LTE 2.0

Anything goes, all topics welcome!

Moderator: CameronBornAndBred

CameronBornAndBred
PWing School Chancellor

Re: LTE 2.0

Post by CameronBornAndBred » October 31st, 2010, 9:26 pm

devildeac wrote:Wow. Crowded in here tonight. Why aren't y'all standing at your front door handing out poison apples to the little monsters who ring your door bell?

Registered users: CameronBornAndBred, CathyCA, colchar, devildeac, lawgrad91, OZZIE4DUKE, SwimDevil, TNTDevil, Very Duke Blue
TNTdevil and I are telling swimdevil to do her chores in Section 21. She's eating candy and getting chocolate on her keyboard.
Duke born, Duke bred, cooking on a grill so I'm tailgate fed.
Lavabe
PWing School Chancellor
Location: Land of the Lost, Kentucky (pining for the fjords of Madagascar)

Post by Lavabe » October 31st, 2010, 9:39 pm

YmoBeThere wrote:Posting here has slowed down a bit. Is LTE 2.0 getting "long in the tooth"?
I'm still recuperating from the drive for 25,000.
8-}
2014, 2011, and 2009 Lemur Loving CTN NASCAR Champ. No lasers were used to win these titles.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 31st, 2010, 10:02 pm

Lavabe wrote:
YmoBeThere wrote:Posting here has slowed down a bit. Is LTE 2.0 getting "long in the tooth"?
I'm still recuperating from the drive for 25,000.
8-}
Rest well. It won't be long before we work on 30,000. :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 31st, 2010, 10:19 pm

Max's middle school is playing for the conference championship Wed. They have not lost a game. They are playing in the "Big House". James Kenan High School, at night!! Max is so excited. I hope they play well. Max has had an awesome first year playing football. GO EE Smith Middle School. :happy-bouncyblue: Yes, their colors are blue and white. The best colors ever. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 31st, 2010, 10:22 pm

3 members on line, 5 guest. Where's DD? :D
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » October 31st, 2010, 10:33 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:3 members on line, 5 guest. Where's DD? :D
Thinking about taking an empty 6 pack out around the neighborhood, ringing doorbells on whatever houses still have their lights on and saying, "trick or beer." :ymblushing:
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » October 31st, 2010, 10:38 pm

devildeac wrote:
Thinking about taking an empty 6 pack out around the neighborhood, ringing doorbells on whatever houses still have their lights on and saying, "trick or beer." :ymblushing:
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
CathyCA
PWing School Chancellor

Post by CathyCA » October 31st, 2010, 10:47 pm

devildeac wrote:
My friend Julie and I did that in California. Except we said, "Trick or Drink." We also strategically planned and timed our bathroom stops along the way.

It made our Trick or Treating experience with the kids a lot more fun.

I also brought a few beers and a bottle opener along in one of those plastic pumpkins. (~~) :beer:
“The invention of basketball was not an accident. It was developed to meet a need. Those boys simply would not play 'Drop the Handkerchief.'”

~ James Naismith
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 31st, 2010, 11:04 pm

Very Duke Blue wrote:Max's middle school is playing for the conference championship Wed. They have not lost a game. They are playing in the "Big House". James Kenan High School, at night!! Max is so excited. I hope they play well. Max has had an awesome first year playing football. GO EE Smith Middle School. :happy-bouncyblue: Yes, their colors are blue and white. The best colors ever. :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue:
Go Max! Yay for the Blue and White! (Colors which are easy to cheer for! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncyblue: :duke: :duke: )
Iron Duke #1471997.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » October 31st, 2010, 11:05 pm

CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote:
My friend Julie and I did that in California. Except we said, "Trick or Drink." We also strategically planned and timed our bathroom stops along the way.

I also brought a few beers and a bottle opener along in one of those plastic pumpkins. (~~) :beer:
Now THAT is a cool idea. Too bad I don't have anyone to take trick or treating. Wonder if the neighbors would loan me a kid next year. There's plenty of them to go around.
Iron Duke #1471997.
Very Duke Blue
PWing School Chancellor

Post by Very Duke Blue » October 31st, 2010, 11:11 pm

devildeac wrote:
=)) =)) =)) =)) =))
devildeac
PWing School Chancellor

Post by devildeac » November 1st, 2010, 7:50 am

lawgrad91 wrote:
CathyCA wrote:
devildeac wrote: My friend Julie and I did that in California. Except we said, "Trick or Drink." We also strategically planned and timed our bathroom stops along the way.

