CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » March 18th, 2012, 3:02 pm

DukePA wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:I've had PBR...
Life is clear as mud with PBR :D !!!
We need a "like" button.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 19th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Tonight we bid a fond farewell to the Baron, the red Saab, its significant oil leak and its 256,000 miles.

We welcomed to the family Patrick, the 2006 Audi 4 2.0 Quattro. Patrick is dark green and I test drove him on St. Patrick's Day. I am working on the full name. I think the middle name will be Ryan, after RK.

:9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 19th, 2012, 10:35 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Tonight we bid a fond farewell to the Baron, the red Saab, its significant oil leak and its 256,000 miles.

We welcomed to the family Patrick, the 2006 Audi 4 2.0 Quattro. Patrick is dark green and I test drove him on St. Patrick's Day. I am working on the full name. I think the middle name will be Ryan, after RK.

I love the way you name your cars.

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » March 20th, 2012, 5:43 am

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Tonight we bid a fond farewell to the Baron, the red Saab, its significant oil leak and its 256,000 miles.

I love the way you name your cars.

You have to name your cars if you keep them for a long time. Then they're like members of the family. We name ours, too.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 20th, 2012, 9:06 am

I just call my car "the car."

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » March 20th, 2012, 9:08 am

Come to think of it, I referred to my last car as "that POS."

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 20th, 2012, 9:31 am

My Dad always named his cars, usually after some sort of bird, like Bluebird or Cardinal or Wren. My old Pontiac 6000 had the same name as my esteemed colleague's vehicle: POS.

All 4 of our cars have names: the silver BMW is The Duke, the Z3 roadster is Mocha (it's brown), and the Mini is, of course, Winston Grant Mini Cooper Helfet. :duke:

Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 20th, 2012, 9:58 am

We call our cars "my car" and "your car". And both of us having keys to both cars, our keys are my key, my "your" key, your key and your "my" key. We use the key names when asking each other if we have a particular key with us, as in "Mrs. Ozzie, do you have your "my" key with you? I'm swapping cars with you today."
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 20th, 2012, 11:52 am

My Mini is named Fiona Tauiliili. She has a crush on LG's handsome Mini :x
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Duke Sucks (the book)

Post by bjornolf » March 20th, 2012, 12:47 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Sucks-Comple ... 267&sr=8-1

They had Reed Tucker, the author of this book and a Carolina grad, on the radio this morning. He is about the LEAST unbiased guy I've ever heard. He had the radio show guys, professed Duke haters, defending Duke. He brought up K's cursing, which the radio guys had to point out is pretty common among coaches. He talked about his reaming out of a Chronicle reporter for grading the team a B+ back in 1990. He picked on K's hair. Said the girls at Duke weren't very good looking, and said the cheerleaders were ugly. Quoting Doh maybe? Brought up the media's love and "Dukie V" mentioning us during games not even involving Duke. (I saw a game where he did this once, but he mentioned Carolina four more times than he mentioned Duke.) also brought up how happy he was that we're out of it this year.

Jealous much? This sounds more like something a Maryland grad would write, at least to me. Anyway, not a big fan.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Re: Duke Sucks (the book)

Post by bjornolf » March 20th, 2012, 1:07 pm

bjornolf wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Duke-Sucks-Comple ... 267&sr=8-1

They had Reed Tucker, the author of this book and a Carolina grad, on the radio this morning. He is about the LEAST unbiased guy I've ever heard. He had the radio show guys, professed Duke haters, defending Duke. He brought up K's cursing, which the radio guys had to point out is pretty common among coaches. He talked about his reaming out of a Chronicle reporter for grading the team a B+ back in 1990. He picked on K's hair. Said the girls at Duke weren't very good looking, and said the cheerleaders were ugly. Quoting Doh maybe? Brought up the media's love and "Dukie V" mentioning us during games not even involving Duke. (I saw a game where he did this once, but he mentioned Carolina four more times than he mentioned Duke.) also brought up how happy he was that we're out of it this year.

Jealous much? This sounds more like something a Maryland grad would write, at least to me. Anyway, not a big fan.
I posted this same message over at DBR and it was taken down in less than five minutes. That must be some sort of record.
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 20th, 2012, 1:26 pm

DukePA wrote:My Mini is named Fiona Tauiliili. She has a crush on LG's handsome Mini :x
And Winston thinks Fiona is beautiful! :x
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm

I hate the "Dukie V" nickname. I heard Vitale on Mike and Mike just after the Red Sox won the World Series, talking about baseball. And only about baseball. Except he slipped in the fact that Terry Francona's daughter had a scholarship to play softball at unc. What the hell did that have to do with the Red Sox or the World Series? X( IMHO, he is the reason the mute button was invented. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2012, 7:30 pm

CathyCA wrote:Come to think of it, I referred to my last car as "that POS."

Can we hereby declare that all cars to be call "that POS" should instead be called "that tarhole"? :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 20th, 2012, 7:36 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
CathyCA wrote:Come to think of it, I referred to my last car as "that POS."

Can we hereby declare that all cars to be call "that POS" should instead be called "that tarhole"? :9f:
HELL yeah!
DukePA

Post by DukePA » March 20th, 2012, 7:47 pm

I found one decent review on the festering pile of shit: "Sassy drivel lapped up by a hungry market. Selective research conveyed with great authority. But what starts out as fun devolves into petty and forced, finally just tiresome."
http://www.thepilot.com/news/2012/mar/0 ... entional-/
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 20th, 2012, 7:52 pm

I was going to watch Geo. Tech, switch back and forth to Maryland. I couldn't find either game. The paper said they were on ESPN2 and ESPNU. I sure hope are Duke Ladies come on as scheduled.

:duke: :duke:
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » March 20th, 2012, 8:02 pm

The first showing of my condo is happening Thursday morning. Please send the all-powerful CTN house-selling vibes! :wizard: :9f:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 20th, 2012, 8:28 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:The first showing of my condo is happening Thursday morning. Please send the all-powerful CTN house-selling vibes! :wizard: :9f:
You ask, you will receive. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: