Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CrazyNotCrazie
Full Time Student at PWing school

Re: Trump Vs Biden --- The Election Thread

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm

CameronBornAndBred wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 5:50 pm
For all the talk about Trump interrupting Biden, I feel bad for Joe who has to sit silently while Trump blabs blatant lies during his 2 minutes. That's gonna be tough.

PS...I saw a story about how Trump tested negative today. I'm assuming that's true, but it's hard to trust much that comes out of the WH these days.
I am hoping the moderator redirects Trump as much as possible, though it will likely be useless. If the topic is coronavirus and Trump starts talking about Hunter, she should interrupt him and tell him he's not answering the question. Personally, I would find him completely not answering the questions (even more than other politicians) to be bad, but many people don't care.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 22nd, 2020, 6:31 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 6:22 pm
I am hoping the moderator redirects Trump as much as possible, though it will likely be useless. If the topic is coronavirus and Trump starts talking about Hunter, she should interrupt him and tell him he's not answering the question. Personally, I would find him completely not answering the questions (even more than other politicians) to be bad, but many people don't care.
That would be nice, but I agree it would be a futile attempt. I've got no doubt that Biden's debate prep team has focused hard on this, and Biden is going to shut it down within the first 10 minutes of the debate. That's not to say that Trump won't continue to make it the issue of the night, because he will, but he's going to do so at his own peril since most debate watchers will see him avoiding the actual issues on the table.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 22nd, 2020, 11:04 pm

Well that was surprisingly civil. And even more surprising, I bet all of less than 2 minutes was spent on Hunter Biden.

Trump did well, and could even be reasonably declared the winner, but there was not enough done by either side for me to see any major swing in the polls between now and Nov. 3rd. And, 60 Minutes is still coming up, which Trump won't be loving.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 22nd, 2020, 11:11 pm

October 22nd, 2020, 11:04 pm
Well that was surprisingly civil. And even more surprising, I bet all of less than 2 minutes was spent on Hunter Biden.

Trump did well, and could even be reasonably declared the winner, but there was not enough done by either side for me to see any major swing in the polls between now and Nov. 3rd. And, 60 Minutes is still coming up, which Trump won't be loving.
I think one's take on it depends on which version of the truth they believe. Trump definitely did a lot better and Biden had some shaky moments. But if you can clearly see through all of Trump's lies and BS, and even more so if you find that all offensive, then it didn't go as well for him.

Trump's world view was summed up in his answer to the question about what he would say in his inaugural. He was still going after Biden and the Democrats, even though at that point it would be over. Everything is Us vs. Them. Enough.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 22nd, 2020, 11:15 pm

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 11:11 pm

Trump's world view was summed up in his answer to the question about what he would say in his inaugural. He was still going after Biden and the Democrats, even though at that point it would be over. Everything is Us vs. Them. Enough.
Biden definitely closed better on the same question. (That he actually answered.)
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 22nd, 2020, 11:28 pm

Lead headline currently on Foxnews.com: "Trump, Biden clash over Hunter Biden business questions at final presidential debate". I mean, yes, the topic was discussed, but is that how I would frame my lead headline about it? NYT and WaPO have headlines about them having very different visions of America. WSJ (same ownerships as Fox) says "Trump and Biden clash as race enters home stretch." It is amazing that millions of people have their view of the world framed by Fox.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 22nd, 2020, 11:37 pm

^^HA!

I bet less than two minutes of the whole debate was spent on Hunter. Smart move by Biden to bring it up first.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 22nd, 2020, 11:47 pm

October 22nd, 2020, 11:37 pm
^^HA!

I bet less than two minutes of the whole debate was spent on Hunter. Smart move by Biden to bring it up first.
WSJ (same ownership as Fox) just reported "corporate records show no role for Joe Biden." Can we move on now?
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 23rd, 2020, 12:01 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 11:47 pm
^^HA!

