Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Re: Duke vs. Virginia Tech

Post by devildeac » October 11th, 2009, 7:33 am

bjornolf wrote:VT is REALLY coming together as a team. Tyrod IS the real deal, it's just taking some time for him to put it together. Our 12 point loss to them is only gonna look more and more impressive as the season goes on. I think they said that before the Duke game, VT's opponents were a combined 11-0 in games outside their VT game, and most of those teams only loss had come at the hands of the Hokies. And VT's only loss was to one of the better teams in the SEC. I think they're gonna be scary by the end of the season. Something clicked during that Nebraska game, folks. I hope, for their sake, it stays clicked. Things seem to be starting to click for our Devils too. Hopefully yesterday's game was just a sign of things to come. I think the VT game showed them they can hang with anybody, and they're starting to believe.

%%-
Minor point: we only lost by 8, 34-26. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » October 13th, 2009, 7:28 am

My bad. I was thinking 36-24. Yes, that's even better, especially considering what VT's been doing to everybody else lately. What was the spread? I bet we beat it by a ton.

%%-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 13th, 2009, 7:54 am

bjornolf wrote:My bad. I was thinking 36-24. Yes, that's even better, especially considering what VT's been doing to everybody else lately. What was the spread? I bet we beat it by a ton.

%%-
The spread was about 16 points, IIRC. Ya' know we had home field advantage, right? :roll: ;)
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.