PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 21st, 2015, 9:48 pm

piano man....
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » July 21st, 2015, 10:38 pm

Sing us a song tonight. Because we're all in the mood for a melody and well you've got us feeling alright.
windsor
PWing School Professor

Post by windsor » July 22nd, 2015, 8:01 am

The piano sounds like a carnival, and the microphone smells like a beer
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2015, 10:33 am

And they sit at the bar and put bread in my jar
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2015, 11:17 am

And say, "man, what are you doing here?" :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 22nd, 2015, 11:24 am

lawgrad91 wrote:And say, "man, what are you doing here?" :9f:
Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 22nd, 2015, 4:42 pm

I went home for lunch today. On my way back to the office, I noticed a moving van in my next door neighbor's driveway. She and I are pretty good friends, and she hadn't mentioned anything about moving. She usually tells me when something unusual is going on, like last month when a crew was at her house to film a piece for a documentary about her son.

So, I texted her, "Are things okay at your house? How are you doing? I saw a moving van backed in to your driveway when I drove back to the office a few minutes ago."

She texted back, "Holy shit! Are you kidding????"

I texted back, "No. I'm not kidding."

She texted back, "I am in California."

I texted back, "I'm going to ride back home and take another look."

So, I rode back by the house, snapped a few pictures of the moving van with my phone and texted them to her.

Then she called me. Right after I texted her, she had called her husband to ask Wednesday Thursday Friday was going on at their house. He told her that he was moving out, but that she could just tell the neighbors (me) that he was moving some books out of the house. (With a moving van?) He had told their 18 year old son (who was with her in California) that he was going to move out this week, but he swore the kid to secrecy because he "didn't want to ruin Mom's vacation." Apparently, the husband never thought about the effect that this almost secret move-out would have on his kid, or on his wife, who is supposed to return (to a half-empty house) on Monday.

And suddenly, I feel like I'm Alice Kravitz. Or like a witness in an alimony case.

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » July 22nd, 2015, 4:50 pm

CathyCA wrote:I went home for lunch today. On my way back to the office, I noticed a moving van in my next door neighbor's driveway. She and I are pretty good friends, and she hadn't mentioned anything about moving. She usually tells me when something unusual is going on, like last month when a crew was at her house to film a piece for a documentary about her son.

So, I texted her, "Are things okay at your house? How are you doing? I saw a moving van backed in to your driveway when I drove back to the office a few minutes ago."

So, I rode back by the house, snapped a few pictures of the moving van with my phone and texted them to her.

Then she called me. Right after I texted her, she had called her husband to ask Wednesday Thursday Friday was going on at their house. He told her that he was moving out, but that she could just tell the neighbors (me) that he was moving some books out of the house. (With a moving van?) He had told their 18 year old son (who was with her in California) that he was going to move out this week, but he swore the kid to secrecy because he "didn't want to ruin Mom's vacation." Apparently, the husband never thought about the effect that this almost secret move-out would have on his kid, or on his wife, who is supposed to return (to a half-empty house) on Monday.

And suddenly, I feel like I'm Alice Kravitz. Or like a witness in an alimony case.

What an awful position he put all of you in. My first thought was thieves - I think that might have been a better scenario.
Life is good!
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » July 22nd, 2015, 4:55 pm

DukieInKansas wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I went home for lunch today. On my way back to the office, I noticed a moving van in my next door neighbor's driveway. She and I are pretty good friends, and she hadn't mentioned anything about moving. She usually tells me when something unusual is going on, like last month when a crew was at her house to film a piece for a documentary about her son.

What an awful position he put all of you in. My first thought was thieves - I think that might have been a better scenario.
Burglars was my first thought, too, and I think that would be way less uncomfortable for you. :9f:

What a mindless bastard.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 22nd, 2015, 5:09 pm

What a jerk. I hope your neighbor takes him for all he's worth.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » July 22nd, 2015, 10:22 pm

CathyCA wrote:I went home for lunch today. On my way back to the office, I noticed a moving van in my next door neighbor's driveway. ........

Hmmmm. Parts of this sound vaguely familiar, don't they? :whistle: :veryconfused:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » July 23rd, 2015, 8:14 am

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
CathyCA wrote:I went home for lunch today. On my way back to the office, I noticed a moving van in my next door neighbor's driveway. ........

Hmmmm. Parts of this sound vaguely familiar, don't they? :whistle: :veryconfused:
Sort of, but not really.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
IowaDevil
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by IowaDevil » July 23rd, 2015, 8:24 am

I'm thinking burglars! How wrong I would be! What a jerk he is!
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 23rd, 2015, 9:08 am

Wow. What a heartless bastard. Vibes to your neighbor that she realizes sooner than later how lucky she is to have him out of her heart. I just don't understand why people can't be honest when they want to end a marriage instead of sneaking around.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » July 23rd, 2015, 10:18 am

I'm a thousand miles from nowhere... and 6.2 miles above the ground.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2015, 11:48 am

We're freezing corn today. Not a lot as it's not all ready. :happy-bouncyblue:
DukePA

Post by DukePA » July 23rd, 2015, 1:52 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:We're freezing corn today. Not a lot as it's not all ready. :happy-bouncyblue:
Did y'all break out your corn tweezers? :D

(When I was in my early 20s, I convinced a friend from NY that when we put corn up, we would pluck each kernel with corn tweezers before freezing.)
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » July 23rd, 2015, 8:17 pm

DukePA wrote:Wow. What a heartless bastard. Vibes to your neighbor that she realizes sooner than later how lucky she is to have him out of her heart. I just don't understand why people can't be honest when they want to end a marriage instead of sneaking around.
My sisters, who would like to join me in pulling the pointy-toed stilettos out in order to send shin kicks and foot stomps to the rat bastard?
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » July 23rd, 2015, 8:19 pm

Easy one:

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » July 23rd, 2015, 10:18 pm

DukePA wrote:
Very Duke Blue wrote:We're freezing corn today. Not a lot as it's not all ready. :happy-bouncyblue:
Did y'all break out your corn tweezers? :D

(When I was in my early 20s, I convinced a friend from NY that when we put corn up, we would pluck each kernel with corn tweezers before freezing.)
Of course. ;)