Now THAT is a cool idea. Too bad I don't have anyone to take trick or treating. Wonder if the neighbors would loan me a kid next year. There's plenty of them to go around.
Mrs.DD accompanied several other parents around the 'hood about 15 years ago with the young DDs. All the other parents drank their way around the streets while Joy just chuckled.

Ask them if they'd loan you a child for a couple hours. Just think of all the candy you could steal. Oooh, bad choice of words suggesting that to a prosecutor. Perhaps, think of all the "candy collections fees" you could charge the kids and their 'rents. ;) :D
[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 1st, 2010, 9:57 am

Now that's a good suggestion, DD! I'll have to scout on my dog walks on trash day for the next year, and mark who throws out dead soldiers of the good stuff.
Iron Duke #1471997.
colchar
PWing School Professor

Post by colchar » November 1st, 2010, 1:39 pm

No, it is not getting long in the tooth. This is simply the lull before the next posting storm ;)
". . . when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford."
— Samuel Johnson

----------

2010 & 2012 CTN NASCAR Fantasy League Champion. No lemurs were harmed in the winning of these titles.

----------
bjornolf
PWing School Professor

Post by bjornolf » November 1st, 2010, 2:30 pm

Can someone tell me how in the name of la-dee-dah we lose to Maryland, Wake Forest, and Army, and yet beat Navy?! Is the world turning upside down?

@};-
@};- @};-
Qui invidet minor est...
Image Let's Go Duke! ImageImageImage
lawgrad91
PWing School Chancellor

Post by lawgrad91 » November 1st, 2010, 2:39 pm

bjornolf wrote:Can someone tell me how in the name of la-dee-dah we lose to Maryland, Wake Forest, and Army, and yet beat Navy?! Is the world turning upside down?

@};-
Turnovers.
Iron Duke #1471997.
OZZIE4DUKE
PWing School Chancellor

Post by OZZIE4DUKE » November 1st, 2010, 6:59 pm

lawgrad91 wrote:
bjornolf wrote:Can someone tell me how in the name of la-dee-dah we lose to Maryland, Wake Forest, and Army, and yet beat Navy?! Is the world turning upside down?

@};-
Turnovers.
And our quarterback had his head up his ass for about a month. Ask his mother. It has now been extracted and all is right with the world!
Your paradigm of optimism

:9f: :9f: Go To Hell carolina! Go To Hell! :9f: :9f:
9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F! 9F!

http://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2010, 9:25 pm

OZZIE4DUKE wrote:
lawgrad91 wrote:

@};-
Turnovers.
And our quarterback had his head up his ass for about a month. Ask his mother. It has now been extracted and all is right with the world!
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
ArkieDukie
Pwing School Dean

Post by ArkieDukie » November 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm

I've been cramming for tomorrow's exam, a.k.a. the election. How many of you are stuck with races where you don't like any of the candidates and are voting for the lesser of the evils? (I'm trying to keep this as neutral and PPB-free as possible, so apologies in advance if I crossed the line.)
Most people say that is it is the intellect which makes a great scientist. They are wrong: it is character.
-- Albert Einstein
bluebutton
Part Time Student at PWing school
Part Time Student at PWing school

Post by bluebutton » November 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm

ArkieDukie wrote:I've been cramming for tomorrow's exam, a.k.a. the election. How many of you are stuck with races where you don't like any of the candidates and are voting for the lesser of the evils? (I'm trying to keep this as neutral and PPB-free as possible, so apologies in advance if I crossed the line.)
I have/had (voted early) a different set of problems -- a giant slew of judgeships to vote for. 1) I have no idea what makes a person more qualified for judge than another 2) Even if I did know, how would I find out who was more qualified outside of their own websites? Also, this is my first time voting in a new state -- lots of weirdness all around.

I vote cuz I feel it's a civic duty, but man, I feel dirty afterwards.