LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

YmoBeThere
PWing School Endowed Professor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by YmoBeThere » March 13th, 2011, 9:37 am

captmojo wrote:I'm purely, tunnel-visoned into basketball today. Sights are completely set on beating the turkeys. I'm not, I promise,
putting one ounce of thought into the fact that my employer has just, unilaterally, decided to cut my, and all other
employee's pay rate, by 20%...right out of the blue, with no prior announcement and no justification. Even though
we have a contract and a year old court ruling against them that was to prevent their taking such actions. I'm not
thinking about that. Basketball rules the day today! I have left work issues at the workplace. 8-| :liar: :twitch:

I swear.

Really, I swear. A lot! What ASSHOLES! :violence-stickwhack:
Dirtbag bastards! :Gentleman: :whipped:
I could go on but...BASKETBALL FIRST! :angry-extinguishflame:
I'm sorry to hear this, captmojo. I have spent many hours with 5 different lawyers(okay, a few of those are in-house) these last few weeks making sure we comply with the laws, departmental regulations, and case law precedents for the states I manage. To hear other businesses ignore the rules ticks me off. My boss has been mad with me, "Why isn't all your other stuff done?" Ummm, being lawful and ethical isn't our number one responsibility?
captmojo
Location: It's lonely out in space on such a timeless flight.

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2011, 12:23 pm

I'm guessing that they (company management) are probably feeling a little emboldened by the recent developments in Wisconsin. I can understand their wishings, but this can only be defined as thievery. We, as a group, have more than bent over backward to help keep this company in fiscal operation. They declared Chapter 11 four years ago. They came to us and requested that we take a vote to see if we'd be willing to accept a 3-year,15% temporary cut in wages. At the end of the 3-year period, everything would be restored up to the state of the active contract plus COLA. Three weeks after that time deadline expired, we had to take them before a federal court judge to force compliance from them. So, precedence has been set. What they have in mind at this point, is totally unknown.

Bottom line: I may very well be 'On Strike' as of tomorrow morning.

As always, :9f:
"Backboards? Backboards? I'll show'em what to do with a f%#kin' backboard!"
DukePA
PWing School Associate Professor
PWing School Associate Professor

Post by DukePA » March 13th, 2011, 12:40 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm guessing that they (company management) are probably feeling a little emboldened by the recent developments in Wisconsin. I can understand their wishings, but this can only be defined as thievery. We, as a group, have more than bent over backward to help keep this company in fiscal operation. They declared Chapter 11 four years ago. They came to us and requested that we take a vote to see if we'd be willing to accept a 3-year,15% temporary cut in wages. At the end of the 3-year period, everything would be restored up to the state of the active contract plus COLA. Three weeks after that time deadline expired, we had to take them before a federal court judge to force compliance from them. So, precedence has been set. What they have in mind at this point, is totally unknown.

Peace and Solidarity, my friend! Stand tough!! GTHC!!! :9f: :9f: :9f:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2011, 12:50 pm

Thanks! Will do. :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 13th, 2011, 3:51 pm

captmojo wrote:I'm guessing that they (company management) are probably feeling a little emboldened by the recent developments in Wisconsin. I can understand their wishings, but this can only be defined as thievery. We, as a group, have more than bent over backward to help keep this company in fiscal operation. They declared Chapter 11 four years ago. They came to us and requested that we take a vote to see if we'd be willing to accept a 3-year,15% temporary cut in wages. At the end of the 3-year period, everything would be restored up to the state of the active contract plus COLA. Three weeks after that time deadline expired, we had to take them before a federal court judge to force compliance from them. So, precedence has been set. What they have in mind at this point, is totally unknown.

Capt, do you need a few warm bodies on the picket line? Picketing has never been my cup of tea, but as a non-union governmental employee, I have to admit that what has happened in Wisconsin to those who have a modicum of protection makes me really, really nervous. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2011, 6:46 pm

I hate the crap workers must deal with. I understand why companies need to make a decent profit but doubt seriously management takes a cut. They just want to stuff their pockets. :Boo: :9f:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 13th, 2011, 7:51 pm

When we took off that 15%, management agreed to do the same. They did. Then, three months later, they were caught in a scheme where they afforded themselves a bonus pay set-up. We got compensated then. I think that took the federal bankruptcy court judge in Atlanta to rule in our favor for that.

