LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » August 16th, 2015, 5:39 am

Videos have gotten difficult to post. Youtube has changed their coding.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 16th, 2015, 8:23 pm

Long time, no post.
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 17th, 2015, 6:34 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
windsor wrote:
windsor wrote:Further proof reality TV is face...the 'cast' of Duck Dynasty drink iced tea. UNSWEET iced tea. Southerners my ass.

no face of course, FAKE FAKE FAKE
I read your statement as "farce," which fits as well. :9f:
I read farce to, but was then thinking we needed an "a".
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 17th, 2015, 9:41 pm

I'm going to the lake tomorrow. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » August 18th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Amazon purchasers are brilliant.

I recently bought a 15" pizza stone. It is listed as a 15" pizza stone. It's even called a "Heritage 15 inch ceramic pizza stone."

So this morning I get one of those emails from Amazon if I can answer a purchaser's question, which is, "What is the diameter of the pizza stone?" :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 18th, 2015, 6:12 pm

Perhaps it is 14 3/4 and they rounded up?
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » August 18th, 2015, 6:40 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Amazon purchasers are brilliant.

I recently bought a 15" pizza stone. It is listed as a 15" pizza stone. It's even called a "Heritage 15 inch ceramic pizza stone."

So this morning I get one of those emails from Amazon if I can answer a purchaser's question, which is, "What is the diameter of the pizza stone?" :angry-screaming: :angry-banghead: :9f:
Maybe they thought 15" was the circumference and they didn't know how to do math with pi?
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » August 19th, 2015, 8:08 am

Are you sure these folks aren't one in the same with some of your t-shirt folks in court??? ;)
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 19th, 2015, 10:53 am

Oh, that is rich!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » August 19th, 2015, 11:52 am

Not sure how I missed this last week...a friend posted on facebook today

http://www.local12.com/news/features/to ... 4616.shtml

Heartbreaking - my thoughts are with the Battier family.
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » August 20th, 2015, 11:43 am

Tragic.

My heart and prayers go out to his family and friends.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 20th, 2015, 4:57 pm

Very sad. Prayers for his family.
Ima Facultiwyfe
PWing School Professor

Post by Ima Facultiwyfe » August 20th, 2015, 10:44 pm

Let me know how you like the ceramic. I bought a pizza steel and it's the most amazing thing! I bought a second one for the lake. Truly outstanding pizza! It's like having a real brick pizza oven!
Love, Ima
PS it's 15" in case anybody wants to know. :D
"We will never NEVER go away." -- D. Cutcliffe
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » August 21st, 2015, 8:27 am

Ima Facultiwyfe wrote:

Let me know how you like the ceramic. I bought a pizza steel and it's the most amazing thing! I bought a second one for the lake. Truly outstanding pizza! It's like having a real brick pizza oven!
Love, Ima
PS it's 15" in case anybody wants to know. :D
Can you give that to me in centimeters, please?
Life is good!
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 21st, 2015, 2:41 pm

Random mid-day post.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » August 21st, 2015, 11:09 pm

We are on our way home from the JK football game. I think the final score was JK 58 southern Wayne 6. :happy-bouncyblue:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2015, 5:35 pm

I'm stuck in an impossible situation at work. The Boss has instructed me to always be in the room when service engineers are working on Wile E. Coyote's instruments. So far this month that has been over 30% of my time. The reason? WEC and his idiot wife don't like one of the manufacturer specs on their instrument. They're trying to make service engineers replace parts that do not need to be replaced in order to meet their lower spec. The service engineers won't replace the parts, quelle surprise. Long story short, Mrs. WEC threw a screaming hissy fit and yelled at a service engineer, then me. Guess who got in trouble? If you guessed me, you would be correct. I'm "supposed to be Team WEC." The Boss will not even listen to my side of the story, he will only listen to WEC. Team WEC says the service engineers aren't doing their job, and I dared to agree with them and say that the problem was not what they claimed. (Oh, and I ultimately found the source of their problem, but The Boss wasn't given that piece of information.)

I'm waiting patiently for a good job offer to arrive so I can hand in my resignation and then talk to Human Resources. Strangely, this feels very much like my situation at ADH, when Supervisor Barbie had free reign to work short days and dump most of her work on me. She was "close personal friends" with the boss, so she told him all sorts of crap about me that he believed, and he wouldn't believe anything I said about her. That time I didn't say a word in my exit interview. I will not make that mistake twice. It feels as though Karma is giving me a chance to do the right thing this time. Everyone in the department recognizes the blatant favoritism shown to WEC, but folks are scared to do anything about it.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2015, 6:02 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We are on our way home from the JK football game. I think the final score was JK 58 southern Wayne 6. :happy-bouncyblue:

Sorry, VDB, I deleted a duplicate post of this as I still have the Green Jacket.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » August 22nd, 2015, 6:03 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I'm stuck in an impossible situation at work. The Boss has instructed me to always be in the room when service engineers are working on Wile E. Coyote's instruments. So far this month that has been over 30% of my time. The reason? WEC and his idiot wife don't like one of the manufacturer specs on their instrument. They're trying to make service engineers replace parts that do not need to be replaced in order to meet their lower spec. The service engineers won't replace the parts, quelle surprise. Long story short, Mrs. WEC threw a screaming hissy fit and yelled at a service engineer, then me. Guess who got in trouble? If you guessed me, you would be correct. I'm "supposed to be Team WEC." The Boss will not even listen to my side of the story, he will only listen to WEC. Team WEC says the service engineers aren't doing their job, and I dared to agree with them and say that the problem was not what they claimed. (Oh, and I ultimately found the source of their problem, but The Boss wasn't given that piece of information.)

I'm waiting patiently for a good job offer to arrive so I can hand in my resignation and then talk to Human Resources. Strangely, this feels very much like my situation at ADH, when Supervisor Barbie had free reign to work short days and dump most of her work on me. She was "close personal friends" with the boss, so she told him all sorts of crap about me that he believed, and he wouldn't believe anything I said about her. That time I didn't say a word in my exit interview. I will not make that mistake twice. It feels as though Karma is giving me a chance to do the right thing this time. Everyone in the department recognizes the blatant favoritism shown to WEC, but folks are scared to do anything about it.
Was ADH in St. Louis? Unfortunately, favortism is rampant in the workplace.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » August 22nd, 2015, 6:26 pm

Nope. ADH was my last job in AR before moving to St. Louis.
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein