I had lots of fun during the weekend's street art show, but as expected I didn't sell a damn thing. (That's ok, I go for the exposure and the hopeful commissions.) I did make one really cool contact, he's an architect here in Morehead and was impressed with my work. We swapped cards, I emailed him and he emailed me back today. He is thinking of using me to to do works specifically for his clients' houses or offices that he designs. That fukkin' rocks! I told him up front I have no interest in matching my paintings to any color, but I would love to work with him if he has a theme in mind for the spaces he is designing, and he seemed to be pretty on board with that. We'll see how it pans out. :D
Very cool!
Life is good!
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » June 15th, 2010, 9:55 pm

Thanks all!
This is why I was so short on that Good Mornin' today.
These people can really piss you off.
They will lie when the truth would satisfy Satan himself.

Uggh. Eight mo' years. They won't have to ask me to retire but once. :twitch:
Last edited by captmojo on June 15th, 2010, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 10:00 pm

Miles wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the pace of LTE 2.0 has slowed in recent weeks, maybe months?
The slow down seems to correlate to the increase of "Good Morning" posts and Idol reports.

I suggest a new strategy…
1. Let the Wookie win
2. Create an official "Good Morning" thread.
3. Create an Idol thread.
This must have happened - I'm only 40 pages behind.
Life is good!
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » June 15th, 2010, 10:10 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CameronBornAndBred wrote:I had lots of fun during the weekend's street art show, but as expected I didn't sell a damn thing. (That's ok, I go for the exposure and the hopeful commissions.) I did make one really cool contact, he's an architect here in Morehead and was impressed with my work. We swapped cards, I emailed him and he emailed me back today. He is thinking of using me to to do works specifically for his clients' houses or offices that he designs. That fukkin' rocks! I told him up front I have no interest in matching my paintings to any color, but I would love to work with him if he has a theme in mind for the spaces he is designing, and he seemed to be pretty on board with that. We'll see how it pans out. :D
Very cool!
Just noticed that you must doing a lot of catching up!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 10:21 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Holy :cow:, :batman:. They were just saying on the radio that Tiger has offered his wife a "severance package" worth a reported $750M to sign a non-disclosure agreement that she would never write a book or do a movie or anything else about this. I say sign it in a heartbeat!

@};-
She'll be having a good morning.

Good response! =))
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 10:26 pm

TillyGalore wrote:I have a friend who lives in Israel and is victim of domestic violence. She has moved out of her house and into an apartment. Yesterday, her husband beat her, no broken bones, but a lot of bruises. He was arrested and there is now a restraining order in place.

As I'm half a world away, there is not a whole lot I can do. So, I'm asking my CTN friends to send some serious mental shin kicks to my friend Karen's husband.

Ladies and gentlemen, please kick away.
Another round of shin kicks is directed his way. Good for her for moving out. I hope the restraining order works.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:
devildeac wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:Good morning. ~O) ~O)
What?
Again?
Yup. :D
It is a daily occurance. I believe not having another morning is bad for your health.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 10:55 pm

Miles wrote:Did anyone else watch "Hoosiers" last night? If not, don't bother if it comes on again. The editing job was horrendous. Whomever edited the movie should have their fingernails forcibly removed and banned from television for life. They cut some of the coolest scenes in the movie, including the most important scene (IMHO) where coach breaks out the tape measure before the big game. So lame. :Boo:
How could they cut out the tape measure scene. It is probably the most remembered scene in the movie.
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 11:01 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Ozzie! Hang a banner! :ymparty:

Already a better day than yesterday. We were walking the dogs this morning, and down the road, one of the neighbor kids had left his tarhole basketball in the front of his yard, near his ditchline. Merlin marched over to it, took one sniff, and hiked his leg. :obscene-moneypiss: That's my boy!

He got bacon and cheese shreds mixed in with his dog food this morning.
Please give Merlin a big rub on his tummy for me! A very good dog!
Life is good!
DukieInKansas

Post by DukieInKansas » June 15th, 2010, 11:07 pm

CathyCA wrote:I'm also pleased to announce that my son is finished with high school, and that he has enough points to graduate.

You all have no idea how close he came to not making it. #:-s
Congratulations to your eldest son.
Life is good!