What happened in Wisconsin is like comparing apples to oranges, when it comes to the private sector labor union situation. The whole thing up there has been mishandled by both sides from the time going back before the election last fall. Not to get into anything political here, but the union should not have made a statement that sounded threatening to the Governor-Elect and he should have told the unions that he wanted to sit and have talks with open books before making a policy for compensation expenses from the employees. That whole disagreement up there has been a total PR disaster for BOTH sides.

People can agree to disagree, but without good faith, open talks to try to come to a working solution, you will only create disharmony from both partners toward each other. Dishonesty rules the day.

And curaliner goes to Hell, :9f: no matter what!
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » March 13th, 2011, 8:27 pm

You speak "good wisdom" Cap't. I hope you guys come out favorable. :9f:
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 13th, 2011, 10:02 pm

Good luck and vibes to you Capt. }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And we sent carolina to Hell today!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 14th, 2011, 12:59 am

Vibes and solidarity to you, mojo, and shin kicks to your company's fuckface management. Please keep us posted.
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:
:dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf: :dwarf:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 14th, 2011, 11:36 am

A labor strike of one. Me.
With the threat looming, the company medical overseerers released two drivers to a 'back to full duty' status, away from Worker's Compensation. Both these guys hold seniority over me. One has wisely (Harumph) returned and chosen to 'bump' me out of my assigned equipment. I have to choose another rig. (Harumph again) The ride I was in...I was the most junior in one of the type it was. I had to select another, and a different type rig. Volvo. Shit! I hate a f&%#in' Volvo. If you should happen to fart in a Volvo, you have to roll the window down because there isn't room for both of you to be inside the cab of that damned thing at the same time and space.

I selected one that is under the mercy of repairs from our shop. They will call me at home when repairs are complete. Meanwhile, 72 hour's strike notice was issued by the union, to the company. The 72nd hour equates to the 11:00pm hour tonight.We await.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » March 14th, 2011, 12:03 pm

captmojo wrote:If you should happen to fart in a Volvo, you have to roll the window down because there isn't room for both of you to be inside the cab of that damned thing at the same time and space.
Do you have an AC inverter for use in your cab? I'm pretty sure you would, and if so, I have a nice solution for you to get rid of those "unpleasant" odors, and those left by other drivers who have driven before you, or if you should happen to drive past a hog or chicken farm in eastern NC, or even through chapel hell...
http://www.greentechenv.com/gt50
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 14th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Beautiful day, good run, tasty ham sandwich.
That'll do.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 14th, 2011, 4:13 pm

Going home from work an entire 45 minutes early. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Today's defendant won't go home for 10 years.... :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
DukieInKansas
Location: Kansas - scientist's say it's flatter than a pancake - cross it on a bicycle and you won't agree.

Post by DukieInKansas » March 14th, 2011, 6:26 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:Going home from work an entire 45 minutes early. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:

Today's defendant won't go home for 10 years.... :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :9f:

Good Job, LG! Enjoy the selection show tonight.
Life is good!
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 14th, 2011, 7:15 pm

Perhaps I should be watching the women's selection show, but I am currently watching the Duke Blue Devils whoop the tar heels' asses again.
How beautiful. :happy-bouncyblue:
captmojo

Post by captmojo » March 14th, 2011, 9:30 pm

wilson wrote:Perhaps I should be watching the women's selection show, but I am currently watching the Duke Blue Devils whoop the tar heels' asses again.
I did this early this morning. Glad I did. O liked it so much, I'm gonna do it again tomorrow morning. :9f:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 14th, 2011, 9:47 pm

wilson wrote:Perhaps I should be watching the women's selection show, but I am currently watching the Duke Blue Devils whoop the tar heels' asses again.
A lovely thing. When will yesterday's festivities make it to the Apple Store, so I can add it to last year's lovefest in Durham?
:happy-bouncyblue: :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.
wilson
PWing School Professor

Post by wilson » March 14th, 2011, 10:14 pm

I am now watching 'Jurassic Park'. I love this movie. It's in my top 10.
:Orc: :Bowser: :-o :Moltres: :Charizard:
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » March 14th, 2011, 10:53 pm

Gratuitous PW so I can post in "Milestones" before I go to bed. :9f:
Iron Duke #1471997.