WSJ (same ownership as Fox) just reported "corporate records show no role for Joe Biden." Can we move on now?
Saw that brought up in an after debate show.

Fox News says "No". They can shout about it all they want, though; it's a non story and being further exposed as one.
Furniture
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by Furniture » October 23rd, 2020, 12:03 am

CrazyNotCrazie wrote:
October 22nd, 2020, 11:47 pm
^^HA!

Por favor...
If anyone ever tells you they are a stable genius. Get the hell out of there.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am

"Poor Boys" is going to live on. Those assholes just got given a new moniker by Joe.

=))
OPK
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Post by OPK » October 23rd, 2020, 7:23 am

October 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am
"Poor Boys" is going to live on. Those assholes just got given a new moniker by Joe.

=))
Now I feel bad having logged in To chat beforehand as OnePoorKid.
mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 23rd, 2020, 7:34 am

Headed out to vote shortly.
:obscene-drinkingbuddies:
weezie

Post by weezie » October 23rd, 2020, 7:38 am

I have made maybe one or two posts on the election thread over there and those were mainly humorous, or at least an attempt at humor.
Thoroughly sick of the tone, the sneering and the dismissive attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with the overbearing one-sided outlook.
mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 23rd, 2020, 9:01 am

weezie wrote:
October 23rd, 2020, 7:38 am
I have made maybe one or two posts on the election thread over there and those were mainly humorous, or at least an attempt at humor.
Thoroughly sick of the tone, the sneering and the dismissive attitudes towards anyone who disagrees with the overbearing one-sided outlook.
^:)^
mattman91

Post by mattman91 » October 23rd, 2020, 9:03 am

Just voted. No line.

I am once again going to be in the "also receiving votes" column for Soil and Water Conservation. It is a long tradition of mine to write my name in for that office.
CrazyNotCrazie

Post by CrazyNotCrazie » October 23rd, 2020, 9:17 am

October 23rd, 2020, 12:40 am

=))
Maybe they will take on The Boxer by Simon and Garfunkel as their theme song. They strike me as the types that would be really into that type of music (one of my favorite songs ever).
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 23rd, 2020, 11:48 am

Assuming that no other stories come out over the weekend (that's a BIG assumption), any mild gains that Trump may have had from the debate are going to be quickly forgotten as the 60 Minutes interview is once again brought into focus.
The interview made Trump appear as a leader detached from reality and incapable of handling a veteran journalist's polite, professional questions on important issues. But Trump seemingly believed that the exchange revealed him to be a victim of media bias.

"Look at the bias, hatred and rudeness on behalf of 60 Minutes and CBS," Trump said in the caption of his Facebook post featuring the uncut video, which CBS News said the president released in violation of his agreement with the network.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/60-minutes-i ... 26442.html
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 23rd, 2020, 2:05 pm

Interesting article about mail-in ballots that are subject to rejection. It's worth reading the whole thing, but here's a very small sliver in the middle of it.
In Florida, 3,210,873 voters have cast mail ballots, and of these, 15,003 ballots face rejection, corresponding to a potential ballot rejection rate of 0.47%. This rate is not an estimate. It is based on counts drawn from official statewide data.
I personally know one NC voter that had her ballot rejected, but thankfully she was notified in time to fix her problem. If you are in a state that doesn't open ballots until election day and you get rejected, I imagine your vote is toast.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-politica ... 24728.html
Phredd3

Post by Phredd3 » October 23rd, 2020, 2:19 pm

October 23rd, 2020, 2:05 pm
I personally know one NC voter that had her ballot rejected, but thankfully she was notified in time to fix her problem. If you are in a state that doesn't open ballots until election day and you get rejected, I imagine your vote is toast.
For that reason, I'm a little trepidatious that I voted last Wednesday morning and as of noon today, the ballot had not yet been entered into the tracking systems. Not that I believe our ballots will be rejected. We read carefully and followed all the instructions. But I want the peace of mind.