LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

Bostondevil
Graduate Student at PWing school
Graduate Student at PWing school

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by Bostondevil » September 7th, 2011, 11:19 am

Hmmm, haven't posted here in a looooonnnngggg while.

I got nothin' today either.

Oh, I took Andrew to see 'Bridesmaids' on Monday night as a 'Back to School' treat. Seniors. He didn't have to go to school until 12:30 on the first day.

Duke application awaits. As does Stanford, Davidson, UPenn, WashU, Rice and a couple others.
The time is out of joint, O cursed spite!
YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Post by YmoBeThere » September 7th, 2011, 6:54 pm

Raining here today. I went to work, just got home. That's something, but not much.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Guess who's probably coming to the Duke-Tulane game... :whistle:
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2011, 8:53 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Guess who's probably coming to the Duke-Tulane game... :whistle:
BostonDevil?

DinK?

DA?

Lavabe?

Ymo?

DukeUsul?

Turk?

ol' roy?

IDK. I give up.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I got it now!

AD?

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :) ;) :D ;;) :ymhug: :x :ymblushing: :p :-* B-) #:-s :ymdevil: :)) /:) =)) O:-) :-$ :o) 8-} :ymparty: :-? :ymapplause: :-w ;) :tease: :whistle: :Clap: :Pirate: :AR! :wizard: **== ~O) :YMPRAY: :- \:d/ ^:)^ :O3 :-BD :clap: :dance: :doh: :pray: :whistle: :9f:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2011, 9:39 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:Guess who's probably coming to the Duke-Tulane game... :whistle:
HOORAY!!!!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :ymparty: :dance:
Iron Duke #1471997.
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2011, 9:41 pm

devildeac wrote:
BostonDevil?

DinK?

DA?

Lavabe?

Ymo?

DukeUsul?

Turk?

ol' roy?

IDK. I give up.

I got it now!

AD?

:happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :) ;) :D ;;) :ymhug: :x :ymblushing: :p :-* B-) #:-s :ymdevil: :)) /:) =)) O:-) :-$ :o) 8-} :ymparty: :-? :ymapplause: :-w ;) :tease: :whistle: :Clap: :Pirate: :AR! :wizard: **== ~O) :YMPRAY: :- \:d/ ^:)^ :O3 :-BD :clap: :dance: :doh: :pray: :whistle: :9f:
Sporks to you, devildeac - you guessed correctly!
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 7th, 2011, 9:42 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:
BostonDevil?

DinK?

DA?

Lavabe?

Ymo?

DukeUsul?

Turk?

ol' roy?

IDK. I give up.

I got it now!

AD?

Nothing gets past you, DD!
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » September 7th, 2011, 9:44 pm

I guess I'll probably set that ticket aside for you! :D
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » September 7th, 2011, 9:45 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
I guess I'll probably set that ticket aside for you! :D
Thanks, Ozzie! :happy-bouncyblue:
-- Albert Einstein
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » September 7th, 2011, 9:51 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
ArkieDukie wrote:
devildeac wrote:BostonDevil?

DinK?

DA?

Lavabe?

Ymo?

DukeUsul?

Turk?

ol' roy?

IDK. I give up.

I got it now!

AD?

Nothing gets past you, DD!
The mind of a steel trap with the speed to match 8-| .
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » September 7th, 2011, 10:52 pm

Yipee!!!!!! It's about time. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke: :duke:
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 7th, 2011, 11:27 pm

Woo-hooooo!

:9f:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 7th, 2011, 11:44 pm

I'm going to eat dinner at my (new) girlfriend's house tomorrow for the first time. She bought ribeyes for her grill. Mmmm...gotta be impressed by a woman with a Weber!
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 8th, 2011, 5:08 am

My grill got messed up due to high winds. It had a cover on it, the winds picked it up by the cover and threw it around my yard.
CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CameronBornAndBred » September 8th, 2011, 8:12 am

YmoBeThere wrote:My grill got messed up due to high winds. It had a cover on it, the winds picked it up by the cover and threw it around my yard.
My grill didn't get messed up due to high winds, but I've been high and messed up while grilling. (In my youthful, younger days of course. ;) )
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 8th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Home. Our defendant decided to plead guilty rather than face a jury of his peers.

On the "it's a small world, after all" front, my high school principal, who I used to babysit for, was also on the jury pool. I grew up 6 hours from here, and had no idea Mr. C had moved to Forsyth Co., NC, from Portsmouth, VA. He recognized me after 27 years. Not sure if that's good or bad.
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 8th, 2011, 3:14 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Home. Our defendant decided to plead guilty rather than face a jury of his peers.

On the "it's a small world, after all" front, my high school principal, who I used to babysit for, was also on the jury pool. I grew up 6 hours from here, and had no idea Mr. C had moved to Forsyth Co., NC, from Portsmouth, VA. He recognized me after 27 years. Not sure if that's good or bad.
That's way cool.

Who was your judge this morning? Prosecutor? Defense attorney?

I'm asking because I did a judicial clerkship for Judge Reingold when I was a 3L. He was the young new judge then. That was 25 years ago. :twitch:

“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » September 8th, 2011, 3:18 pm

CathyCA wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:Home. Our defendant decided to plead guilty rather than face a jury of his peers.

That's way cool.

I'm asking because I did a judicial clerkship for Judge Reingold when I was a 3L. He was the young new judge then. That was 25 years ago. :twitch:

The clerk said it was a visiting judge, whose last name was Stone. Probably in his mid-50's.

We never saw any of the attorneys or the defendant. The judge was just kind enough to step into the jury room and tell us what had gone on. (In Henry County, the deputy clerk just tells people they are dismissed, without any further information.)
Iron Duke #1471997.
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » September 8th, 2011, 3:32 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:

That's way cool.

The clerk said it was a visiting judge, whose last name was Stone. Probably in his mid-50's.

We never saw any of the attorneys or the defendant. The judge was just kind enough to step into the jury room and tell us what had gone on. (In Henry County, the deputy clerk just tells people they are dismissed, without any further information.)
That's Richard W. Stone. He's from Wentworth. He was admitted to practice in 1981. He did his undergrad at UNC-G and law school at Chapel Hill.

~ James Naismith
YmoBeThere

Post by YmoBeThere » September 8th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Girl, don't go away mad...

Sorry, wrong thread.